No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's how I interpreted the below question from Darealrath

Would I be right in assuming that ASADA/WADA are only like to appeal a lenient punishment in the event of a guilty verdict, and not a 'not guilty' verdict?

EDIT: Darealrath clarified the post/question

Does the players choosing not to respond to the SCNs make the process go faster (get to tribunal quicker) or is it just that they don't seen any point in responding to them?

Does the players choosing not to respond to the SCNs make the process go faster (get to tribunal quicker) or is it just that they don't seen any point in responding to them?

It should make the process faster; however that is by no means a guarantee.

What will really get the wheels in motion is the AFLPA statement today which basically called out ASADA for being feet dragging *s.

Back to Go Blues and Bunk Morleand's posts about Hird possibly being charged by ASADA for trafficking of PEDS and similar substances - Following this line of thought this suggests that Hird was heavily implemented in the supplements program,despite the protestations of some who want to absolve Hird of any responsibility with supplements.
Perhaps people dismiss it as this stupid ******* angle about Hird importing drugs as this has been reported by who exactly? Apart form the ******* crackpots on this *ed site that is full of some of the most undesirable and stupid individuals ever to use a computer.

So excuse me if I want to defend a person who has been the scapegoat of this entire ******* investigation and dismiss bullshit innuendo and rumours started by utter imbeciles here.

Just stop acting like your opinion is the only one of reason.

Perhaps people dismiss it as this stupid farking angle about Hird importing drugs as this has been reported by who exactly? Apart form the farking crackpots on this ******ed site that is full of some of the most undesirable and stupid individuals ever to use a computer.

So excuse me if I want to defend a person who has been the scapegoat of this entire farking investigation and dismiss bullshit innuendo and rumours started by utter imbeciles here.

Just stop acting like your opinion is the only one of reason.

If ASADA are willing to issue SC's to anyone who received injections because anyone at any time could have received a banned substance that they can't prove was brought onto the property.

Then surely anyone at any time can be charged with trafficking said substances onto the property.

I find it interesting to compare and contrast the ASADA / AFL system with the court system.

In the court system - as I understand it anyway - the police investigate, take their evidence to the DPP, the DPP assesses the evidence and you only end up in court if the DPP believes there's a reasonable prospect of conviction.

In the ASADA / AFL system, ASADA investigate, and as long as they think there may have been an offence committed - which is a very low bar to have to clear - you end up in court (I'm assuming that the ADRVP is just a rubber stamp).

If the court system operated the way the ASADA / AFL model does, every time someone was accused of a crime they'd end up in court, because they may have committed a crime, and that's good enough to go off to court.

IMO, the ASADA / AFL system encourages a bit too much throwing of mud in the hope that some of it sticks - a 'well, even if the case is flimsy and we aren't that convinced they've done anything wrong, charge them anyway and let the courts settle it' way of thinking.

I don't get the HTB mentality wouldn't you rather the players be free and this s**t to end why do they want this to drag on?

I get the mentality, And it is a genuinely sad state of affairs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised that people are still surprised at the fact that some others watch everything unfold while knocking back the metaphorical bucket of popcorn.

It's been painfully obvious since approximately 4pm on February 5, 2013.

I'm surprised that people are still surprised at the fact that some others watch everything unfold while knocking back the metaphorical bucket of popcorn.

It's been painfully obvious since approximately 4pm on February 5, 2013.
I'm surprised that you are surprised that people are still surprised at that fact...

I don't get the HTB mentality wouldn't you rather the players be free and this s**t to end why do they want this to drag on?

I think you need to put a caveat on your post, stating that it is only players that are still at EFC.

If they are at EFC they are guilty, guilty and then guilty and deserve everything they get. If they have left EFC they are innocent victims.

And, you just went one step too far scezza.

Also, can people please stop evading the swear filter? If you want to drop the f bomb, just type it out and let the censor do its work.

Lets be honest; how did you react to Carlton salary cap cheating?
Well, I was a 14 year old in late 2002, so no doubt with immature glee.

I'd like to think even at that age I was old enough to appreciate a difference between a club and it's fan base, though.

Genuinely never wanted the club to die, though. Seeing Fitzroy go through that as a very small kid made sure I'd never want to see such a debacle repeated, regardless of the club.

Lets be honest; how did you react to Carlton salary cap cheating?

I enjoyed watching Carlton be punished for a breach, because I ******* hate Carlton.

Two things here:

1) They were guilty. No Essendon player has been found guilty of doping

2) I actually wouldn't be overly concerned if people just said they wanted Essendon to bleed because it's Essendon. That's fine, thanks for your honesty. But the holier than thou s**t, imbecilic arguments and moronic claims? Nah - you're a ******* idiot who is mistaking hatred for righteousness.

Well, I was a 14 year old in late 2002, so no doubt with immature glee.

I'd like to think even at that age I was old enough to appreciate a difference between a club and it's fan base, though.

Genuinely never wanted the club to die, though. Seeing Fitzroy go through that as a very small kid made sure I'd never want to see such a debacle repeated, regardless of the club.

To be honest, if it were Carlton going through this I could see myself going "Haha, * Carlton".

To become so absorbed in an outcome that it dominates my footballing thoughts though, no way could I see that happening.

Also why on earth would I want Carlton to fold? "* Hawthorn" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

The central point is, unfortunately, a lot of people are bad news gluttons. If you want evidence of that, just look at the ambulance-chasing tripe which has come to characterise a disturbingly large proportion of the mainstream media- they are catering for what a good proportion of their target market are demanding. That has always been present but it's pre-eminence, for mine, seems to be growing ever stronger.

It's probably easy for us to sit in this position we're in and say we wouldn't be the same if the shoe was on another foot, but I reckon a lot of us would.

My only hope is that, having been through all of this, it would give us some perspective when the shoe inevitably is on another foot in the future. I'm not particularly hopeful of that, though; a lot of Essendon fans have a profoundly toxic attitude towards other clubs and fans at the moment, and it's not without some justification. In a perfect world that wouldn't translate to the sort of pig-in-s**t rolling around we've come to expect from others, but let's be honest, it's not a perfect world. People have long memories.

I suppose I also hope we put those long memories to good use, bottle up what it's felt like to be on the receiving end of some of the stuff we have been, and realise that we'd be hypocritical if we then did the same back. But, I'm no doubt being pretty optimistic in that hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back