List Mgmt. Non-Freo Delistings - Players of Interest

Which (if any) of the Delisted Free Agents interests would you like to see at Freo next season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

adam carter?
I liked his debut against us, fitted in really well and didn't seem intimidated by the contest or occasion (especially for a South Fremantle boy). Probably stiff to get the arse after only two years. His size and position is something you have to weigh up. He doesn't seem as though he'll ever play as a midfielder (not good enough) or half back (not tall enough), and he's only ever been spruiked as a backman, so drafting someone who can only play back pocket is a little questionable. However, Freo has no one else in the conveyor belt behind him, and that small defender role looks flimsy now and very questionable in two or three years when Spurr gets delisted or retires.

The crime against McKernan has been his coaches. He has been shuffled between the forward line, ruck, back line and pulled in and out of the side over his tenure at the Crows. He needs stability and a role, certainly has the tools.

Yeah, on that list, McKerna and Hamling are probably the two you could see being potential at to provide some usefulness over the next few years.

McKernan is an interesting one. He's got the raw ability as you say Malpaso, but clearly has struggled to get it all going in the right direction too. The cold hard truth is that if players like him haven't made it by now, they're not highly unlikely to - but I'd give him a slim chance of getting it together yet, he's only 24 which is not old for a tall especially. If he came here he would be a 3rd/4th string backup like Hannath is, but has the advantage of being a bit more athletic and a more natural forward which is what we need as a backup.

Maybe, if nothing better is available, we pull McKernan in, then drop either him or Hannath (or both) at the end of the year depending on which one gives us a better service and prospects over the next 4-6 years.

Mmmm, not sure, not totally against it, but wouldn't see it as a ripping move either - there'd have be some very slim pickings before I'd take him myself.

Yeah, on that list, McKerna and Hamling are probably the two you could see being potential at to provide some usefulness over the next few years.

McKernan is an interesting one. He's got the raw ability as you say Malpaso, but clearly has struggled to get it all going in the right direction too. The cold hard truth is that if players like him haven't made it by now, they're not highly unlikely to - but I'd give him a slim chance of getting it together yet, he's only 24 which is not old for a tall especially. If he came here he would be a 3rd/4th string backup like Hannath is, but has the advantage of being a bit more athletic and a more natural forward which is what we need as a backup.

Maybe, if nothing better is available, we pull McKernan in, then drop either him or Hannath (or both) at the end of the year depending on which one gives us a better service and prospects over the next 4-6 years.

Mmmm, not sure, not totally against it, but wouldn't see it as a ripping move either - there'd have be some very slim pickings before I'd take him myself.
It's a good point on Hannath, McKernan surely offers more than him.

They have delisted four small defenders this year. Showing their draft hand early?

Think so. They will grab small, speedy forwards and were obviously keen on Pickett but Geelong might grab him first now. If they do not turn out as forwards you try turning them into a small defender ala Roger Hayden but of course they will never be as good as Filthy Phil's nemesis...

Think so. They will grab small, speedy forwards and were obviously keen on Pickett but Geelong might grab him first now. If they do not turn out as forwards you try turning them into a small defender ala Roger Hayden but of course they will never be as good as Filthy Phil's nemesis...

as an AFL fan, i wish the cats pick up pickett instead of the eagles but then again he might learn ducking from the two best teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably only got rid of the good character guys... Nothing more annoying than having team mates nagging at you about your addictions I would imagine
Possibility but I reckon its more to do with having the right hair and beard. Nothing else would explain them keeping Ash Smith on the list so long. They were desperate for him to work out.

Ben Newton has walked from Port Power due to lack of opportunities. Any interest for us? Former Souths lad, good work ethic, and his SANFL form was white hot in patches during last year. Had a bad run with injury initially but seemed to get over the hump last year.

I'd have him, he has walked away from a contract, so you would expect that he already has a club lined up ready to take him

Ben Newton has walked from Port Power due to lack of opportunities. Any interest for us? Former Souths lad, good work ethic, and his SANFL form was white hot in patches during last year. Had a bad run with injury initially but seemed to get over the hump last year.

Yeah, a solid footballer. Still young too (22 odd). He's probably one of the more likely players going around now without a home. However, he's not a de-listed free agent, but still reckon someone will take a shot at him with a lower round pick.

As for us, we've got a pretty strong midfield, he'd be a fringe midfielder for us and, as you say, he's looking for more opportunities so he's nominated for the ND. That's a big call for a club like us that is tight on spots and only going 3 rounds into the draft. I doubt we'd use a pick on him. And if he falls through he'll probably end up going through the PSD, where we wont be participating. Can't see him coming here myself.

I'd have him, he has walked away from a contract, so you would expect that he already has a club lined up ready to take him

Doesn't matter. Port took John McCarthy when he was going to Richmond and they'd do it again I reckon. He looked great in his one season at Port. If Newton is our highest rated player at any pick we should and probably will take him. Screw the other teams. We are in this competition to beat them, not let them get stronger. Could do a lot worse at pick 54.

Doesn't matter. Port took John McCarthy when he was going to Richmond and they'd do it again I reckon. He looked great in his one season at Port. If Newton is our highest rated player at any pick we should and probably will take him. Screw the other teams. We are in this competition to beat them, not let them get stronger. Could do a lot worse at pick 54.

Correct.

Oh dear.

Norf's Trent Dumont busted for mugging a taxi driver.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-28/roo-under-investigation

Was being touted on the Norf board as a replacement in the midfield for Levi Greenwood. Great offseason so far for them, trading out one of their most consistent mids for the year for some old, injured, undisciplined hacks, and now this.

Daw still to face court sometime this summer too, yes?

Oh dear.

North's Trent Dumont busted for mugging a taxi driver.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-28/roo-under-investigation

Was being touted on the North board as a replacement in the midfield for Levi Greenwood. Great offseason so far for them, trading out one of their most consistent mids for the year for some old, injured, undisciplined hacks, and now this.

Daw still to face court sometime this summer too, yes?

I wonder if Justin Leppitsch will have a word with Trent about his actions. Did Brent Harvey alert the authorities?

Back