2014/15 Melbourne Victory Thread - Home of the Champions!! #10yearsproud

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got my membership pack in the mail today (got the membership card separately a few weeks ago). Has everyone got theirs yet?

yeah got mine today too, scarf's going straight to the salvo's, sh!thouse! like the commemorative coin, don't know what to do with it through.

Got my membership pack in the mail today (got the membership card separately a few weeks ago). Has everyone got theirs yet?
Yup! First season membership, first scarf.

Let's go boys! Been pumped for 3 weeks

South End is where I'd go too if I sat behind the goals.

I usually go with a few of the rellows so more of a wingman myself. Enjoy!
Yeah it's pretty chilled, and we make fun of those sitting in the away supporters active bay which is always good.

The wings are great IMO, it's just the atmosphere behind the goals which gets me to the southern end.

Are we a bigger club than Western Bulldogs, Brisbane Lions and the other two?

ITS DERBY DAY!!

798.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

having been to sth terrace once, can someone explain what's the diff between this terrace and its cousin the northern version?
Southern is more relaxed, ie family friendly, rarely ever a flare and has more of a mates environment.

Northern is for the ultras, hardcore football supporters, often identified as hooligans by the media, but they certainly aren't. Northern are bigger and do better chants etc.

South End is English style bants. Two crews, SDC (who started the South End in Olympic Park - wanted to stand close to the beer line) and a stack of others who are just pissheads. About 700 - 800 people, mostly guys and girls who are 25 - 50 years old.

North Terrace is larger, made up of a coalition of 6 to 7 supporter groups (Horda, M3, Back Row Hooligans etc.) and a couple of hundred others who don't belong to a group. European style chants, flags, banners, flares etc. About 1.5k-2k people at it's absolute peak/capacity. NT is mostly 15 - 25 year olds. Most people who 'graduate' (reach their mid- late 20's) from NT end up in the SE because they CBF with the chaos and general rowdiness/overcrowding.

South End is English style bants. Two crews, SDC (who started the South End in Olympic Park - wanted to stand close to the beer line) and a stack of others who are just pissheads. About 700 - 800 people, mostly guys and girls who are 25 - 50 years old.

North Terrace is larger, made up of a coalition of 6 to 7 supporter groups (Horda, M3, Back Row Hooligans etc.) and a couple of hundred others who don't belong to a group. European style chants, flags, banners, flares etc. About 1.5k-2k people at it's absolute peak/capacity. NT is mostly 15 - 25 year olds. Most people who 'graduate' (reach their mid- late 20's) from NT end up in the SE because they CBF with the chaos and general rowdiness/overcrowding.

english style chants i experienced were humourous and added to the atmosphere. interestingly, when people bag soccer based on "wogs, immigrants, speak australian or GTFO, job takers" they seem to gloss over the fact that many fans are of UK extraction or heritage. other confusing aspects of their arguments are

- DEM IMIGANTS!! soccer rules officially laid out by Cambridge Rules. so one may argue it's an english game (tenuous link)
- game ruined by hooligans (nek minnut zomg did u see dat fight in king st!!!!)

thank you GreatBradScott . i heard someone say similar to your post recently. in fact, person added that NT had mostly teens who choreograph moves and dances and think they're hardcore.

BREAKING NEWS:
David Villa has further cut short his stay in Australia and is leaving immediately following tonight's Melbourne Derby.

When asked his reasons for leaving immediately his response was simply 'F*** this joke of a club'

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back