2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

What are people's thoughts on blease?

A couple of years ago when we had a severe lack of pace I would've considered looking at him but this is no longer a deficiency for us. He really lacks class so a no for me.

personally id look closer at mitch brown than robinson ! the boy has been trouble since 15 down here as a junior , you carnt grow brains im sorry
brown could play down back and be less risky a proposition but lets see what happens

If you want to be a topline side you don't need rejects who cannot get a game at other sides. You continue to find hidden gems in young players who can develop. To pick up Robinson (cheap or otherwise) would send the wrong signals about the club.

We've such a strong midfield we don't need him and even if he proved half serviceable for a year or 2, he won't be in the mix when we push towards the top of the ladder in 2017, 18.

Its a big NO from me. IMO we should look for potential that has been overlooked in the draft particularly in areas where we are light on.

Its a big NO from me. IMO we should look for potential that has been overlooked in the draft particularly in areas where we are light on.
I don't understand this logic. You know that Robinson is coming to us completely free and that our draft pick will be used to pick up hopefully overlooked potential from the draft, right? Like, the only thing we are paying for Robinson is a list spot because we have a spare one, right?

My favourite Mitch Robinson moment is when Harwood rag-dolled him when he tried to rough him up. Other than that though I thought he has shown some good attributes and that the only reason he's getting axed from the blues isn't to do with footballing ability. A new environment may or may not be good for him but we have money to spare and a list spot to give him a one year contract with an option for two if he keeps his nose clean and contributes. I don't see him as the insidious culture destroying cancerous type, just a bit of a loose canon. Maybe the blues ruined him and we can save him.

Sounds like someone else we are onto.

Robinson's defensive pressure is fine.

He actually does have positive aspects to his game, John!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

personally id look closer at mitch brown than robinson ! the boy has been trouble since 15 down here as a junior , you carnt grow brains im sorry
brown could play down back and be less risky a proposition but lets see what happens

Mitch Brown is (was) probably the physically weakest key position player in the AFL. Also injury prone. Even when not injured this year he couldn't cement a spot in a Geelong team desperate for a key position player to stand up. He's 24-25 and has done nothing to show he can play at Afl level. At least with Robinson you know he is capable of being a decent player if he can get his act together.

Dunno about Robbo, the bloke worries me.

Comes across as a bit of a trouble maker. Didn't he recently lie to the blues about being out late and how he got a fractured eye socket?

Meh.

Lots of people tell fibs to avoid getting into trouble when they've been naughty. In fact, I'd go so far as to say nearly everyone.

Even me. I remember pinching the colored blackboard chalk when I was in grade 1. Then after getting caught almost red handed trying to bluff my way out of it with the old:

"Who me?.........heh, heh,heh:oops:" routine.

Meh.

Lots of people tell fibs to avoid getting into trouble when they've been naughty. In fact, I'd go so far as to say nearly everyone.

Even me. I remember pinching the colored blackboard chalk when I was in grade 1. Then after getting caught almost red handed trying to bluff my way out of it with the old:

"Who me?.........heh, heh,heh:oops:" routine.
So we've established he shares behavioural traits with a 5 year old.

If you want to be a topline side you don't need rejects who cannot get a game at other sides. You continue to find hidden gems in young players who can develop. To pick up Robinson (cheap or otherwise) would send the wrong signals about the club.

We've such a strong midfield we don't need him and even if he proved half serviceable for a year or 2, he won't be in the mix when we push towards the top of the ladder in 2017, 18.

So we should have never picked up Patfull? Your logic is flawed. Sydney is also made up of loads of rejects...

Mitch Brown is (was) probably the physically weakest key position player in the AFL. Also injury prone. Even when not injured this year he couldn't cement a spot in a Geelong team desperate for a key position player to stand up. He's 24-25 and has done nothing to show he can play at Afl level. At least with Robinson you know he is capable of being a decent player if he can get his act together.
hi swanny i am afraid the word IF is the key to it , no evidence in that direction as yet and i might be wrong but didnt brown have a good game against us last time we met the cats ? maybe 15 odd touches and a goal ? so to say he is the weakest key position player in the league is a big ask dont you think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back