Former sportsmen whose credibility has been destroyed by their media careers

Remove this Banner Ad

Might've been, wasn't that happy when we sacked Watters tbh, most Saints supporters were happy when we sacked him but I thought he did a pretty good job all things considered and we haven't really improved since he left.

He was an outsider being a WA guy though, St Kilda turn on coaches pretty quick especially outsiders that don't fit into the Saints culture but I still think he's a good coach.

You're welcome to troll with the $ubiaco stuff but I did the hard yards as a kid barracking for Subi in the 80s when we couldn't buy a win. I'm no $ubi bandwagoner.

I'm sure you did - putting up with people dirtying the carpets of your Jaguar when it rained on game day :D

I actually don't mind Tubby behind the mic. Healy and Slats I cant stand. I don't think I've ever not heard Healy trip over his words trying to spit out a sentence.

O.J._Simpson_1990_%C2%B7_DN-ST-91-03444_crop.JPEG

I'm sure you did - putting up with people dirtying the carpets of your Jaguar when it rained on game day :D

Claremont supporters were the ones driving the Jaguars, Subi is a rich successful football club by WAFL standards now but it wasn't the case back then, they were unfashionable cellar dwellars and one of the poorest clubs with the least supporters.

I actually don't mind Tubby behind the mic. Healy and Slats I cant stand. I don't think I've ever not heard Healy trip over his words trying to spit out a sentence.

Slater was a decent commentator when he was doing overseas commentary on pay tv but then turned into a flog when he joined Ch9 and got teamed up with Healy, the two of them together are unbearable.

Slater was a decent commentator when he was doing overseas commentary on pay tv but then turned into a flog when he joined Ch9 and got teamed up with Healy, the two of them together are unbearable.

id say slater was always a flog. just burst out moreso on ch 9

Its pretty obvious that these days producers tell Slats, Nicholas and co to act like f**king dickheads - same thing is happening with AFL commentary, calling each other by stupid nick names, wanking each other off under the desk and all this bullshit analysis - its drawing blood out of a stone to try make themselves look smart.

Back in the day Richie, as CCP, ran a tight ship. Only speak when they needed to, and fill the space. Ah yes, the glory days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny how your opinions sway for different people.

Michael Voss comes across as a bit of a thicko, and while Mark Ricciuto makes good observations his level of charisma wouldn't be out of place at a Chappell family BBQ. I still think of both as gun footballers.

Richo kicked 800 goals, but his career was still a bit of a joke. He was the guy who would double back making 100m leads then have the ball kicked 10m over his head only to berate his teammates. Fans loved it. As a commentator I can't take him seriously. The self deprecating gags and mocking from BT & Darc' just make me think he is exactly how he came across as a player.

Luke Darcy on the other hand. Dickhead. I remember him being a top ruckman for a while and a Brownlow fancy one year, now all I see is dickhead.

It's funny how your opinions sway for different people.

Michael Voss comes across as a bit of a thicko, and while Mark Ricciuto makes good observations his level of charisma wouldn't be out of place at a Chappell family BBQ. I still think of both as gun footballers.

Richo kicked 800 goals, but his career was still a bit of a joke. He was the guy who would double back making 100m leads then have the ball kicked 10m over his head only to berate his teammates. Fans loved it. As a commentator I can't take him seriously. The self deprecating gags and mocking from BT & Darc' just make me think he is exactly how he came across as a player.

Luke Darcy on the other hand. Dickhead. I remember him being a top ruckman for a while and a Brownlow fancy one year, now all I see is dickhead.

Richo puts on this whole slow learner persona. Talks really slowly for some reason and has this permanent stupid grin on his face. I almost expect drool to just start running down his chin. I find it frustrating trying to listen to his him. I reckon he puts it all on.

The entire Ch9 cricket commentary team - Cheerleaders would be a better word for them -

I don't have much time for cricket anymore - Only ever seem to watch The Ashes, and since I've found online streams, I always hit up the British Commentary teams.. They are just a whole lot more subtle, more calm, and are not scared to let two or three deliveries pass by without saying anything if there isn't anything worth mentioning!

Ch9 fill every single bit of airspace with flogging their s**t shows like the Block, or Dancing with a Star. X over Factor Y, and don't forget their limited edition Cricket Memorablia - I'm pretty certain this season they've framed a hunk of grass that came from the boot of Glenn McGrath after a day in the outfield, personally signed, for $450 - Half the proceeds go to the McGrath Foundation, and to keep up with the spirit, the hunk of turf has been painted pink - Limited to only 3500 hunks of grass, so get in quick. Put it up in the pool room next to Mathew Hayden's box from 1993 Ashes Series (the one where Slater played instead) that you bought last summer and that wonderful photo of Greg Blewett somehow getting past 99 runs in his first test at Adelaide Oval back in the 90s sometime...

Meanwhile, Chappell will point out why it is that everyone who has ever done anything has done it wrong...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back