LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Heaps less then the 9g if you take into account the fiber. They probably dont realise that.

10653866_10154752888715529_1794613427208894461_n.jpg

Yeah but didn't you mention 17g Honey?

Heaps less then the 9g if you take into account the fiber. They probably dont realise that.

10653866_10154752888715529_1794613427208894461_n.jpg
In Australia the fiber is already subtracted from the carbohydrates, so the carbohydrates stated are net carbs.

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2013C00098. Government legal guidelines for nutrition labels.

"carbohydrate means –

(a) ‘carbohydrate by difference’, calculated by subtracting from 100, the average quantity expressed as a percentage of water, protein, fat, dietary fibre, ash, alcohol, and if quantified or added to the food, any other unavailable carbohydrate and the substances listed in column 1 of Table 2 to subclause 2(2); or

(b) ‘available carbohydrate’, calculated by summing the average quantity of total available sugars and starch, and if quantified or added to the food, any available oligosaccharides, glycogen and maltodextrins."

I have spent the last half hour looking and sites and forums have it at 50/50. Noone seems to be able to post an official government backed explanation.

Although whether labels listed carbs are net or not is irrelevant if you only eat Vege, meat n eggs.

Still interesting topic

Very interesting.. still hard to keep up with everything! Do i do this, or do that.. you'd think that at some point soon, the absolute 100% perfect "diet" would come to light, wouldn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight with my pork belly I had kale. I drizzled macadamia oil over the kale and sprinkled chili flakes and himalayan salt over it and put it in the roasting pan until crisp.
Divine.

Does anyone have any suggestions what to accompany pork belly to replace apple sauce?

I use almond milk in my protein shakes. At the moment I am using Balance Ultra Ripped low carbs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back