Saga should be over soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've read this, I presume?...
http://asada.gov.au/media/organised_crime_and_drugs_in_sport.html

‘In the six months I have been at ASADA I have had the club, the coach, the AFL Players’ Association, various other legal entities, plus other interested parties all voice their views as to the management of these matters.

‘While all claim to represent the interest of the players and/or Australian sport, the advice as to remedial actions varies dramatically.

‘In my role as protector of clean athletes in Australia, my advice to them is that if they want to act in the best interest of the players they should review the 12,000 pages of evidence and follow the due process.

‘I only wish that such interest in player welfare had been present in 2012,’ Mr McDevitt said.
Bam!

ASADA wishes to clarify comments made by various groups regarding ‘show cause’ notices and the provision of evidence to players.

Due to the Federal Court action by the Essendon Football Club and its coach, James Hird in June where they challenged the lawfulness of the evidence obtained by ASADA, it was appropriate for ASADA to delay the delivery of evidence in these matters until a judgment was handed down.

In the normal course of events, the comprehensive summary of evidence provided to players in the amended ‘show cause’ notices in October would have been available to players back in July.

ASADA is as keen as anyone to finalise these matters, but it will not risk the proper consideration of these serious matters for the sake of speed.

The period for players to respond to the amended ‘show cause’ notices ends on 27 October.
Double Bam!
And there goes any hope of backed dated bans to the first issuing of SCN's in July

Pretty clear what is in play. AFLPA is shitting bricks that some current or former EFC players will break ranks so they want to get a move along. Every day is another chance for the cracks to open up.

Pretty rich for the AFLPA to ask the process to be expedited now, when the AFLPA would be the first to squeal if ASADA took any shortcut in due process. This will run its course in accordance with the established legislation and regulations without any duress or legal games from the AFLPA and their lawyers.

I will check with the TGA, with respect AOD9604 injections thank you very much fish
Not TGA approved.
Neither is Thymosin beta 4.
Neither is thymomodulin.
Fish might think it is approved in Oz but it isn't. Sure you can get a dodgy doctor with no ethics to prescribe it and the Alavi types will dispense it.

Ben could be forced by the AFL issuing infraction notices. Ben couldn't really refuse cooperation and say he wasn't ready to supply the evidence to the AFL. He would be damned. ADRVP could take months - as is their habit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahaha, though really not a surprising reaction

Didn't think it would be that quick and that ... pronounced.

McDevitt is dropping hints to the players like a needy girlfriend a week before her birthday here.

It is basically along the lines of "We will do it, we don't actually want to do it, but we will do it".

Ben could be forced by the AFL issuing infraction notices.

In roughly the same way that Vladimir Putin could be forced by Abbott to open up about the plane...

An alternative view is that the statement's remarks, regarding the non-player caused delays, provide a rational and justifiable basis for the call for unusual urgent action and an end to such delays. The call for fast track action, rather than usual process, needs to be justified and the past delays (even WADA was not given reasons for all the NRL delays) and the damage to the players resulting from those delays provide the appropriate justification for exceptional action. ASADA will need a good excuse to deny the request for speed.
McDevitt just gave one. He doesn't control the ADRVP

Yep, McDevitt says gotta wait for ADRVP and their own timetable.
McDevitt had no problem dispensing with the ADRVP altogether with the cases of 12 NRL players. So he has no power over the ADRVP but he can completely ignore it at his whim. Players should simply ask PC McDevitt to bypass the AVRVP - he did it with the NRL. The "mandatory" process required the ADRVP to consider the NRL cases - they didn't.
He ain't saying it now. He is saying 'suck it up'

He he. And there it is MXETT. Saying the players are to blame on the suing thread and saying they're victims on this one - just like I predicted this morning.
try focusing. I said if the are banned they are partly to blame. I never said they took banned substances deliberately, as i have claimed since Feb 2013. McD seems to agree

interesting comment. He obviously doest think the players deliberately doped

That's been obvious since he first spoke and offered the players an understanding ear to their plight.

It was ignored and thrown back in his face with a court case that the players leant their support to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back