Recruiting Targets Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are we talking about Vickery? Trade week is up and he's not getting delisted.

There's not (not yet anyway). And I'd take Cameron Cloke in 2010 on our rookie list right now if somebody beats us to Baulderstone. The options are that slim. Usually there's a few decent delistee rucks floating around, but not this year.

Well then grab bloody "retired" Dean Cox at a minimum wage then, and give him a true assistant coaching gig to top up outside the salary cap... (or has the infamous Brogan-Cornes "look AFL, I'm retired, now I can go anywhere I want" loophole been closed?)

The unintentional one-upmanship in such a move would be ... as clear as Glass ;)

NB: I mentioned Vickery because someone was contrasting his cost/return on McKernan for the role. Won't happen again, Chief!

My recollection was that most of the posts were in favour of Toumpas but not significantly, and Wines was given a mention in nearly all posts. Certainly as draft day neared his name started to be mentioned more.

I was also strongly in the Grundy camp. was not keen on Toumpas and posted such (TPFP) because of his hip issues. got told he's a great kid though (from a friend who taught him)

Ok how far can we go before it becomes draft tampering. North are going to take him early if their board has anything to do with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok how far can we go before it becomes draft tampering. North are going to take him early if their board has anything to do with it.

Go the Cyril method of interviewing like a headcase and not the Brett Chalmers method of don't pick me I only want to go to club X

He has put it out there now an indigenous player makes a call where he would like to play without specifically saying he would only go there.
Does Cockatoo live in the Territory at present can we scare them about moving him to Melbourne?

Someone photo-shop a picture that will go viral of him at a night club with Mitch Robinson, Eddie Betts, Brendan Fevola, Campbell Brown, Liam Jarrah and Dayle Garlett.
That will scare clubs right off.

Don't know much about him other than is being touted as a top 20 pick and tested well at the combine.
Anyone got vitals, highlights etc?
Highlights of all potential draftees will be up on AFL.com within a few weeks.

But did some digging and found out he got the 6th best repeat sprint time in AFL Combine history.

Repeat sprint (seconds)
Joel Wilkinson 23.40 2010
Brad Harvey 23.46 2010
Shaun Atley 23.69 2010
Kieran Harper 23.84 2010
Jack Fitzpatrick 23.91 2009
Nakia Cockatoo 23.93 2014
Nathan Drummond 23.95 2014
Patrick Dangerfield 23.96 2007
Cyril Rioli 24.01 2007

Last edited:
hmmmmm this line doesn't work unless it's Jake Neade.
TheNeedForBleasev2.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back