• Dogs

Votes: 61 57.0%
  • Cats

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • They both do alright

Votes: 22 20.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of oldies, but they sum up the differences well.
Bl9YdOAIIAAjsYX.jpg:large

imMyG.jpg

Cats have more personality than dogs!

I thought this was just a known universal truth?
Dogs just have the same dumb personality, cats are unique and quirky.

I had a cat and a dog while growing up and I can easily say that the miniature schnauzer killed more native birds than the cat, it became a very efficient bird killing machine any bird that landed in the yard it was a goner. While the cat always brought back mice or the odd rabbit and it rarely ever left a decapitated bird body at the back door.
Having my own house now the only dog I would buy is a italian greyhound/whippet because they have cat type qualities.

Cats are cool, it is all about the awesome levels though.

When I was growing up I had a dickweed cat that wouldn't come near anyone. I don't think I heard it purr once.

Fast forward to my cat now, Chief. Total legend. Best friend is a Kelpie, extremely affectionate, a bit weird too.

Speaking of cats that are jerks:

Yeah dogs on furniture especially beds is very dirty.

Looked after one of my mate's big dog for a few months once, I let him sleep inside but he knew (unlike his owner that spoiled him) that he was never ever allowed to sit on any of my couches. Woke up one night to the toilet, about to go back to bed then saw him sleeping quietly it the living room corner and but just thought hmm.. Went over to the lounge chair felt the cushion and it was all warm. Cheeky bastard must have been jumping off when he heard me get up and pretending to go to sleep on the floor, then get back straight back up as soon as I'm gone lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both animals only love you because you feed them. The difference is, cat owners are aware of this and are still able to love their pets for their warmth and affection. Dog owners don't want to hear this and delude themselves into thinking their dog loves them because thats just how dogs are. No, dogs don't know what love is.

Both animals only love you because you feed them. The difference is, cat owners are aware of this and are still able to love their pets for their warmth and affection. Dog owners don't want to hear this and delude themselves into thinking their dog loves them because thats just how dogs are. No, dogs don't know what love is.

I own both. Where do I fit?

This comes down to a lack of training, especially at night time there is no excuse to let your dog bark this is not the dogs fault.

I've never been bitten by a dog as a kid or an adult, never know anyone who was bitten by a dog either. Maybe i'm just lucky and everyone I know trains their dog properly. Again this is caused by bad owners and isn't the dogs fault

Bad owners again, still not the dogs fault. Also it is a lot easier for a cat to get out than a dog

Again owners fault, nothing you have posted makes dogs worse than cats and like others have said a bad pet owner is bad no matter what animal they own.
You just excuse ever issue with them by just blindly blaming 'bad owner'. Problem is that a very large % of dog owners are irresponsible and they can be very dangerous.

I think you are also completely full of s**t saying that you have never even knowing anyone that's been bitten.

Heck just earlier this week when I went for a walk minding my own business the German shepherd down the road had got out, aggressively came at us and bit us on the back of the leg lucky they heard it and came out and called it off. One mistake I will give them the benefit of doubt but it ever does it again I'm calling ranger.

Anyone have a cat that they can walk? Had one as a kid, we would walk the dog he would tag along.

We lived on the edge of town when I was growing up and used to walk through the scrub some weekends with my cat tagging along. I used to go through the scrub as a short cut to the deli and the cat would sometimes walk with me but only as far as scrub, when we arrived on the next road over she would stop.

Back