List Mgmt. 2014 List Management thread - 10 changes to the senior list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Blease to Geelong

Rhys Stanley and now Blease? If true, odds on Chris Johnson being first coach out the door must be shortening by the minute.

Nah, Geelong just backing Steven Wells' judgement on players - as always.

Blease to Geelong

Rhys Stanley and now Blease? If true, odds on Chris Johnson being first coach out the door must be shortening by the minute.
Safe as houses mate. Stanley will be good for us, can't say the same with Blease as I have never seen him play.

Oct 5, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtics
Georgiou...

118898.gif

Nooooooo!

Oct 5, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtics
Question is. Is he a player who is utterly putrid or a player who will look better in a better side?

He is lazy, plain and simple. A few flashes of brilliance over many years.

He decided to get of his arse and go and learn how to get some endurance (apparently) at the end of this season. Good to see that he did that after how many years on the senior list?

I wouldnt touch him with a 10ft pole.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jetta also officially announced to be upgraded to senior list.

2 senior spots open.

So if we are going to use pick 40, we'll need to delist one more.

And if we want to use another pick, or PSD2 then we'll need to delist two more - or we could put Terlich/Evans onto the rookie list and elevate them for Trengove.

Is that right?

Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
New York Giants

And if we want to use another pick, or PSD2 then we'll need to delist two more - or we could put Terlich/Evans onto the rookie list and elevate them for Trengove.

Is that right?

Yeah, but it won't be Terlich. He signed a new contract not long ago. Tapscott still unsigned and not announced that he is delist. Don't know what the plan is with him now.

I think the plan is to go to the draft with 2, 3, 40 and 42 (Stretch) and use 53 to promote Jetta. Unless a gem pops up I doubt we'll entertain the PSD or any DFAs

Is that right?
Yep :)

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Playing in a better side won't magically improve his disposal or decision making. Two way running maybe, but I very much doubt he'll be any good for Geelong.

Well, it may well - he'll have more good options and good direction from his teammates.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
So according to you blokes we should delist Bail, Jones, McKenzie, Tapscott and Evans this year, and use picks 53, 80, 97 and PSD2.

And then tell me what we do next year? Cross retires perhaps? Then what??

Not exactly. What I said was:

Look, I don't hate Bail but I do think he's a poor player. Terlich too. And I can't see them ever becoming good players. They both came out of contract and I think they should have been cut. As it stands now we're going to struggle to even use our third round draft picks because of a lack of space on the list unless we manage to manouvre contracted players off the list. I don't think we've organised this well.

It would also have provided an answer to your following quandry.

Is that right?

The final benefit is that we'll still have McKenzie, Evans and perhaps Matt Jones to delist next year. So you can put your mind at ease. :)

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Fair enough.

It seems the only thing we are in disagreement on, is that kids like Salem, JKH and Toumpas should push Jones and Bail out next year.

I don't see their development being a concern if it takes a couple more seasons for them to be cemented in the senior side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back