News Rodney Eade confirmed as GC coach (see p10)

Remove this Banner Ad

To be interviewed for GC job according to Mark Stevens.
According to Stevens, Eade is the favoured option at GC.
Please get the job Rocket.

:D

Assuming he does leave (and that he actually does something at Collingwood) , would this be a good excuse to get "Sando" in as part of the footy department , or is that just making it too much more of a "boys club" , given his closeness to Bucks.

:D

Assuming he does leave (and that he actually does something at Collingwood) , would this be a good excuse to get "Sando" in as part of the footy department , or is that just making it too much more of a "boys club" , given his closeness to Bucks.

Pass on Sando, he and Bucks would just be comparing biceps all the time. Let's get aggressive and go get Bomber.

Good on him, hope he gets the job, has served us well really, I don't think it matters if he gets the gig or not.

The question I guess is who replaces him in that role if he does leave?

Good on him, hope he gets the job, has served us well really, I don't think it matters if he gets the gig or not.

The question I guess is who replaces him in that role if he does leave?
What does he do again?

Nah, won't open that can of worms again. Good luck to him also. I've liked him in Pies colours and enjoyed the few interviews he's done.

Whomever gets that GC gig is picking up a good list and will be under immense pressure to take it further and pretty quickly I reckon. They'll be definitely shooting for finals this year and expecting top 4 or better in 2 years you'd think.

Dead man walking

Rocket has Geoff Walsh's old job, head of football. He does a lot. I really don't understand why people think he does nothing.
I think it's more a running joke in here more than anything. I'd say it stems from having previous coaching roles that were very public to now being more behind the scenes and administrative that we think he doesn't do much.

Was announced his assistant coach at Essendon yesterday I think

Actually, think it was Harvey *edit

Yeah - no confirmation on Bomber , although he has softened his stance on not wanting to be an assistant. I have a hard time getting a handle on the guy - an erratic personality to say the least. Can't argue with his success though - having said that he was at Geelong for about twice as long as Bucks has been at the helm before he tasted success. And then there's Mighty Mick .....both successes after being given much longer than the average run .

Anyway........it sounds like we'd be creating a new position here or another senior assistant if we go after Bomber (or do we want him as head of football?) - in any case whoever it is should be a good man manager and tactician as support to Bucks .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah - no confirmation on Bomber , although he has softened his stance on not wanting to be an assistant. I have a hard time getting a handle on the guy - an erratic personality to say the least. Can't argue with his success though - having said that he was at Geelong for about twice as long as Bucks has been at the helm before he tasted success. And then there's Mighty Mick .....both successes after being given much longer than the average run .

Anyway........it sounds like we'd be creating a new position here or another senior assistant if we go after Bomber (or do we want him as head of football?) - in any case whoever it is should be a good man manager and tactician as support to Bucks .
I have nothing to base this on, but I just can't see Bomber and Bucks getting on. Like I said, it's more just a gut looking at both personality traits.

Bomber is collateral damage, should have got Voss, what about Gary Ayres?

Collateral damage means he's out of Essendon....Vossy mmmmpass and Ayresey might be a good get?
I think Bomber could rev us up a bit and at the very least could you imagine the press conferences? Between Bucks being a consummate media performer and Bomber being...Bomber we'd give the media boys very little and still become the darlings of the press once more!
Plus I'd love to see what Bomber could do with Reid and Cloke, Witts and Grundy.

Dunno what you mean by collateral damage. Voss ? no, no, no and I repeat, no. Now Gary Ayres would have Bucks a little concerned wouldn't he ? You could argue Ayres is better qualified for the job than Nathan...
Just mean with ASADA hanging over his head there would be some risk in bringing him in, knowing our luck it would derail our season. I think we definitely need someone with some presence, I don't think Bucks is a good bad cop role where if we get someone in to provide that I can see us getting a ruthless edge in again.
bomber would be good at this and Voss and Ayres, maybe even someone like Pagan to give the home truths when required.

Any love for Mark Williams? Although he may have burnt his bridges with us.

Other guy i don't mind is Dean Laidley. Not sure what he is doing now.

Ayres also an option.

I thought that Eade came out earlier in the week and say that he did not want to coach again and he wanted to stay at the Pies.
I don't think Eades roll at the Pies has anything to do with coaching now anyway??
I could be wrong though.

Any love for Mark Williams? Although he may have burnt his bridges with us.

Other guy i don't mind is Dean Laidley. Not sure what he is doing now.

Ayres also an option.
Neither really float my boat, was it Laidley though that everybody raved about as having one of the best footy brains in the business?

What about Guy McKenna - would take Bluey back in?

Neither really float my boat, was it Laidley though that everybody raved about as having one of the best footy brains in the business?

What about Guy McKenna - would take Bluey back in?
Straight swap, Eade out, Bluey in, fair enough.

Another option to think about could be John Worsfold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back