Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

o'keefe picking up a bunch of wickets through slogs and bowling at tailenders is a terrible result for me

agree but still the best performing slow bowler; that's what is the really disappointing bit.

10Dulkar

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2013
Kardinia Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
I expected a bit more from O'Keefe given his first class record, which is particularly impressive given the higher averages spinners have in Australian domestic cricket but the telling element will be to how Zulfiqar bowls in comparison. He has quite a quick action and seems to beat batsmen for pace but whether he can do that on this track is another question.

matty p

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
o'keefe picking up a bunch of wickets through slogs and bowling at tailenders is a terrible result for me

I get the feeling you'd criticise O'Keefe no matter how many wickets he took and how he took them. Forgetting Lyon (who's debatable), O'Keefe is miles better than any other spinner in Australia who's played in the last few years. He's deserved a game for a long time now so it's nice to see him finally get a go. Hopefully he takes advantage in the 2nd innings.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I expected a bit more from O'Keefe given his first class record, which is particularly impressive given the higher averages spinners have in Australian domestic cricket but the telling element will be to how Zulfiqar bowls in comparison. He has quite a quick action and seems to beat batsmen for pace but whether he can do that on this track is another question.

Looks like Johnson was just as worried

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
I get the feeling you'd criticise O'Keefe no matter how many wickets he took and how he took them.

yeah basically. I mean obviously if he started bowling in an entirely different way i probably wouldn't. but as a NSW fan who has watched a ton of him, i just don't think he's particularly good and his record is bewildering and massively deceiving. so i'm not on board with the idea of him cleaning up the tail of all people.

Back