Suggestion BF colours

Remove this Banner Ad

Tried it again and it worked. Not sure what happened the first time.

Kinda looks s**t. Have you played around with it much?
Unfortunately it doesn't look very good. That's why a dedicated dark theme created by Bigfooty would look much better than this version.

Chief don't be put off by that chrome look. There are many boards that have created dark themes that look fantastic will link you one later.

That looks absolutely horrible and I will never provide a version of BigFooty like that.
Yeah it is terrible. As I said I literally found it 2 mins before I posted it :p

I have tweaked it since then to look a bit better but this is a good example of a good dark theme (IMO):

Capture.PNG

Does the 'Warm Style' option even work on this site? Or 'Cool Style' for that matter. I'm not sure what one I'm using, but selecting either make no difference.

I bottle feed my newborn at 10pm while I browse BF, but the screen is way too bright and probably keeps him from dozing off properly. Would love a dark theme too.

Unfortunately the contrast on that one is pretty bad.

GG also.

http://contrastrebellion.com/

Chief

Fair points. Just remember tho, there are people who are sensitive to light, so for us, a dark theme like that raider one is what we need. These light themes are a case of too high contrast. A cause of literal headaches. The entire background so bright!

Please consider the option. Current theme for normal people. Dark theme for the others.

If the background is black and the font is silver or light gray, there is enough contrast difference anyway. It's just making sure the font color, the hyperlink color, etc are of a lighter shade.

The current theme would be unreadable too if the font color was yellow. As long as you make the font color on the dark theme not a dark gray then all is good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you thinking maybe a green background?
Then on the white foreground we could have the initials BF in orange and red respectively.

I'm happy to try anything* We've had the default colours of black & white ever since we made the move to xenforo.

Try something different.....if people don't like it we can always go back to what we currently have.

*nohomo

I'm happy to try anything* We've had the default colours of black & white ever since we made the move to xenforo.

Try something different.....if people don't like it we can always go back to what we currently have.

*nohomo
Okay, fair enough buddy.

Just thought you were keen on those colours in particular.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back