News 2015 Fixture Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Please don't leave Easton Wood playing as a CHB this time.....

That's the main thing that makes me happy a new coach is coming in. The lack of talls at either end, when you could see we were going to be undersized just annoyed the hell out of me. Wood and Morris struggled at times, who can both be very good defenders when given a job on the right person, but were forced to play on key Forwards and getting physically dominated. Moz can go back to being a shut down king on dangerous mid sized or tallish fwds and Wood can focus more on giving us that attacking run we desperately need.

First leg of my Easter triple header. Plan is to fly in on Good Friday, train at the tan on Saturday with Canberra the next weekend in mind, then take in this game, the Saints v GWS game the next afternoon (wonder if we'll show up there to pay early "respects"), finishing with Easter Monday at the G.

First leg of my Easter triple header. Plan is to fly in on Good Friday, train at the tan on Saturday with Canberra the next weekend in mind, then take in this game, the Saints v GWS game the next afternoon (wonder if we'll show up there to pay early "respects"), finishing with Easter Monday at the G.

Do you like watching other teams play live? I couldn't imagine going to a game that isn't WBD.

McKenzie would probably need to go to Crameri as he's a better match for mobility, but if not that's cool by me. Hope Grant is fit & firing as well, very tough to match up on those 3 at once!

It seems ridiculous discussing match ups this far out, however, the off season is boring :p

Emac would go to Boyd, pretty much a no brainer.

Mitch Brown will go to Crameri. Crameri is pretty much the ideal match up for Mitch Brown.

That probably leaves Schofield (or the Gov depending on whether he's playing forward/back) to match up on Grant if he's up and about.

It seems ridiculous discussing match ups this far out, however, the off season is boring :p

Emac would go to Boyd, pretty much a no brainer.

Mitch Brown will go to Crameri. Crameri is pretty much the ideal match up for Mitch Brown.

That probably leaves Schofield (or the Gov depending on whether he's playing forward/back) to match up on Grant if he's up and about.

Who's on Stringer?

Let's hope our game plan develops over summer and the mids lower their eyes going forward, otherwise the big eagle backs will pick off the ball all night long and String, Crameri and even Boyd won't stand a chance. On the lead, if our mids offer good delivery, they could all kick a few.

Who's on Stringer?

Hurn? Yeo? The spare out of Gov/Schoey? Could even be Waters if he ever recovers from his injuries. We've got a fair few options back there.

Do you see Stringer spending chunks of time in the midfield next year? I didn't see enough of him this year to see what his role was.

Hurn? Yeo? The spare out of Gov/Schoey? Could even be Waters if he ever recovers from his injuries. We've got a fair few options back there.

Do you see Stringer spending chunks of time in the midfield next year? I didn't see enough of him this year to see what his role was.

How do you see your forward line structuring up next year?

Lycett, Darling and Kennedy with NicNat playing no. 1 ruck?

If so, I think Roughead is a good matchup for the second ruckman, Morris is the perfect size for Darling and one of either Talia or Roberts will need to step up and play on Kennedy (could get ugly for us if your midfield gets on top).

He was our number 1 forward in the second half of the season. Probably still is to be honest. Stays forward for me. Too good of a forward particularly when we have several decent mids already to build our midfield around.

Honestly depends on Crameri for mine. If he plays all year I'd like to see Stringer increase his minutes in the midfield to see what he can do there at AFL level. However, if Crameri gets rubbed out by ASADA, we're really limited for options up forward and Stringer will have to remain forward out of necessity.

I would be sending Picken to Priddis to try and limit the supply to their outside runners. Also get Hrovat to play on Shuey all day, resting forward when (if) Shuey goes forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you see your forward line structuring up next year?

Lycett, Darling and Kennedy with NicNat playing no. 1 ruck?

If so, I think Roughead is a good matchup for the second ruckman, Morris is the perfect size for Darling and one of either Talia or Roberts will need to step up and play on Kennedy (could get ugly for us if your midfield gets on top).

Yeah hopefully Nicnat can put in his first ever full preseason and take the mantle of number 1 ruck. I'd still expect Lycett to spend a fair amount of time in the middle though, he moves around the ground too well to be planted in the forward line. The two of them rotating between ruck/forward should be dangerous.

Kennedy at FF, resting ruckman, Darling playing the third tall role.

As much as I like Gov in the backline, I think he should line up at CHF.

He's the best contested mark we've had in years, which separates him compared to Kennedy/Darling who are both much better on the lead. Plus Gov in the forward line allows Darling to play third tall/move up the wings, which I think is his natural position. I'd like to see the end of the 'Darling to the midfield experiment'.

It probably leaves us a little bit too tall, so I'm not sure if that's what we'll see.

Yeah hopefully Nicnat can put in his first ever full preseason and take the mantle of number 1 ruck. I'd still expect Lycett to spend a fair amount of time in the middle though, he moves around the ground too well to be planted in the forward line. The two of them rotating between ruck/forward should be dangerous.

Kennedy at FF, resting ruckman, Darling playing the third tall role.

As much as I like Gov in the backline, I think he should line up at CHF.

He's the best contested mark we've had in years, which separates him compared to Kennedy/Darling who are both much better on the lead. Plus Gov in the forward line allows Darling to play third tall/move up the wings, which I think is his natural position. I'd like to see the end of the 'Darling to the midfield experiment'.

It probably leaves us a little bit too tall, so I'm not sure if that's what we'll see.

Geez if you guys send McGovern forward as well that will really stretch us.

Geez if you guys send McGovern forward as well that will really stretch us.

Yeah it would stretch any team.

However as we saw last year it only works when we send quality ball inside 50, which didn't happen very often. When we bombed it in blindly, which was often, we then got cut up at ground level and on the fast break. Our slight form turn around at the end of the season was on the back of our players transitioning the ball faster and through the corridor, and delivering into the forward line a lot smarter.

Yeah it would stretch any team.

However as we saw last year it only works when we send quality ball inside 50, which didn't happen very often. When we bombed it in blindly, which was often, we then got cut up at ground level and on the fast break. Our slight form turn around at the end of the season was on the back of our players transitioning the ball faster and through the corridor, and delivering into the forward line a lot smarter.

This was our problem to, however it was much worse as we had no one that was even a slight chance of marking the ball.

Will be interesting to see if there are any noticeable changes to our game plan early on. If we move the ball really quickly I can see Stringer kicking a few.

If we agree on match ups for round 1 now, what will we do for the next 6 months?
Fight, laugh at Norf, laugh at Carlton, fight some more, pity GWS, laud over Bontempelli, Boyd, Stringer etc. Prudden watch, proclaim our next draftees as the next coming of Jesus.

You know, standard stuff.

Fight, laugh at North, laugh at Carlton, fight some more, pity GWS, laud over Bontempelli, Boyd, Stringer etc. Prudden watch, proclaim our next draftees as the next coming of Jesus.

You know, standard stuff.
You forgot try to get the new coach sacked.

I have a depth calendar on my wall at home:

November (post draft) - depth seems alright. Happy with the draft.
December - kids look good. Depth is strong
January - everyone looks tanned and muscley. Good luck getting a game.
February - does 44 go into 22?
March - we have the greatest list ever assembled.
April - it's ok. Keep calm. We have all this depth to lean on.
May - depth. We still have depth right?
June - if Libba gets injured we're completely screwed.
July - can we even field a 22 this week?
August - we have, like, 12 afl standard players.
September - make that 5.
October - delist them all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back