Bulletproof® Lifestyle / BP coffee etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone experienced adrenal fatigue from to much caffeine intake?

Quite common but usually adrenal fatigue is caused by a number of factors & excess caffeine cn be a contributor.

Half to full teaspoon of Pink Himalayan salt in glass of water upon rising lessons the stress on your adrenal glands , hence the reason I drink it, among other benefits.

Thanks for the replies been on the salt water, but think in over doing the caffeine a bit 4:30am been having 4 smart caffeine pills training then 30ml MCT, 9:30 BP with 4 spoons of coffee then at 12:30 another BP and only meal is dinner at 6ish all HFLC, then in bed at around 10.

Last edited:
Quite common but usually adrenal fatigue is caused by a number of factors & excess caffeine cn be a contributor.

Half to full teaspoon of Pink Himalayan salt in glass of water upon rising lessons the stress on your adrenal glands , hence the reason I drink it, among other benefits.
I was on the pink salt but now on the Olsen sea salt from optimoz, would you recommend I get back on the pink?

Thanks for the replies been on the salt water, but think in over doing the caffeine a bit 4:30am been having 4 smart caffeine pills training then 30ml MCT, 9:30 BP with 4 spoons of coffee then at 12:30 another BP and only meal is dinner at 6ish all HFLC, then in bed at around 10.

I wouldn't exceed 400mg daily too often, 200 is a safer bet, looks like you consuming 6-800!

I wouldn't exceed 400mg daily too often, 200 is a safer bet, looks like you consuming 6-800!
Sweet I'll drop the smart caffeine back to 2 then have only 1 BP a day and then have MCT for other meal. Also had pink salt again this morning was much better than the Olsen sea salt!

Had my second BP coffee today as a replacement for breakfast. Slowly getting into it. Have only been using my instant coffee as a base but over the weekend will get some ground coffee and a new french press the one at home is a bit old and tacky). Only going with 5g butter and 5g coconut oil, but will ramp up usage over the course of the next week as I get used to.

I actually don't mind the taste.. I am used to a bit more sweetness because I usually had sugar in my coffees, but it's not too bad at all really!

Had my second BP coffee today as a replacement for breakfast. Slowly getting into it. Have only been using my instant coffee as a base but over the weekend will get some ground coffee and a new french press the one at home is a bit old and tacky). Only going with 5g butter and 5g coconut oil, but will ramp up usage over the course of the next week as I get used to.

I actually don't mind the taste.. I am used to a bit more sweetness because I usually had sugar in my coffees, but it's not too bad at all really!
Ramp up the butter first big time as that wont go through you like the coconut oil.

Is a second BPC after lunch still beneficial or too much?

It has its benefits as long as the additional caffeine doesn't prevent you from sleeping, a 2nd daily BPC a enables you to consume another quality fat feeding with out the carbs so you can save them all for at night when your less carb sensitive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For some reason after my BPC this morning I didn't feel hungry all day. A pork belly just then was the only thing I've eaten all day and I probably only ate out of habit, not hunger.

So, I've just completed week one of my BP Lifestyle experience and I must say I am wrapped.

I purchased the starter kit from Optimoz with the Brain Octain Oil and I work as a Team Manager in a contact center which can be a bit full on at times.

I've been alert, engaging and focused all week and for the first time in a long time, I'm actually on-top of my admin work!

I've never been a big drinker of coffee with milk, cream or anything like that but I really enjoy it with the grass fed butter, gives it a different flavour - however, I also do drink the coffee straight.

It's such a clean crisp taste and such an amazingly clean energy that I actively promote it to others now. I haven't been training the last couple of weeks, but will be getting back into it next week, so I'll be interested to see how it goes with my standard exercising habits.

bpc01.jpg bpc02.jpg

BPC #3 this morning - upped the butter and look how good it looks.. I am really enjoying the taste too. First time with MCT oil this morning, used about a teaspoon, didn't change the taste from yesterday with the coconut oil. Dropped a couple of ice cubes in to it this morning because after being someone who doesn't drink blac k coffee, the boiling water was a little too much to handle :D

Even was able to put it in a thermos to accompany me on my way to work :)

Lovin' it!

So, I've just completed week one of my BP Lifestyle experience and I must say I am wrapped.

I purchased the starter kit from Optimoz with the Brain Octain Oil and I work as a Team Manager in a contact center which can be a bit full on at times.

I've been alert, engaging and focused all week and for the first time in a long time, I'm actually on-top of my admin work!

I've never been a big drinker of coffee with milk, cream or anything like that but I really enjoy it with the grass fed butter, gives it a different flavour - however, I also do drink the coffee straight.

It's such a clean crisp taste and such an amazingly clean energy that I actively promote it to others now. I haven't been training the last couple of weeks, but will be getting back into it next week, so I'll be interested to see how it goes with my standard exercising habits.

Welcome to the Darkside!

Can anyone tell me whether cream is an acceptable replacement for butter in BP coffee? Cafe around the corner from my place is selling 'primal coffee' which has the above ingredient switch

Can anyone tell me whether cream is an acceptable replacement for butter in BP coffee? Cafe around the corner from my place is selling 'primal coffee' which has the above ingredient switch

Hi ppoiter, good question mate. I was reading up on this not long ago (https://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-coffee-mistakes-butter-coffee-fatty-coffee-and-more/)

4. Adding cream, milk, nut milk, sugar, or honey WRECKS the affects – The glorious effects of drinking Bulletproof® Coffee, like better brain function, increased energy, and normalized weight, can be canceled out when things like cream, milk, nut milk, sugar, and honey are added to the recipe. Each of these foods change insulin response, stop autophagy, or cause inflammation. These physiological/biochemical changes in your body equals a foggy brain, hunger, and fat gain. No thank you!

On another note, I've upped my Brain Octane Oil to 2 tea spoons rather than the initial one, great effects! Clarity, focus and confidence!

I'm also planning on making a cold drip coffee using the Upgraded coffee beans and brain octane oil overnight to see if I can get similar effects for summer!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back