List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

*cough8 *splutter* we've already got pick 1 done #boyd *cough* *splutter*. Not sure everyone realises how massive this is. This will prove to be the greatest masterstroke in the history of the club. Even bigger than getting Justin Sherman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*cough8 *splutter* we've already got pick 1 done #boyd *cough* *splutter*. Not sure everyone realises how massive this is. This will prove to be the greatest masterstroke in the history of the club. Even bigger than getting Justin Sherman.

i do.

you've said in the past that your little bird friend likes bigger units over short people unless the little fellas have something special.

dya reckon caleb daniel fits the bill? he takes small to the extreme.

what appeals to me most about him are his skills by foot, his vision and (most importantly) his decision making. all seem top shelf. seeing as though we're a side that has been screaming for a guy (or 7) that can kick it well, and to a teammate's advantage, i see his strengths as complimentary.

Dannnnnnnnnn curious on your thoughts on Tom Templeton from North Ballarat can play inside and outside, forward or back and has good leg speed. Possible Rookie?
I don't know a lot about him and haven't got a lot of first-hand knowledge about him but I do know a little. He's a half-back/mid from the Rebels who developed pretty well this year. He's played all over the ground this year I think and averaged about 18 disposals at TAC level. Was one of NB's better players for much of the season and out-performed the likes of Duggan in St Pat's Shield win. He's an outside run type with solid skills and a bit of speed but he does butcher it under pressure a little. My viewing has been pretty limited but from what I have seen, he hasn't really stood out, even as a late/rookie pick.

Thanks Dannnnnnnnnn I was looking through the combine results and saw he performed really well. Keeping my eye out for any players that would be available at the rookie level who aren't too insanely inside or outside prefwrably with some leg speed. I've liked Taylor Grace all year because he fit nearly all of what I want as rookies but he is not overly quick. Very good player and clubman by all reports though
I don't know a lot about him and haven't got a lot of first-hand knowledge about him but I do know a little. He's a half-back/mid from the Rebels who developed pretty well this year. He's played all over the ground this year I think and averaged about 18 disposals at TAC level. Was one of NB's better players for much of the season and out-performed the likes of Duggan in St Pat's Shield win. He's an outside run type with solid skills and a bit of speed but he does butcher it under pressure a little. My viewing has been pretty limited but from what I have seen, he hasn't really stood out, even as a late/rookie pick.

When was that you last saw him?

Anyway I'd be looking at guys like Taylor Grace (who almost won 2 B&F in a row at the Dragons) or Caleb Hislop still young guys but can come in pretty much straight away if needed. Especially if we have 5 Rookie spots

Last year, he looked nowhere near it then.

Two KPD theory, player A Oscar McDonald player B Sean McClaren.
If player A is off the board come our picks use the picks 26,27 on utility mids from choice
of Connor Menadue, Damien Cavka,Corey Ellis or Brayden Maynard. The first two are more
likely than the last two, but who knows as things will change by November. Pick 39 best
available talent and pick 45 on player B Sean McClaren. Pick 46 DFA (polkinghorne)
McDonald-196 cm 88 kg
McClaren-197 cm 92 kg
Menadue-188 cm 69 kg (i never thought 69 would annoy me)
Cavka-184 cm 79 kg
Ellis-185 cm 76 kg
Maynard-186 cm 88 kg
Favorite player in the draft Nakia Cockatoo-184 cm 84 kg

Knightmare and co get a bit overhyped sometimes the way McKenzie has played this year he is a third round selection. That is why I look at Paige's and Skippos phantoms. Looking a bit unlikely that Redpath is getting upgraded particularly since it wasn't announced with Jong's and I was including the confirmed Jong upgrade btw
What about Jack Redpath and Lin Jong possible upgrades,some people
have McKenzie as high as 23 and as low as 39 i like Daniel Capiron also.

i do.

you've said in the past that your little bird friend likes bigger units over short people unless the little fellas have something special.

dya reckon caleb daniel fits the bill? he takes small to the extreme.

what appeals to me most about him are his skills by foot, his vision and (most importantly) his decision making. all seem top shelf. seeing as though we're a side that has been screaming for a guy (or 7) that can kick it well, and to a teammate's advantage, i see his strengths as complimentary.
Haven't talked to him about it, but I doubt we'd look at him. I'll ask next time for you though.

Knightmare and co get a bit overhyped sometimes the way McKenzie has played this year he is a third round selection. That is why I look at Paige's and Skippos phantoms. Looking a bit unlikely that Redpath is getting upgraded particularly since it wasn't announced with Jong's and I was including the confirmed Jong upgrade btw

Paige says mostly good things, whereas Skippos gives pros and cons.

Quigley is exceptional at defining pros and cons, although translating that into draft order is obviously an inexact science. He posts to the Brisbane forum so you maybe able to search there for players you are interseted in and his username.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back