Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

7-Bottles-in-a-row.jpg

Favourite beers at the moment. Take your pic of any of them, the Golden Ale a sessionable choice and the Black IPA if you like your IPA's with the edge taken off with the use of caramel flavours.

Would or have you guys bought beers online? (talking craft/international) Or is the shopping experience of seeing what's new something you like? Use to love going to the international beer store in Leederville when I lived in Perth.

I've bought stuff online. Both from Belgian and interstate websites. Still like wandering into a store and picking up whatever looks interesting though.

Would or have you guys bought beers online? (talking craft/international) Or is the shopping experience of seeing what's new something you like? Use to love going to the international beer store in Leederville when I lived in Perth.

If you live in Melbourne go to Purvis or Slow Beer. I order whiskey online, but other than some Emu Bitter (for a laugh) through Dan's website, no beer.

Re: Favourite Beer

yeah we got the free ones, Ended up getting pinched out of my fridge by my little brother, He then proceeded to say my beer taste was shithouse

Right now im convinced that Feral Beer is probably the best thing in Australia,
Sierra Nevada is also damn good for a Pale Ale, However Dan Murphys flogging cartons at 70 :/
Try Hassle Hopp if you can get it.Burleigh Brewery QLD.

Anyone tried any of the Mash Brewery stuff?

I picked up their Copy Cat IPA last night and I'd say it's about par with Feral's Hop Hog.

Tried it last year when it came out, Pretty decent, However haven't been able to find it since
Unfortunately the brewery is stopping the bottles variety and going into barrels so I assume it'll be available in QLD. So for over here in the West I'd say pretty hard to find now. The Currumbine Dan Murphy sold the last one, about 2 to 3 weeks ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just having a couple of Coopers Sparkling Ales, which i haven't had in a long time. Forgotten how nice it is for a relatively mainstream beer.

The Pale is my favourite. Foreign Extra also delivers.

Heading to the Festival of Barrel Aged Beers in Chicago on the 14th/15th, then going back up there on the 28th for the release of the Bourbon County stout series.

Also heading down to St Louis over the next few days to hook up with some Perennial Abraxas, both the standard and barrel aged.

Just got some Founders Breakfast Stout to have a go at ;)

Gone through a few cases already @ $110.00 a pop :)
Love the stuff but time to give it a rest.

Haven't been that happy with the new seasons Coopers Vintage nor the new S.N. Southern Harvest. Just not as good as last years.

Have been enjoying the Ballast Point Big Eye though..........works great until just the final moment for me. A little too bitter a finish but good all the same.

That's not a terrible price really, it works out to be about 65 AUD a case here. Considering some of the usual mark ups there on US beer you've done well.

Consider that the day before I came back to Oz last time, I was drinking draft pints of PBR for $1.25 US, which was around 1.35 AUD at the time. Stopped at the Lucky Coq on the way home from the airport, and they were proudly selling PBR pint cans for 8 bucks lol. Even Dan Murphy's has PBR around the 60 dollar mark. That's the exact same stuff I don't even pay 15 a case for here.

Coopers is amazing for what it is. A national treasure. Australia is so bad at ordinary things being good (not just beer, anything), but Coopers beers are a rare exception. Get around Coopers.

Still my everyday beer. I don't think it's anything amazing, but rather a simple beer with a little meat in the body.

80450.jpg

Ballast Point Big Eye is a terrific IPA and now readily available at DM's.
Big, bold with a bit of a harsh finish but you'll know you've had some quality along the way.

Only $23.00 and you have to wonder why you'd bother with any Aussie IPA's

Still my everyday beer. I don't think it's anything amazing, but rather a simple beer with a little meat in the body.

80450.jpg

Big, bold with a bit of a harsh finish but you'll know you've had some quality along the way.

Sculpin is the one you want ;)

80450.jpg

As good as this beer is I think there's some brilliant Aussie IPA's and many I'd prefer in front of it.

As good as this beer is I think there's some brilliant Aussie IPA's and many I'd prefer in front of it.

There are new beers just about every day, so things can change.

Which do you recommend? The Hop Hog has a nice taste but is a very thin IPA for my liking.

I did though have a nice Two Birds IPA on tap last week but would still take American IPA's over anything I've had here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back