List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, unsettling a bunch of quality players. Good business to be linked with them. Makes it look like the number 1 destination of choice for stars. We got Griffen, Mummy, Heater and now we can take anyone, no-one is safe. Who knows the phone may ring next year with one or more of those names. Especially if we have a good year.Trade a wantaway for a proven star and first round picks. We all know who wins that trade.

Sure beats being in constant talks with players during a season while they are in contract and offering them contracts at our club.

I think we need to use pick 6 or 7 on Hugh Godard we need a key defender his 195 cm and 92 kg same as Phil Davis just going to get bigger we only have davis mohr injured for season and patful as key defenders

Palmer, Bugg Lamb & Addison are in competition for one and sometimes two spots depending on the matchup, all three have claims IMO and are nice bit players that every team needs. We cannot expect 22 superstars every week, and we could not afford it under the cap, so these quality second tier guys, i.e. best 18-26 s are the ones that can ultimately determine the success of a season

Palmer, Bugg Lamb & Addison are in competition for one and sometimes two spots depending on the matchup, all three have claims IMO and are nice bit players that every team needs. We cannot expect 22 superstars every week, and we could not afford it under the cap, so these quality second tier guys, i.e. best 18-26 s are the ones that can ultimately determine the success of a season
Really agree with regards to everything but the addison part. He isn't in that second tier of players shown by the fact he didn't play at the end of last season even with the huge amount of injuries we had. But i totally agree the strength of guys like lamb bugg etc are key to our finals prospects

Especially, if we lose a couple of stars next year which is likely to be replaced with rookies through draft picks. You have to have low contract AFL calibre gap fillers even if just to cover injuries. And Bugg, Lamb and Palmer young are all enough to still have a little upside.

I think we need to use pick 6 or 7 on Hugh Godard we need a key defender his 195 cm and 92 kg same as Phil Davis just going to get bigger we only have davis mohr injured for season and patful as key defenders
I agree a KPD is the go while we have Patfull, Davis and Mohr for them to learn from. Godard is no frills but gets the job done.
Lever looks more exciting, top character and has reportedly grown to 194cm but has had that injury. So either I'm happy with.

Sure beats being in constant talks with players during a season while they are in contract and offering them contracts at our club.

It is a smarter approach but I'm sure we'll get accused of tapping up anyway. Blame seems to be the first symptom of dealing with loss.

i would be happy with lever or godard, godard 195 cm 92kg and jake lever 194cm 82kg but he will only get bigger in the afl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agreed but safe to say he is low in the priority list

Isn't that what he acknowledged in the article? I want to play on but the club's priority is to sign the stars first and get me sorted later.

Quite humble I thought and with a rare honest assessment of his own place in the team and the game. He's not going to be haggling over dollars come negotiation time and he's useful to have around.

I must admit to not starting out as a Palmer fan, but he did enough this year to have me liking what he's doing.

Isn't that what he acknowledged in the article? I want to play on but the club's priority is to sign the stars first and get me sorted later.

Quite humble I thought and with a rare honest assessment of his own place in the team and the game. He's not going to be haggling over dollars come negotiation time and he's useful to have around.

I must admit to not starting out as a Palmer fan, but he did enough this year to have me liking what he's doing.

I am a big fan of what he brings to the team, it isn't your best 10 or 15 who win you the flag, its your next 10 or 15.

Just a quick question what do you guys think of Zac Williams. Every game I have seen him play he seems to go alright, just wondering where you guys see him in the scheme of things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back