Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if sides will start to adjust to Warner in terms of setting fields. I would set more of an ODI field to him straight away try to take away his boundaries. He is suited to test cricket in this regard because anything that beats the field is usually four. He has actually struggled a bit in ODIs and I think it's because he only has one tempo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me why Pakistan needed to go at 2 runs an over all day yesterday!

it might have been boring but it was effective

good on them for making it hard for the aussies

How was it effective? They could have got to lets say 300 at the close...instead of having 450 they have 550...

Yep.

They've got 6 players with less than 10 tests, lost a couple of wickets early yesterday, and simply had to consolidate, made it a war of attrition and got runs today against a tiring Aussie attack.

Pretty good tactics if you ask me.

Remember when everyone freaked at the idea of Warner playing Test cricket.

I'll put my hand up as being guilty on that one.

Well, maybe not 'freaked', but I certainly thought it was a bad move.

I wonder if sides will start to adjust to Warner in terms of setting fields. I would set more of an ODI field to him straight away try to take away his boundaries. He is suited to test cricket in this regard because anything that beats the field is usually four. He has actually struggled a bit in ODIs and I think it's because he only has one tempo.
Don't agree in the least to be honest, a far more rounded player than someone like Shane Watson. He's shown a willingness to leave balls and rotate the strike when required, it's just that he misses absolutely no bad ball. He's a busy, attacking player but he has a solid underlying technique, a good defense and a rational head on his shoulders in much the same way that Gilchrist was. It's too easy to simply look at his strike rate and pigeon hole him as a mindless Afridi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back