Saga should be over soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's nothing then to prevent them from releasing the evidence at the time requested by the AFLPA, especially since they are as keen as anyone to finalise these matters"

I'm so glad you and Fu have managed to come to that conclusion.
Dave, I thought you were better than that. I can't speak for Fu, but I certainly haven't come to the conclusion you seem to need me to come to. ASADA has no obligation to release the evidence simply because the players have asked for it. In fact there are many reasons they should be reticent to do so. There are simply too many potential twists and turns that the players, Hird or EFC might try to throw at the process between now and the tribunal hearing - whenever that happens. It took four years to stitch Lance Armstong up, given the delays introduced by the EFC brigade to date I don't think another few months will matter much to ASADA.

Dave, I thought you were better than that. I can't speak for Fu, but I certainly haven't come to the conclusion you seem to need me to come to. ASADA has no obligation to release the evidence simply because the players have asked for it. In fact there are many reasons they should be reticent to do so. There are simply too many potential twists and turns that the players, Hird or EFC might try to throw at the process between now and the tribunal hearing - whenever that happens. It took four years to stitch Lance Armstong up, given the delays introduced by the EFC brigade to date I don't think another few months will matter much to ASADA.
They will release it when they are good and ready and within the guidelines.

I don't know why all the fuss. It's not like they have broken any laws by being cautious and considered in their actions. Isn't that what we want from all our regulatory agencies?

Dave, I thought you were better than that. I can't speak for Fu, but I certainly haven't come to the conclusion you seem to need me to come to.

I don't need you to come to any conclusion. There may be good reasons for ASADA not releasing the evidence, but there's nothing to stop them doing so as requested by the AFLPA, despite what some here have claimed.

I haven't heard that before
what are you referring to exactly?
mind you, it does gel
such was the rapidity with which McDevitt was wanting to exchange non-punishments for admissions

THe Gazelle or what ever batman names there were given were quoted to have admitted giving certain peptides to the players in the evidence provided to the players ... but have denied having ever said that since.

You don't think ASADA is working within the guidelines?

I don't think they are working like an organisation "as keen as anyone to finalise these matters".

I think McDevitt is talking out of his ring as ASADA originally had no intention of releasing evidence to the players.

I don't need you to come to any conclusion. There may be good reasons for ASADA not releasing the evidence, but there's nothing to stop them doing so as requested by the AFLPA, despite what some here have claimed.
I don't know why some people are complaining that ASADA hasn't released all the evidence. They have provided 12,000 pages of detailed summaries of the evidence. It's not as if the players' lawyers are going to be ambushed.

Ok, I'll have one more go, glutton for punishment and all that ;)

Providing the info to AFL in the specific situation we're talking about won't be proscribed anywhere in the act or regs. But due to the structure of the NAD scheme, it may be unlawful to disclose at this point in time (that would be an issue ultimately decided by a court). And that may be unlawful is enough to ensure it won't be disclosed ahead of time (that time being, when the AFL are notified with details of the RoF Entry per Reg 4.17).

Just as a meta-aside, McDevitt may actually want to move forward and facilitate - and have even taken legal advice as to whether or not he can provide info to the AFL now - but he won't say that in public, cos then he could be construed to be waiving privilege.

I don't think they are working like an organisation "as keen as anyone to finalise these matters".

I think McDevitt is talking out of his ring as ASADA originally had no intention of releasing evidence to the players.
I think you're taking that comment too literally. I took it to mean "as kean as anyone - but we have concerns and responsibilities we can't ignore". But you're entitled to your opinion.

Was Essendon working within the guidelines.??????????????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THe Gazelle or what ever batman names there were given were quoted to have admitted giving certain peptides to the players in the evidence provided to the players ... but have denied having ever said that since.

didn't ASADA cut short its interview with gazelle?
remember he was walking around with an esky full of roid-infused ice creams?

So it's Essendon's fault it took ASADA from May last year to Jun this year to issue SCN's? Wow.
Um, yes. If Essendon had kept proper records of their secretive experimental drug program, proof of what the players took would be very easy. You are aware Essendon have pleaded guilty to bringing the game into disrepute?

agreed
copper talking tough
has been caught out telling porkies
Again you belittle McDevitt with name calling and denigration of his previous role as a Police officer, name calling is usually the last recourse of the desperate, so far he has carried out a difficult job efficiently, isnt it time you got out of playschool?

didn't ASADA cut short its interview with gazelle?
remember he was walking around with an esky full of roid-infused ice creams?
One can only imagine how gullible Hirdy must be to be taken in by that village idiot.

Oh how we laughed.

would have thought they could have sent it to the AFL for a cost of a large envelop and $2 postage stamp

Isnt it Essendon and Hird that complained and eventually went to court over ASADA shortcutting a process by using the AFL's right to force players too speak so as to gain evidence, instead of waiting for the AFL to do this and then hand the evidence over to ASADA?

Essendon supporters were so vocal about correct process being followed, some were actually complaining that the process of gathering information was more important than the outcome derived from that information, so why would you all now expect ASADA to shortcut the process just because this time it suits the Essendon agenda?

Isnt it Essendon and Hird that complained and eventually went to court over ASADA shortcutting a process by using the AFL's right to force players too speak so as to gain evidence, instead of waiting for the AFL to do this and then hand the evidence over to ASADA?

Essendon supporters were so vocal about correct process being followed, some were actually complaining that the process of gathering information was more important than the outcome derived from that information, so why would you all now expect ASADA to shortcut the process just because this time it suits the Essendon agenda?

yes, that is a fair point, but it wasn't the players who did it

Again you belittle McDevitt with name calling and denigration of his previous role as a Police officer, name calling is usually the last recourse of the desperate, so far he has carried out a difficult job efficiently, isnt it time you got out of playschool?

I think he has been caught out telling porkies
but it doesn't matter, as far as that goes, he is a law unto himself

obviously, it's impossible to conceive of a scenario where anyone could disagree with what I just posted
No, it is possible to conceive that you might post something that was rational. Indeed this very post is "rational". It is just wrong, as is the rule with the small number of your posts that are rational.

On the other hand most of your posts are irrational - of the "7 is happy" type assertion. These posts (your happy majority) are impossible to disagree with. Saying "7 is not something that has the capacity to be happy" is not disagreeing with your assertion. It is just explaining why it is meaningless.

yes, that is a fair point, but it wasn't the players who did it
I has nothing to do with the players and all to do with Hird and the EFC protecting their interests.
The players are not in their interest,never have been never will be.
That much is clear to ALL,to quote 'you'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back