Saga should be over soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why some people are complaining that ASADA hasn't released all the evidence. They have provided 12,000 pages of detailed summaries of the evidence. It's not as if the players' lawyers are going to be ambushed.

Lets not kid ourselves Argy, they've provided 34 evidence packets, much of which will be the same for each player. It's not like they've released 12,000 unique pages.

I will tell you what fish.

Get yourself a very big writing pad and rule all the pages up into two columns.

One column for people who disrespect James and the other column for those that disrespect Honest Kenneth Hinkley.

Get to it fish

if Ken Hinkley had been a premiership player and Captain, grandson of a another famous Bomber at a power club and carried himself with a arrogant self assurance that Hird does, then we may see the disrespect.

Hinkley was a skinny HBF at everybodys second favourite club.

I loved Fitzroy, I hated Essendon.

How so?

As far as I can see, your lord and master Hird saw fit to appeal, so that ruling is in limbo in effect.

McDevitt said the federal court ruling was important as it could effect the way asada cooperates with sporting bodies, so therefore the outcome of the appeal has the same effect.

Now I know that's a difficult concept for you to fathom, but read it slowly and do your best.

appeal?
are you sure you know what you're talking about?

I think when he claimed that the action Essendon took AFTER ASADA released SCNs somehow influenced what ASADA did before they released SCNs, i.e. choosing not to release evidence, is either weird or a lie.
ASADA is three steps ahead of the game EFC/Hird and the players a playing. They knew a legal challenge was likely. They withheld the details knowing they could keep their powder dry (and were under no obligation to present them - and still aren't).

What good reason would you give for not wanting to 'skip' a few rubber stamping steps that are going anyway to speed up what we are all getting tired of. There is no good reason that it shouldn't follow what the AFLPA suggests. No harm to anyone. Why would anyone on this forum disagree with a fair expedited process for the players. It's not about fairness for a lot anymore. It's something else and it's pretty ugly.

You cretins took ASADA to the Federal freaking Court over nickety spickety points of process, got your arse handed to you by Middleton, and NOW you're complaining about "rubber stamp" stages?

Hargreaves refused to be drawn on that jibe and said he had not attempted to contact McDevitt. "I don't speak to McDevitt," he said. "I just read what he has to say in the newspapers ... (But) it is disingenuous for McDevitt to tell us to read the 12,000 pages of evidence. We've seen this before and it's not the evidence, it's a summary of what ASADA says is the evidence.
"We are not talking about 12,000 pages. We are talking about roughly 105 pages for each individual player, which are virtually identical. The AFL Players' Association and (players' QC) David Grace sat in on those player interviews and we are aware of their evidence and have been since last year.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...-hits-back-at-asada-boss-20141024-11b6lt.html
Okay, let's do the arithmetic. 105 pages are common to each player. That leaves 245 pages that are unique to each player. Altogether a total of 8.5k unique pages of evidence.

ASADA is three steps ahead of the game EFC/Hird and the players a playing. They knew a legal challenge was likely. They withheld the details knowing they could keep their powder dry (and were under no obligation to present them - and still aren't).

details have not changed though, from all accounts the evidence is exactly the same as what it was.

You cretins took ASADA to the Federal freaking Court over nickety spickety points of process, got your arse handed to you by Middleton, and NOW you're complaining about "rubber stamp" stages?

Be careful, tesla1962 will call you stupid as he did to me earlier today when I responded to this piece of insightful analysis.

I have been in therapy all afternoon following that cutting retort

I will tell you what fish.

Get yourself a very big writing pad and rule all the pages up into two columns.

One column for people who disrespect James and the other column for those that disrespect Honest Kenneth Hinkley.

Get to it fish

I think you missed my point. Kinkley has taken the Snowtown tarps to the top four so I like most people have a lot of respect for him ..... your posting with his head his diminishing that..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets not kid ourselves Argy, they've provided 34 evidence packets, much of which will be the same for each player. It's not like they've released 12,000 unique pages.

2 of those packs that are "much the same" have been delivered to players who have yet to waive their ADRVP Rights.

If you count the 105 common pages only once it still leaves a total of something like 8,500 unique pages

..... and there is still such a flimsy case that the players are confident to take it to tribunal. That's a whole lot of

waffle-stack1.jpg

..... and there is still such a flimsy case that the players are confident to take it to tribunal.

I think you mean....that the players have no option left now but to face the tribunal.

It is really no surprise that they see no hope at the ADRVP stage. After all their appeal rights for that one are to the ATT......and former ATT Chair, Judge Downes Gold Stamped all 34 Cases.:)

Yep didn't think you could suggest anything meaningful lol

Pretty clear Mcdevitt is wasting time, like ASADA has been for years looking for something that probably does not exist.

The evidence from all accounts has not changed, the main players ( Essendon, the players, Hird and ASADA ) have known about it for over a year, ASADA has sat on its hands hoping someone or something will appear for them.

The investigation wasnt finished until March. SCNs were issued in June after the Downes review. Federal Court delayed the rest - the judge implied that he wasnt going to be impressed if further action was taken while the case was before him. And here we are.

ASADA did not give evidence with the SCN's, not because it was new evidence, not because of the court case but because it was old.

Until this hits the ADRVP Evidence is not required to be supploied by ASADA under its governing legilsation.

They are desperate to appease their masters, desperate for someone to pay t and save face to justify this incredible hype.

"The delays, in our view, are inexcusable. Even allowing for the appeals by Essendon and (James) Hird, we would respectfully say that ASADA completed their interviews with the players in May 2013. The first show-cause letters arrived in June 2014. ASADA has been dealing with this for the past 18 months

Sure, because the only thing ASADA would look at would be interviews right?

"We simply see no reason why McDevitt can't give the relevant documents to Andrew Dillon now to consider while the panel works concurrently considering the 34 show-cause packs."

Well its simple really, he doesnt have to until the ADRVP stage. ASADA isnt governed by the AFLs Anti Doping code - and as far as I can tell there is no provision in the ASADA Act or Regulations to allow for athletes to waive through the ADRVP. Under its legislation, ASADA is expected to proceed to the ADRVP stage. Once an entry is placed on the Register of Findings then it goes to the Sports bodies for their judgement.

As the ASADA Regulations say - Sports bodies must

accept findings by the ADRVP, act on findings by the ADRVP, ensure that a notice of an alleged anti-doping rule violation is issued in accordance with a recommendation made by the CEO, and enforce sanctions imposed by a sporting tribunal;
ref: The ASADA Regulations (NAD Scheme) Section 2.04 (m)

I think you missed my point. Kinkley has taken the Snowtown tarps to the top four so I like most people have a lot of respect for him ..... your posting with his head his diminishing that..

I know how you feel fish mate.

I used to feel the same way about Charter, then he started hanging around shady characters like Hird and Dank.....Shane went off the rails after that

BTW fish mate, who the %&£@ is Kinkley?

Pretty clear Mcdevitt is wasting time, like ASADA has been for years looking for something that probably does not exist.

The evidence from all accounts has not changed, the main players ( Essendon, the players, Hird and ASADA ) have known about it for over a year, ASADA has sat on its hands hoping someone or something will appear for them.

ASADA did not give evidence with the SCN's, not because it was new evidence, not because of the court case but because it was old.

They are desperate to appease their masters, desperate for someone to pay t and save face to justify this incredible hype.

"The delays, in our view, are inexcusable. Even allowing for the appeals by Essendon and (James) Hird, we would respectfully say that ASADA completed their interviews with the players in May 2013. The first show-cause letters arrived in June 2014. ASADA has been dealing with this for the past 18 months

"We simply see no reason why McDevitt can't give the relevant documents to Andrew Dillon now to consider while the panel works concurrently considering the 34 show-cause packs."

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...-hits-back-at-asada-boss-20141024-11b6lt.html
Your joking right?

So what if they were interviewed in May 2013. They need to compile everything together, investigate further, review the evidence, maybe find something extra so investigate that section longer.

Would like to see how you could achieve it with little staff. They weren't equipped with resources to do this job.

You can't base investigations on interviews, as the whole team could be lying. Just follow the process, its not that hard

Remember, if they recorded everything down, and followed the correct process for injecting substances in players, we wouldn't be here talking about this today, as it would of been dealt with months ago or none of this may of happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back