Saga should be over soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually amazed that a large majority of it is that tailored. Those interviews must have been darn chunky with damning evidence

Many of the drug cheats will have shown training results that start relatively low, then peak after the drug program, and then tail off as they become clean again.

It'd be reasonable to expect these to be in their individual data packages.

the program beganlate 2011 and the ST injuries didnt really start on mass until 7 months later. Yeah, im sure the tied the two together instantly. Not to mention the fact all players undertook heavier weight programs than ever before which would have a substantial affect on body shape
Are you suggesting that all afl footballers had to do to become bigger and stronger almost overnight was to lift more weights. Wonder why the conditioning staff at other clubs didn't cotton on.

So, how does someone go from obese to slim overnight? A week of salad?

Are you suggesting that all afl footballers had to do to become bigger and stronger almost overnight was to lift more weights. Wonder why the conditioning staff at other clubs didn't cotton on.

So, how does someone go from obese to slim overnight? A week of salad?
are you seriously suggesing a dramatic increase in weights program wont build muscle?

are you seriously suggesing a dramatic increase in weights program wont build muscle?
and neither did James, that's why he pumped the players up with just about anything he could lay his hands on

Are you seriously suggesting that athletes who have been pumping weights for some time can just suddenly up the weights and put on muscle in the matter of weeks?

Um, yes. If Essendon had kept proper records of their secretive experimental drug program, proof of what the players took would be very easy.

Essendon did keep records, which were given to ASADA.

You are aware Essendon have pleaded guilty to bringing the game into disrepute?

"Guilty until proven guilty"

2 of those packs that are "much the same" have been delivered to players who have yet to waive their ADRVP Rights.

And that changes what I said how? 12,000 pages sounds impressive, less so when you realise it's 350 odd pages replicated 34 times.

If you count the 105 common pages only once it still leaves a total of something like 8,500 unique pages

You're assuming it's only 105 common pages. As for the rest, I'd say the players interviews would all be different, that hardly makes them earth shattering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dave,

You and I both know that comment in andruska's notes refers to how the players were feeling. I does not reflect ASADAs attitude or approach. To paint it as such is disingenuous.

We know no such thing, and given what we know about the other manipulations that occurred (get the result we need, leave out the bits etc) to suggest otherwise is disingenuous.

I'm actually amazed that a large majority of it is that tailored. Those interviews must have been darn chunky with damning evidence
No
Transcripts of interviews can easily rum to 150+ pages

Are you seriously suggesting that athletes who have been pumping weights for some time can just suddenly up the weights and put on muscle in the matter of weeks?

They don't pump a lot of weights during the year and this was a massive increase after the repeat sprint 400m style training that McCormak had them doing.
They also had a massive increase in dietry intake. Thompson had them eating all day!!

The supplements given were only ever about lactic acid removal and keeping the immune system strong ... as well as vitamin c + b ... I swear by daily beroccas.

Essendon did keep records, which were given to ASADA.
"Guilty until proven guilty"
Can you explain why they pleaded guilty to poor governance if they did keep all records? No reasonable person would accept that they were innocent of that, yet you seem to. Why? Apart from supporting your team, have you rational explanations to this logic?
I'd like to hear your side of the story.

Can you explain why they pleaded guilty to poor governance if they did keep all records? No reasonable person would accept that they were innocent of that, yet you seem to. Why? Apart from supporting your team, have you rational explanations to this logic?
I'd like to hear your side of the story.

You know they were given the records. The dispute is what "peptide thymosin" on one occasion.

Don't be silly max. Naturally lifting weights will increase muscle with the right diet. I think I read once that it's can be up to 2kg per month. You guys went far above that max which isn't normal.

If it was simply a matter of lifting a few weights then all afl footballers would look like glen jakovich or any other of the eagle of that era.

They don't pump a lot of weights during the year and this was a massive increase after the repeat sprint 400m style training that McCormak had them doing.
They also had a massive increase in dietry intake. Thompson had them eating all day!!

The supplements given were only ever about lactic acid removal and keeping the immune system strong ... as well as vitamin c + b ... I swear by daily beroccas.
So Thompson is now a professional dietician. Interesting. What supplements remove lactic acid? Maybe I can start using them to treat lactic acidosis! I can swear that McVeigh said he only got vitamin injections. I think I said several times at the start of all this that they should have just used beroccas!

Don't be silly max. Naturally lifting weights will increase muscle with the right diet. I think I read once that it's can be up to 2kg per month. You guys went far above that max which isn't normal.

If it was simply a matter of lifting a few weights then all afl footballers would look like glen jakovich or any other of the eagle of that era.
I see what you're doing there!;)

According to the blokes who were there through the interviews ( AFLPA etc ) there has been nothing in the new 350 page doco that they were not aware of.

So for ASADA's claim to deny the evidence with the initial SCN's because of Hird's and Essendons court case is quite the joke.
They are not required to give evidence with the SCN so if you don't know that you are the joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back