Who'll get the first tap on the shoulder and when?

Remove this Banner Ad

All indication is that he won't be playing next year on the advice that his foot won't withstand the rigors of footy. Some have mentioned he is playing with the idea of taking a year off and perhaps giving it another shot after that. But nothing first hand in all of this.
It was first hand.

Out : Greenwood, LA, Wilkins, Curren, Hine, McMahon
In : Waite, Higgins, Tippet (upgrade), 16, 25, 36

I think Nahas gets 1 more year and i don't think North will be in any rush to upgrade Turner just yet. Not because we shouldn't but because we don't really need to.
Yep those are the changes I'm hoping for also.
As long as we payout McMahon and get him off our list that will make me happy

Oh haha no worries. So Wilkins, curran and LA are all definitely gone then. Nahas is 50/50?
Just based on numbers and the consensus chatter, we know it is an obvious 6, but most likely 7 list changes.
Certain Ins: Waite, Higgins, Pick 16, 25
As Good As Certain Ins: Pick 36, Tippett/Turner rookie upgrade
Likely Ins: Tippet/Turner second rookie upgrade or Pick 56
Certain Outs: Greenwood, LA, Curran
Expected Outs: Wilkins, Hine
Possible Outs: 1 or 2 of McMahon (rookie?), Nahas, Harper (rookie?)
It would be shock if any other names came up for delisting.

Just based on numbers and the consensus chatter, we know it is an obvious 6, but most likely 7 list changes.
Max Warren?

Max Warren?
Warren has been 3 years on the rookie list so will be a departure, with McGenniss likely to be gone too, while the other 2 rookies, Tippett and Turner, may both be upgraded onto the senior list and Eric Wallace given another year as an International.

There seemed to be strong chatter earlier in the week that Nahas and Harper would both be put on the rookie list, meaning that McMahon would stay on the senior list. Not totally opposed to it, I thought he actually was quite servicable in the Hawthorn game.

Can we pay out and delist McMahon, or only move him to the rookie list? If McMahon is happy to call it a day can we pay him out and then he retires?

There seemed to be strong chatter earlier in the week that Nahas and Harper would both be put on the rookie list, meaning that McMahon would stay on the senior list. Not totally opposed to it, I thought he actually was quite servicable in the Hawthorn game.

Can we pay out and delist McMahon, or only move him to the rookie list? If McMahon is happy to call it a day can we pay him out and then he retires?
I would imagine this would be the likely outcome and probably the preferred one. He would be behind MacMillan, Atley, LMac, Wright, Firrito, Mullett, Jacobs in the small defender pecking order so he would only get game time if we were hit by a heavy injury curse. However, with Wilkins and Hine as likely departures, the club might not want to delist too many small defenders so playing out his final year of his contract wouldn't surprise and would still be solid backup like you suggest. Just need to manage things on good terms as he has been a good clubman over a long period.

One of our posters also reported this a few weeks ago. Seems strange that we haven't made it public knowledge though

Yeah I posted it a week before the grand final for memory. So the information above, and time-lines match up.

As I said, it'll be the first bust for one of our SA recruiters who I know.

Yeah I posted it a week before the grand final for memory. So the information above, and time-lines match up.

As I said, it'll be the first bust for one of our SA recruiters who I know.
Out of curiosity HH#3, have you had any discussions with the SA guy regarding how he sees Caleb Daniel? It would be interesting to get an industry perspective given he looks like a great player with one, albeit, major weakness in his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A shortcoming even?
Quite.
tumblr_lgzr56ujss1qf5564.gif

Out of curiosity HH#3, have you had any discussions with the SA guy regarding how he sees Caleb Daniel? It would be interesting to get an industry perspective given he looks like a great player with one, albeit, major weakness in his game.

Can't say I did Tron.

But he looks a good prospect who I'm sure we've looked at.

We had a quick chat about other prospects in Cockatoo, and Maynard, who funny enough has strong SA pedigree. I was looking at some of the in-depth stats with him over the 18's carnival, and I got the real indication that he was impressed with Maynard, who I had a quick look at the footage of.

From memory, until I get home to check, he let himself down with the pill in hand, but lead the team in contested possies, and clearances in a bad loss. Certainly impressed though, so take what you will from that.

I haven't had a chance to get into the draft thread this year, with limited time, but I'll get into it this week sometime.

Can't say I did Tron.

But he looks a good prospect who I'm sure we've looked at.

We had a quick chat about other prospects in Cockatoo, and Maynard, who funny enough has strong SA pedigree. I was looking at some of the in-depth stats with him over the 18's carnival, and I got the real indication that he was impressed with Maynard, who I had a quick look at the footage of.

From memory, until I get home to check, he let himself down with the pill in hand, but lead the team in contested possies, and clearances in a bad loss. Certainly impressed though, so take what you will from that.

I haven't had a chance to get into the draft thread this year, with limited time, but I'll get into it this week sometime.
Cheers man. Appreciate the response, as always.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back