2014/15 Melbourne Victory Thread - Home of the Champions!! #10yearsproud

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 games to go and not a win yet...

That's if he has actually got 8 games to go nothing has been confirmed that he is playing 10 games. I didn't think he played all that well or was used well enough by his team mates today (apart from the goal, which was lucky the keeper stuffed it).

Having said that will probably bag a hat trick next week against us especially if he's up against Lejier.

That's if he has actually got 8 games to go nothing has been confirmed that he is playing 10 games. I didn't think he played all that well or was used well enough by his team mates today (apart from the goal, which was lucky the keeper stuffed it).

Having said that will probably bag a hat trick next week against us especially if he's up against Lejier.
We will be put at an advantage if Leijer does another ratty tackle, breaks Villa's leg and gets sent off.

Is the Melbourne derby likely to be a sellout next week?
I'll say it will be.

Based on us getting 25k against WSW, and add in the other team's supporters, and add in that it's a derby, and add in that David Villa is playing.

So no chance of just rocking up and getting tickets at the gate?

The online booking fee is a load of crap.

Mmmmm.... should be OK if you rock up early.

The Victory women are playing a curtain rasier befor the Derby so you have an excuse to get there early.

Otherwise to guarantee just buy them online to be on the safe side if you are really desperate to not miss out.

Mmmmm.... should be OK if you rock up early.

The Victory women are playing a curtain rasier befor the Derby so you have an excuse to get there early.

Otherwise to guarantee just buy them online to be on the safe side if you are really desperate to not miss out.

Mmmm, Pub or Women's football, such a hard decision.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Koren out for six weeks too :D

I don't like to celebrate any injuries but it will be interesting to see how many "fans" turn up with two of their best players gone.

Yeah read about that too, that's two marquees in a row now that they have had injured to miss the start of the season Fred was very injury prone too when he was with them as marquee as well.

Not sure if just bad luck or bad recruiting, training facilities etc.. can't tell with these Muppet's the way they spin s**t.

Really who cares, good news for us ahead of the derby through.

I knew Villa wasn't going to play the 10 games that was first proposed, there was always something fishy about how it was all handled, what a joke!!!

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/melbourne-city-confirm-villa-departure#9OHziO7F8GCBIira.99

When John van't Schip was interviewed on SEN pre-season he sounded less than convincing when asked how many games they expected from Villa. It doesn't come as a great surprise they are only likely to get about half the 10 many of their fans were expecting from Villa.

Still, I'm glad he came. The more big names in this competition the better.

Derby:

Melbourne Victory squad:
1.Nathan COE (GK), 5.Mark MILLIGAN (c), 6.Leigh BROXHAM, 7.Gui FINKLER, 8.Besart BERISHA, 9.Kosta BARBAROUSES, 10.Archie THOMPSON, 11.Connor PAIN, 14.Fahid BEN KHALFALLAH, 15.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 16.Rashid MAHAZI, 17.Matthieu DELPIERRE, 18.Dylan MURNANE, 20.Lawrence THOMAS (GK), 21.Carl VALERI, 22.Jesse MAKAROUNAS, 23.Adrian LEIJER, 24.Scott GALLOWAY
***two to be omitted***

Ins: 18.Dylan MURNANE (returns from international duty), 22.Jesse MAKAROUNAS (promoted), 24.Scott GALLOWAY (returns from international duty)

Outs: 2.Jason GERIA (ankle)

Unavailable: 4.Nick ANSELL (foot – 2-3 weeks)

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 3.Robbie WIELAERT, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 9.David VILLA, 11.Damien DUFF, 14.James BROWN, 15.David WILLIAMS, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO (c), 25.Jacob MELLING, 26.Marc MARINO, 27.Ross ARCHIBALD
***two to be omitted***

Ins: 25.Jacob MELLING (promoted), 26.Marc MARINO (promoted)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 10.Robert KOREN (calf – 4-6 weeks), 13.Jonatan Germano (1-4 weeks)

Derby sold out, can't get anymore tickets on ticketmaster. 47,000 is the reduced capacity due to the seats being brought in

Yep, held off to sort something out and now it's sold out, spewing

That "CTI" competition seems to be bollocks too, it's been open for ten days and with the game on Saturday they still haven't announced the winner. Surely anyone who wanted to go would have bought tickets by now already?! The winner will most likely be doubling up on tickets

Been going to a bunch of MVFC games each season since they started. Decided this year to pony up the dough and get a membership. Already coming in handy with the sell out this round!
Same, can't wait to be in the South End next to City come Saturday night!

Yep, held off to sort something out and now it's sold out, spewing

That "CTI" competition seems to be bollocks too, it's been open for ten days and with the game on Saturday they still haven't announced the winner. Surely anyone who wanted to go would have bought tickets by now already?! The winner will most likely be doubling up on tickets

my mate just bought a membership. they said to just get there early to pick up your pass for this week and to get seats on level 3. worth it if you're at every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back