Random The new and improved random chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already had one massive distraction from the outrage from the AFL, the death of my Mother. It's a shame we couldn't win for her. :(

Sorry to hear that mate :(

Blasphemy. German Thrash and Black Metal is never boring!!! Ed_Gein can testify this.

Haha. To be honest i really don't like Thrash metal. Sorry! But i like Black, i'll give you that. ;) New Blut aus Nord soon can't wait. Must get the Winterfylleth album now and new Ghost Brigade and Pestilential Shadows out soon also. Good closing months of the year for metal.

Here we go all the f ing do gooders are out, ban horse racing , well ban walking across the road, ban soccer as 2 player died on the pitch last year, well ban anything that anyone, or animal can die.
These horses are the most looked after animals in the world, so piss off and find some decent cause to complain about.

Here we go all the f ing do gooders are out, ban horse racing , well ban walking across the road, ban soccer as 2 player died on the pitch last year, well ban anything that anyone, or animal can die.
These horses are the most looked after animals in the world, so piss off and find some decent cause to complain about.
I'm just so relieved to know that all horses that don't race live to be completely healthy and injury free.

The world has truly gone ******* mad. These horses are looked after better than the majority of people in the world.

I'll add to the list. Ban cars because of road kill.

Is Aliir likely to get a game next year? Why is there hardly any hype around him? Or have I been living under a rock? Just seems like the kind of player the afl would follow pretty closely but I don't think I've heard anything about since he was drafted
Why should there be hype? Because he's Sudanese? Who gives a toss!!? I'm so sick of people getting around players because of their race ala majak Daw. He is garbage but he is massively over hype because he is from Sudan.
I'm happy to get around Aliir Aliir just like any other player when he deserves it because he is playing well. As it stands he has done nothing and has a stack of work to do to get a game of AFL.

Why should there be hype? Because he's Sudanese? Who gives a toss!!? I'm so sick of people getting around players because of their race ala majak Daw. He is garbage but he is massively over hype because he is from Sudan.
I'm happy to get around Aliir Aliir just like any other player when he deserves it because he is playing well. As it stands he has done nothing and has a stack of work to do to get a game of AFL.

You obviously don't watch the reserves. He was very good until he got injured. Oh! You probably don't know about that either! Spent the second half of the season injured after a shoulder op. but would you care or have you made up your mind he will be a flop already? He showed me enough in the reserves that he has the goods to be a very good defender. I don't think there is a defender like him and I don't think there ever has been. Her is super agile and very Nic Nat like at an early stage of development. You are wrong about having a lot of work to do to get a game. If he plays like he did the first half of last year he will be close indeed. In fact I will bet you Pep`e La Pough's virginity he plays more than one game next season. By the way your post sounds quite racist. But I understand your point about silly hype. But don't you think that impacted Majak Daw too?

You obviously don't watch the reserves. He was very good until he got injured. Oh! You probably don't know about that either! Spent the second half of the season injured after a shoulder op. but would you care or have you made up your mind he will be a flop already? He showed me enough in the reserves that he has the goods to be a very good defender. I don't think there is a defender like him and I don't think there ever has been. Her is super agile and very Nic Nat like at an early stage of development. You are wrong about having a lot of work to do to get a game. If he plays like he did the first half of last year he will be close indeed. In fact I will bet you Pep`e La Pough's virginity he plays more than one game next season. By the way your post sounds quite racist. But I understand your point about silly hype. But don't you think that impacted Majak Daw too?

He was talking about Daw in response to an opposition fan asking why we aren't hyping up Aliir because of his background. Rather he earns his spot though hard work and good form (which you point out) rather than via the media hype North created around Daw.

Best way to go and won't place undue pressure and expectations on him.

Maybe read the quotes as well, to get the context of a post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Racist? Pathetic from you to tag my post as racist. It's people like you that make having a conversation about people from different nationalities impossible because you love to drop in the R word any chance you get. If you read my post I'm saying his nationality shouldn't be a reason to warrant hype ala Majak rather his skills and ability should be the barometer. How the fk is that racist?
Also I've seen him play several games and saw most of his under 18 work. I am more than aware when and how he was injured so you can take those ignorant comments of yours and shove them.
comparisons to Nic Nat and saying there has never been a defender like him are laughable, hasn't even played a game of AFL! I never said he won't make it I'm saying he needs work to make it, but according to you he is the next Nic Nat, oh and I'm also a racist, I'm an indigenous Australian and I'm pretty sure I know what racism is, take a look at yourself!

Children children... Take it down a notch. We all want Allir to be the next superstar but he's as yet unproven. He has shown a few small glimpses that excited some of us and we hope he has a good solid pre-season and smashes his way into the side in the next year or two. I'm certain we can all agree on that right?

Don't start hating on each other and insulting each other over what is essentially some mis-communication. There's enough opposition flogs that can do that enough already, last thing we need is to be eating our own on here...

Now, up to you but I reckon Wolftone ... McRobie..... Shake hands, apologize and move on.

He was talking about Daw in response to an opposition fan asking why we aren't hyping up Aliir because of his background. Rather he earns his spot though hard work and good form (which you point out) rather than via the media hype North created around Daw.

Best way to go and won't place undue pressure and expectations on him.

Maybe read the quotes as well, to get the context of a post.

I read both and got the context. But I just thought his comments were quite racist. If you bothered to read my post entirely you would see I mention Daw in the last sentence.

Racist? Pathetic from you to tag my post as racist. It's people like you that make having a conversation about people from different nationalities impossible because you love to drop in the R word any chance you get. If you read my post I'm saying his nationality shouldn't be a reason to warrant hype ala Majak rather his skills and ability should be the barometer. How the fk is that racist?
Also I've seen him play several games and saw most of his under 18 work. I am more than aware when and how he was injured so you can take those ignorant comments of yours and shove them.
comparisons to Nic Nat and saying there has never been a defender like him are laughable, hasn't even played a game of AFL! I never said he won't make it I'm saying he needs work to make it, but according to you he is the next Nic Nat, oh and I'm also a racist, I'm an indigenous Australian and I'm pretty sure I know what racism is, take a look at yourself!

Listen mate I didn't say he would make it. I said he moves like Nic Nat at an early stage of development. Why don't you read my response properly. I didn't accuse you of racism although I might. I don't care if you are Indigenous, Islander, Asian, you can still be racist. I agree with you nobody should be singled out for special treatment due to their race. I abhor Bruce McAvaney's comments like; 'They're so special aren't they' and 'As only indigenous players can do'. Firstly because they are condescending and secondly because if someone doesn't fit Bruce's mould then are they failures? Daw was given too much publicity and I'm sure that has affected his footy. The expectations were far too great. I wonder if he moves on to another team in maybe Queensland he might do wel? If you are indeed Indigenous then you would know what racism is I'm sure.

By the way this is the comment I was not happy about; He is garbage but he is massively over hype because he is from Sudan.

Something about the word 'garbage' I don't like being applied to a person. It stinks of 'ape', 's**t' etc. It is a demeaning word that can be taken only one way. Her is not good enough but to add the Sudan makes it sound not so good.

Listen mate I didn't say he would make it. I said he moves like Nic Nat at an early stage of development. Why don't you read my response properly. I didn't accuse you of racism although I might. I don't care if you are Indigenous, Islander, Asian, you can still be racist. I agree with you nobody should be singled out for special treatment due to their race. I abhor Bruce McAvaney's comments like; 'They're so special aren't they' and 'As only indigenous players can do'. Firstly because they are condescending and secondly because if someone doesn't fit Bruce's mould then are they failures? Daw was given too much publicity and I'm sure that has affected his footy. The expectations were far too great. I wonder if he moves on to another team in maybe Queensland he might do wel? If you are indeed Indigenous then you would know what racism is I'm sure.

By the way this is the comment I was not happy about; He is garbage but he is massively over hype because he is from Sudan.

Something about the word 'garbage' I don't like being applied to a person. It stinks of 'ape', 's**t' etc. It is a demeaning word that can be taken only one way. Her is not good enough but to add the Sudan makes it sound not so good.

The sentence that you are not happy with were I say Daw is garbage is exactly what I'm talking about when I say it's people like you make it impossible to discuss other nationalities.

That's your issue that you think it's a racist comment, I don't think like that...but you do. I've called many a footballer garbage irrespective of race because they are garbage at football, race has 0 to do with being garbage but according to you there is some seedy undertone of racism. It's your problem you can't get past race when having a discussion not mine and there in case is my point.

Topic over for me. Let's move on, go bloods!

what I was originally trying to get at is that people like Majak Daw and Nic Nat generally get a lot of attention/articles written on them where as I have not heard much about Aliir. While I agree its a bit silly to hype up these type of players just because of their ethnicity and cultural backgrounds I think all the excitement just comes from not having seen players like this before. Not sure how this has sparked a racism debate unless there was something written on previous pages. Was more just curious as to how close he was to getting a game

what I was originally trying to get at is that people like Majak Daw and Nic Nat generally get a lot of attention/articles written on them where as I have not heard much about Aliir. While I agree its a bit silly to hype up these type of players just because of their ethnicity and cultural backgrounds I think all the excitement just comes from not having seen players like this before. Not sure how this has sparked a racism debate unless there was something written on previous pages. Was more just curious as to how close he was to getting a game

Why is Ah Chee being ostracised from this discussion, the politics of exclusion is not ok.

gee, if they can give Jessie White 40+ games before moving him on, Alir should get 20 to 30 to prove himself.

Grundy and Richards looked like a pair of spuds in the GF. (Grundy's punch back into play still makes me vomit....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.