Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

This isn't an Indian bunsen, but Marsh is playing the spinners pretty well considering he was brought up on the WACA.

Khawaja's 37 was very impressive. Started off first two balls: two, four.

Thought we'd discovered the next Ponting. :confused:
I've never seen a standing ovation for a knock of 37 like the one Khawaja received. Bizarre.

I liked his domestic form before he was selected, how could you not? But at Test level (and even now at domestic level), he just gets bogged down and is incapable of rotating the strike, clearly gets frustrated too easily, and is limited in his range of strokes by his footwork. I'm loathe to say that anyone doesn't deserve another go, because I'm a firm believer that we should pick a team on form without giving too much credence to their earlier performances at the highest level, but I don't see him playing much Test cricket from here on out.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm marginally more confident in Haddin than I used to be, touch wood, but really don't know what to make of Marsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never seen a standing ovation for a knock of 37 like the one Khawaja received. Bizarre.

I liked his domestic form before he was selected, how could you not? But at Test level (and even now at domestic level), he just gets bogged down and is incapable of rotating the strike, clearly gets frustrated too easily, and is limited in his range of strokes by his footwork. I'm loathe to say that anyone doesn't deserve another go, because I'm a firm believer that we should pick a team on form without giving too much credence to their earlier performances at the highest level, but I don't see him playing much Test cricket from here on out.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm marginally more confident in Haddin than I used to be, touch wood, but really don't know what to make of Marsh.

You just had to say it, didnt you?

Ah, the 2011 Haddin is back.

Khawaja's 37 was very impressive. Started off first two balls: two, four.

Thought we'd discovered the next Ponting. :confused:
Waiting for the next Ponting is like waiting for the Redbacks to win the Shield: ain't gonna happen......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back