Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's fine. If ultimately the players get off because ASADA can't prove their case to the required level of satisfaction, that's fine. There's no egg on anyone's face if that outcome occurs, because quite clearly there is a case to be made and answered (you just have to look at the Ziggy report to see that), but if the case can't ultimately be made out, then so be it. Prosecutors don't always win, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't prosecute.

It does mean * and *Hird will look like (even greater) idiots for running the Federal Court case, to try and prevent a case that ultimately proved to be unsuccessful. Wasted everyone's time, effort and money.

Not that I think that will occur. My gut feel is that the players are gawn. Like, Max Gawn gawn. Not sure to what extent - whether the full Maxy or just a partial Maxing - but yeah, I reckon they're more screwed than Melbourne's player development abilities. And maybe it's just me, but the way we've heard bugger all out of * and the very tame AFLPA statement since the beefed up SCN's were issued, but I get the distinct impression that they know they're in the s**t and are concentrating on damage control approaches (ie get the penalties reduced by playing along and being "co-operative") rather than their usual bluff and bluster "fight them on the beaches" approach?
Players: Show us your evidence! We demand evidence.
ASADA: Here, 350 pages that provide compelling evidence that something dodgy happened. Remember those injections?
Players: Oh, that evidence. Um, err, well. Can we talk to the AFL instead?

I'm sure *they kept records.

Its just that *they never kept them ......

...for others to see, ever.

Seinfeld%2Breservations.png

Jerry: I don't understand. Do you have my records?

*essendon: We took records, we just don't have the information.

Jerry: But the records are a 'record of information'. That's why you have the records.

*essendon: I think I know why we have records.

Jerry: I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *take* the record, you just don't know how to *keep* the records. And that's really the most important part of the records: the keeping. Anybody can just take them.

U kidding?? Everyone except delussional essendon supporters are just waiting for that drug cheat disgraced captain to have that brownlow medal taken off him and this saga to finally end, what a joke!! Shouldve been stood down as captain longtime no sympathy will ever come while Jboy and Jimmy Turd are associated with that red and black sachet.. oops i mean sash

Sick of the stupid players already. I hope they all get 2 year bans - not answering the SC notices is a sign that they are taking advice from Essendon again. "Ohh, they have nothing guys, we can beat this easy in the Tribunal". Nodding yes yes yes to everything whispered in their ears. They don't deserve any kind of leniency at all, these are the same group of people who were represented in the Federal court and went along with Essendon's case. Throw the book at them.

That is as close to a "get f***ed you dodgy bastards" statement as an independent body is allowed to issue. Well played McDevitt :)

Enjoyed it a lot.

Only minor complaint would be that he didn't employ the phrase 'Not in my house'.

rejected-o.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting little tidbit in The Age today that I had completely forgotten about.

"Under the WADA code, if two more more players from one team are found guilty of a doping violation, the ruling body "shall" impose sanctions on the team.

It would not be enough for the AFL to say that it already had punished the Bombers by expelling them from last year's finals. That was not because of proven doping violations, but for sloppy governance."

This is just the gift that keeps on giving......

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essend...m-frying-pan-beware-fire-20141023-11aq9o.html

Interesting little tidbit in The Age today that I had completely forgotten about.

"Under the WADA code, if two more more players from one team are found guilty of a doping violation, the ruling body "shall" impose sanctions on the team.

It would not be enough for the AFL to say that it already had punished the Bombers by expelling them from last year's finals. That was not because of proven doping violations, but for sloppy governance."

This is just the gift that keeps on giving......

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essend...m-frying-pan-beware-fire-20141023-11aq9o.html
Under the AFL Anti-Doping code they are a tad more ambiguous:
Where more than one Player from a Club has been notified of a possible Anti-Doping Rule Violation in any one season, the Club shall be subject to Target Testing for the remainder of the season. If more than one Player in a Club is found to have committed an Anti-Doping Rule Violation during a season, the Club may be subject to sanctions to be determined, in their absolute discretion, by the Commission.
If the players cop suspensions and the AFL do not impose further sanctions on the * then WADA may appeal that decision to CAS. They have no power to enforce punishment onto * themselves.

Under the AFL Anti-Doping code they are a tad more ambiguous:

If the players cop suspensions and the AFL do not impose further sanctions on the * then WADA may appeal that decision to CAS. They have no power to enforce punishment onto * themselves.

Yes, this has been done to death (of course) on the HTB. It's in the AFL's discretion - and they have already basically said they won't come back at the club again. Of course they should, especially because Little was such a smartarse insisting that any reference to drugs was removed from the original agreed penalties, but I don't think anyone really expects them to.

After that marvellous troll from Ben McDevitt, I propose a 50' bronze statue.

Would that be tall enough to be visible from Tullamarine? I don't mind making it Eureka Tower height if necessary, just so they can always see it as they train (after they come back).

Would that be tall enough to be visible from Tullamarine? I don't mind making it Eureka Tower height if necessary, just so they can always see it as they train (after they come back).
Obviously, such statue would have to replicate his current stance toward * i.e. pants around ankles, baring his arse at them.

Can we add the AFLPA to the list of groups/individuals whose reputations have been pretty much permanently sullied by their involvement in this debacle/shemozzle?
A brief stocktake includes;
  • * and all associated with it
  • Slobbo
  • Le grande pomme chip
  • Roco
  • Gerard Whateley
  • Sam Newman (not that it wasn't before)
  • Graham Cornes
You know how each year in King of the Ring, the WWE gets a wrestler that you vaguely remember from the past but you didn't particularly like or you did like but they weren't a superstar from a number of years ago to compete (like Tommy Dreamer, Pete Gas, Scotty 2 Hotty - I haven't watched wrestling in years so excuse the references). They start walking down the ramp to the ring and every one gives them a huge pop because of the nostalgia factor and they postulate and gesticulate like mad until the walk into the ring and then they walk straight up to gun wrestler like The Rock, HHH or Kurt Angle and they get hip-tossed over the top rope so they walk back up the ramp in abject humiliation.
Well that's what the AFLPA does.

Every time it tries to act tough it gets slapped down almost instantaneously. It's embarrassing. If I was an AFLPA board member I'd be wanting some sort of review of the AFLPA's actions throughout the whole thing (back when the * were on the juice).

Only Nico (or Niko11) is above the law

nico_above_the_law_xl.jpg

That was one of those awesome movies from my childhood that turned out to be not so awesome on the adult re-watch.....

That was one of those awesome movies from my childhood that turned out to be not so awesome on the adult re-watch.....
Lol yeah some of them moves were he broke arms and legs were ridiculous!

I heard on SEN ystrday that Thomson hasn't paid his fine..

Well, it's not like a court fine. If he isn't employed in the AFL, he can leave it unpaid. Pretty shoddy, frankly, but then what isn't in this tale?

Can we add the AFLPA to the list of groups/individuals whose reputations have been pretty much permanently sullied by their involvement in this debacle/shemozzle?
A brief stocktake includes;
  • * and all associated with it
  • Slobbo
  • Le grande pomme chip
  • Roco
  • Gerard Whateley
  • Sam Newman (not that it wasn't before)
  • Graham Cornes

Reckon McVeigh should be on the top of that list. Although, funnily he has been a bit quieter the last 12 months.

http://www.news.com.au/national/for...ers-doping-probe/story-e6frfkp9-1226572094386

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back