News Rodney Eade confirmed as GC coach (see p10)

Remove this Banner Ad

Any love for Mark Williams? Although he may have burnt his bridges with us.

Other guy i don't mind is Dean Laidley. Not sure what he is doing now.

Ayres also an option.

Remember we are trying to replace the head of footy ops (contracts, list mgt, high performance etc) not an assistant coach. Would love Chocco but he is a coach not an administrator.

I have nothing to base this on, but I just can't see Bomber and Bucks getting on. Like I said, it's more just a gut looking at both personality traits.

I agree, to put it plain and simply Bomber just doesn't give a f**k!

That's from people at Essendon. You just don't know what your gonna get.

I care. I want stability at the club. If Eade goes, we lose our second Director of Football in 18 months. Not good.
Yeah, good point. Although That'sGold no doubt saw this mass exodus coming o_O

I care. I want stability at the club. If Eade goes, we lose our second Director of Football in 18 months. Not good.
He is a coach though, not suited to director of football.

Helps us move on without admitting to the mistake of appointing him to replace Walsh.

A notorious hater of Collingwood before he got the gig. He has no qualifications for the role he holds at Collingwood currently, while there are thousands of people out there who have degrees and masters in strongly related courses to what the role requires.

Even better there are people who have been involved at AFL clubs and have better qualifications for this role. I really don't know why we kept Eade once he was told the coaching director role didn't exist anymore.

Don't know what he has done at Collingwood to say he did a great job. He was suppose to help Buckley in his first two seasons, result wise he hasn't done a thing. I was against it when he came and I couldn't be more for him leaving.

Please take him GC!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rocket has Geoff Walsh's old job, head of football. He does a lot. I really don't understand why people think he does nothing.
I remember the days when everybody used to put s**t on Neil Balme as well. Used to be a running joke that all he was good for was eating all the pies. For such a buffoon, it seems that he's done alright for himself once at Geelong. The fact is that most people here wouldn't have the first clue what Rodney Eade does at the club, or how important he is within the club heirarchy. The fact that he is being chased so hard would seem to indicate to me that he still has a fair bit of respect within the football world, regardless of what the average mug thinks of him.

You don't want ex coaches handling your contracts and TPP issues.

Buckley is now into his fourth season as a senior coach. He doesnt need a nurse any more. If Eade walks then he walks. We dont need a token old guy there unless he serves a purpose.
I actually think Buckley does need someone there more senior and calming, just a level head when Bucks goes all Suarez on us!

That won't be Choco I guess

Rocket has Geoff Walsh's old job, head of football. He does a lot. I really don't understand why people think he does nothing.
Agreed. Also don't know why people want him out, or want him replaced by an assistant coach...

Here's a newsflash guys. Rocket is not a part of the coaching panel anymore.

We need a head of football, not necessarily an ex-coach. To be frank, Geoff Walsh and Greg Swann are the only other others I can name, and they aren't ex coaches. So we don't don't need Bomber, Woosha, Vossy or anyone else in the roll. We need someone with a background in football and business. Hows about we offer a tasty salary package to James Clement? I have no idea what he's doing with himself these days, but I know he's an astute businessman.

Worsfold is definitely a good option for now. Bluey can't fulfil a director of coaching role as he is in no sense senior to Bucks.

Whoa, whoa settle down. Worsfold is one of the most over-rated players and coaches of all time. I could have coached WC better than him and with a decent coach they should have won way more than a single flag (by a point if memory serves me correctly) during his time. WC had talent to burn and massively underacheived.

But we were discussing Football Directors/Heads not coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back