Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys

Wondering if someone might be able to help me here & apologies if it's already been brought up somewhere..

I've been looking at wedges online and I've noticed that they read something like 56 deg 11 or 56 deg 14. Just wondering what the second number means? Is it something to do with weight or bounce?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks
99.9% sure it's bounce.
Typically the more bounce you have, the harder it is to hit. So depends what level you're at as a golfer.

A couple of other things to note is what type of sand your course has.

The fluffier the sand, the more bounce you'd want, if it's hard packed, then you'd obviously want less.

Welcome Toothpick Vic

Vincent chase is spot on and his analogy can be taken further, if your fairways are heavily grassed and quite spongy compared to a hard tight fairway then the same rule applies.

What handicap do you play off? or what would you normally shoot for 18holes if not a member anywhere?

Typically the more bounce you have, the harder it is to hit. So depends what level you're at as a golfer.

A couple of other things to note is what type of sand your course has.

The fluffier the sand, the more bounce you'd want, if it's hard packed, then you'd obviously want less.

Thanks VC

Welcome Toothpick Vic

Vincent chase is spot on and his analogy can be taken further, if your fairways are heavily grassed and quite spongy compared to a hard tight fairway then the same rule applies.

What handicap do you play off? or what would you normally shoot for 18holes if not a member anywhere?

Thanks Toxic

I'm off an 11 at the moment but not playing particularly good golf.

Our fairways are pretty hard so I'll def need to take that into consideration.

What would be roughly 'average' bounce when talking about those mysterious 2nd numbers when looking at wedges?

Thanks Toxic

What would be roughly 'average' bounce when talking about those mysterious 2nd numbers when looking at wedges?

off 11? mate thats awesome! wheres ur home track?

Guys, what Golf clothing do you guys wear atm? Just the run of the mill Nike, Addidas, Puma, Under Amor? etc

I'm asking, because I'm undertaking a commercial feasibility atm, I'm considering launching a boutique Australian golf wear brand....

off 11? mate thats awesome! wheres ur home track?
Haha thanks Northy!

I was off a 9 a month ago but have played some poor golf since then!

My home track is in Kalgoorlie. Grew up playing on sand greens but now we've got a ripper of a grass course.

Guys, what Golf clothing do you guys wear atm? Just the run of the mill Nike, Addidas, Puma, Under Amor? etc

I'm asking, because I'm undertaking a commercial feasibility atm, I'm considering launching a boutique Australian golf wear brand....

If its bright and different I'd be interested. Wad in the uni qlo store in chaddy and they have some great attire

Thanks Toxic

Best advice. .hit some different bounces and brands. Depending on your swing and style it can also effect the result

If its bright and different I'd be interested. Wad in the uni qlo store in chaddy and they have some great attire

i shall be buying more uniqlo stuff now. was in the guangzhou store some 5 days ago but damn its all winter clothes. fuuuuuuu

anyway, casual shirts and some fantastic gold light pants ive seen at the chaddy store.

i wear adidas shirts, fave is a white tight one with thick pink and black stripes across chest region. yeh i lift! in fact all shirts are adidas. i find oakleys too big.

have an array of cotton on shirts too. however they are somewhat thick and not ideal for harsh hot weather.

shorts? hmm, old greg norman one. as an azn with short short legs its hard to get shorts that satisfy golf club regulations. these are basically the only ones i got.

shoes - footjoy boas. magnificent.

good luck with your venture!

adidas make some awesome looking gear

kathryn_newton_golf_cart5.jpg

Thanks Toxic

The degree of bounce on your wedges depends on your swing plane.
What sort of divots do u typically make with your wedges?
Short/deep or long/shallow?
This is the only factor in determining the correct bounce for your wedges.
IGNORE THE GRASS AND SAND CONDITIONS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wear adidas shirts, fave is a white tight one with thick pink and black stripes across chest region. yeh i lift! in fact all shirts are adidas. i find oakleys too big.

have an array of cotton on shirts too. however they are somewhat thick and not ideal for harsh hot weather.

shorts? hmm, old greg norman one. as an azn with short short legs its hard to get shorts that satisfy golf club regulations. these are basically the only ones i got.

shoes - footjoy boas. magnificent.

good luck with your venture!
Puma are decent for shirts as well. Made from that nice breathable material.

Agree with the shoes - Footjoy all the way.

Puma are decent for shirts as well. Made from that nice breathable material.

Agree with the shoes - Footjoy all the way.

puma good i agree although have not yet parted with hard earned on shirts. the rickie fowler ones are a bit too loud for my liking, and definitely not a straight brim cap man. regarding caps, i enjoy fresh air on the bonce....therefore rock the ian poulter style cap.

puma good i agree although have not yet parted with hard earned on shirts. the rickie fowler ones are a bit too loud for my liking, and definitely not a straight brim cap man. regarding caps, i enjoy fresh air on the bonce....therefore rock the ian poulter style cap.
Yeah, i wear the more simple designed ones. White with some orange/blue stripes (knicks) across the chest.

Not a hat guy myself. Or sunglasses either, always feel like they are going to fall off when i look down at the ball.

If i had the money to spend, i'd buy some of Poulters stuff from his website (not the tartan trousers).

Yeah, i wear the more simple designed ones. White with some orange/blue stripes (knicks) across the chest.

Not a hat guy myself. Or sunglasses either, always feel like they are going to fall off when i look down at the ball.

If i had the money to spend, i'd buy some of Poulters stuff from his website (not the tartan trousers).

lol knicks.

if i have to wear a hat, its the poulter style open top one. hats just create hat hair which is not a good look.

agree on sunnies. i too like the natural feel of light entering and hitting the retina. something about depth perception whilst wearing sunnies that annoys me. i wear glasses (typical azn).

Golfing brahs, black or white shoes?

Managed to talk my gf into getting me a taylormade SLDR Driver for xmas. Think she bought it yday for 329. Got the one with the white pearl top finish.

Stiff shaft, 10.5 loft - can adjust 1.5 degree each way.

Managed to talk my gf into getting me a taylormade SLDR Driver for xmas. Think she bought it yday for 329. Got the one with the white pearl top finish.

Stiff shaft, 10.5 loft - can adjust 1.5 degree each way.
Good choice dude, hope it goes well for ya

Good choice dude, hope it goes well for ya
Should.

I desperatly need a steel shaft.

My Wilson driver is quite flexi, i notice my hands are through the shot and my head of driver is still yet to come through, i end up having to do shorter controlled swings with it. Hit some nice flat long balls today though. Also hit a 20m like 60 degree lob wedge on the last hole par 5 when i tried to unleash and thats what happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back