Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

... though out of Pakistan's spinners, one is on debut, one has played two tests for 6 wickets, and the other is Hafeez. If we can't handle that lot we don't deserve to win.
They've got a legspinner on debut, a 36 year old who's only played a couple of tests and Hafeez. If we can't handle them, we may as well get on the plane home now.

Love your posting style

Yep. Seems like one of those matches that could essentially be decided (or at least the results are limited strongly) by the toss, which really needs to be avoided.

All three tests in SA were too - which makes Smith's decision to bowl first all the more stupid.

Why aren't they blocking off 3rd man?

Siddle to Asad Shafiq, FOUR, third man again, Siddle has a wry smile on his face as he watches the ball dribble to the boundary to bring up the 350. Back of a length delivery that straightens outside off, Shafiq intended it to run down

Siddle to Sarfraz Ahmed, FOUR, good length ball on off stump, Safraz gets on the front foot and lets it run away off the open face. Clever batting, he knows there is no one there in the deep

Siddle to Sarfraz Ahmed, FOUR, oh, that's terrific hands from Safraz! It was not quite short. Nor did it have much room. But he is able to get the late cut away to the third man boundary and his timing has been quite sublime in this cameo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, on a dead flat dustbowl, you're more likely to get runs (and wickets) in front of the wicket than nicks for four to third man.....
Surely on a dead flat subcontinent-style pitch you block off third man, seems to be where half of them love to score runs.

See I was thinking of my own snide post about a spinner too but you kinda ruined it for me. Something like "can you guys understand now why O'Keefe had to wait so long?". Now I can't really do it. Thanks a lot.

I would have taken O'Keefe over Doherty and probably Maxwell (although Maxwell is an OK wicket-taker), but that's about it. He's been a bit too predictable here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back