Richmond joins Collingwood as the two biggest drawing clubs in the AFL

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Finally shown some respect. We've got a beauty of a draw, we should smash our attendance record of 2001 where we ushered in 1,173,000 from 25 games. Came close in 2013 with 1,138,000 from 23 games, a bigger average than 2001.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-24/tigers-to-hog-mcg

RICHMOND will play 14 games at the MCG in 2015, including six monster blockbusters against Carlton (twice), Collingwood (twice) and Essendon (twice).

The Tigers will also have up to six Saturday afternoon games, according to The Age.

Richmond is scheduled to play only one match at bogy ground Etihad Stadium, against North Melbourne, next year and is tipped to have just one trip to Perth - most likely to take on Fremantle.

Richmond is expected to match Collingwood's 14 appearances at the MCG next season – a jump of two games from 2014.

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
14 MCG + 1 Etihad = 15 games in Melbourne = 6 interstate trips and 1 trip to geelong.

Geelong want a big club in geelong on the proviso that none of their supporters can get in, Richmond sell a 16 game H & A membership which means 1 of those away games is null and void, I am sick and tired of Richmond having to go to Geelong when other clubs avoid the trip like the plague.

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
we should be exempt from Geelong as no other 'big Club' plays there....... plus our fans can't even get into the joint!

14 MCG + 1 Etihad = 15 games in Melbourne = 6 interstate trips and 1 trip to geelong.

Geelong want a big club in geelong on the proviso that none of their supporters can get in, Richmond sell a 16 game H & A membership which means 1 of those away games is null and void, I am sick and tired of Richmond having to go to Geelong when other clubs avoid the trip like the plague.
there will be away games at shitihad.

Not by that article there wont be, they said only 1 game at Etihad for the year unless they meant home games but I took it as home and away.
You took it the wrong way then. One home game at shitihad.

Can't wait for those Saturday games. Hoping our ressies play first. Could be a few big trips those days.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

TigerTime3

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond: The biggest drawing club club in the AFL that is not hated.

Were we ever hated like Collingwood?

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
between two bowling alley
AFL Club
Richmond

I don't think we ever were and we need to change that. I think clubs like Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon get much higher T.V rating than just their fan base because a lot of people who watch them simply want them to lose. I know that's why I personally watch those games.

Yes we were,we had tough hard tigers then..We had the best everything,players,banners were a big thing the loudest supporters.It was a great time to be a Richmond supporter,going to the footy knowing no one could match us.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes we were,we had tough hard tigers then..We had the best everything,players,banners were a big thing the loudest supporters.It was a great time to be a Richmond supporter,going to the footy knowing no one could match us.
Dwayne Russell had to be reminded by Gerard Healy that in the mid seventies, the tigers were biggest club going around, bigger than the pies.

Back