Is Graham Wright staying?

• Thread starter BOP66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

1yr left on his contract, has done a super job with our list management, if he chooses to go then so be it

We have lost good staff in the past, and I dare say we will lose more. The list of assistant coaches for example. However, is there anyone who hasn't been adequately replaced? Not that I can think of, and don't forget we lost one of our greatest in J. D.

We have lost good staff in the past, and I dare say we will lose more. The list of assistant coaches for example. However, is there anyone who hasn't been adequately replaced? Not that I can think of, and don't forget we lost one of our greatest in J. D.
What worries me is the timing. One month out of trade week and wright holds all the IP. I hope he stays and then we cut him loose early next year.

I would say that is all part of any contract we have with Mr Wright. We wouldn't let him start with Carlton prior to this years Draft, surely. In reality though Carlton probably will need different types of players than us.

I think there is a little bit more in it than just money. He possibly may have ambition to be more than just a recruiter and hawthorn don't have the scope to satisfy this ATM? 1 person does not make a club.

If he leave I wonder who will take his spot and if they poach someone from another club.

c355a.jpg

In all seriousness, if he wants to leave maybe we should let him go. No point keeping staff or players who don't want to be at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your entitled to your opinion. But sit Norm Smith at the head of a bunch of useless recruits and he still won't coach a premiership team.

My point - if it aint clear - it doesn't matter how good any coach is, if the recruiter hasn't brought in the right blokes, the club will be no good.

Head recruiter most important employee of every AFL club.

Very simplistic view of how good football clubs operate.

If you think Graham Wright plucks out kids and then Alistair Clarkson coaches them you're about 30 years behind.

Heard on SEN -Greg Denham that he's as good as gone to Carlton? I don't rate this journo just like many!
Anyone here know if this is definite? I haven't seen it anywhere else. Appreciate any info.

A listener called Bartlett, when Denham was there on Fri morning with him on SEN, the listener told Denham this would happen, Wright going. This crap is where Denham heard it. He said Wright was going to Carlton, Guaranteed! That's where Denham heard this crap. They have to sell gossip
In the media, this info was given months ago by someone who knew genuinely, he had been approached by them..It's just repeat gossip from the listener..It was well known months ago the blues had offered him a hefty pay for working there. Our club wouldn't allow him to break the contract with us. No such thing as loyalty any more.It flew out the window a long time ago. The money is the reason Wright would leave the Hawks, why would he want to work at the crappy dishevelled club, except for the $$:rolleyes:

with Silvagni reportedly looking at going back to Blues as List Manager, does this lessen the threat of Wrighty going to blues?

Pelchin resigned also

I'm not so sure about that. Sounds like a pretty typical football resignation from this. "Like all AFL clubs, there must be a relentless pursuit of premierships and I fully support the Club's need to restructure their football program to reflect the ever changing landscape."

Just putting out there but Pelchin is as good as useless.

Basically has been riding the coat tails of HFC (first in the 1980s as a recruiter) and then again as 'list development manager' in the baron years after we recruited Buddy, Roughead and Lewis

Good riddance to bad blood

Basically has been riding the coat tails of HFC (first in the 1980s as a recruiter) and then again as 'list development manager' in the baron years after we recruited Buddy, Roughead and Lewis

Surprised the Saints picked him up in the first place....But then given their history for bad decisions maybe not!

Interesting comment, it's true that no one wants to deal with him now, hence why he has been off-loaded.

However his TPP model, is what has made Hawthorn deliver on players beyond Pelcs structure. Our footy department was a financial basket case before he came on to assist, he delivered us picks, structure and NZ.

I would suggest that you would need to know more about what he did before you suggest that he was uselessness and good riddance.

Interesting comment, it's true that no one wants to deal with him now, hence why he has been off-loaded.

However his TPP model, is what has made Hawthorn deliver on players beyond Pelcs structure. Our footy department was a financial basket case before he came on to assist, he delivered us picks, structure and NZ.

I would suggest that you would need to know more about what he did before you suggest that he was uselessness and good riddance.
He did do some good, but its easier to forget that & post about the bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back