Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Blease.....Whats wrong with him.

You had an ordinary coach in Neelde that didn't play him, now you have a seasoned coach all be it a very good one in Roos, that has barely played him and has now ultimately been thrown to the scrap heap

Here are his stats from the VFL......Why cant he get a game in a very ordinary team ( insult not intended)

RD ...Disp/HR/T/G
1 22/13/4/2
2 inj
3 22/12/5/0
4 17/5/5/1
5 21/9/2/0
6 29/6/5/1
7 25/13/5/1
8 inj
9 27/4/4/0
10 29/9/4/1
11 29/12/4/0 ....125 point loss to BH
12 25/9/6/2 ......90 POINT loss
13 24/11/4/1
14 25/11/6/2
15 inj
16 inj
17 inj
18 missed
19 missed
20 24/10/2/1

Looks to be a decent VFL player but can't translate that to AFL have a look at his stats here, as you can see he can barely get the football at senior level and when he does he usually butchers it.

At a good team he could be handy but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Looks to be a decent VFL player but can't translate that to AFL have a look at his stats here, as you can see he can barely get the football at senior level and when he does he usually butchers it.

At a good team he could be handy but I wouldn't hold my breath.

He did have a knack for kicking a quality running goal, but most everything else was meh, and so many years on the list and yet still couldn't get a bigger tank than a lot of first year players.

He did have a knack for kicking a quality running goal, but most everything else was meh, and so many years on the list and yet still couldn't get a bigger tank than a lot of first year players.

Do you put that down to his work ethic, or just not having a clear run at it due to a magnitude of injuries.
I have a couple of Melbourne supporter friends that follow Casey, they have all said he picks and chooses in terms of running both ways, it shouldn't be a choice it should be unconditional.

Last edited:
Do you put that down to his work ethic, or just not having a clear run at it due to a magnitude of injuries.
I have a couple of Melbourne supporter friends that follow Casey, they have all said he picks and chooses in terms of running both ways, it shouldn't be a choice it should be conditional.

Its work ethic
Take Nathan Jones for example, while legions of players blamed the development at Melbourne he pushed and willed himself to become the best player he could be an is now arguably unlucky to not be an AA

I have a couple of Melbourne supporter friends that follow Casey, they have all said he picks and chooses in terms of running both ways, it shouldn't be a choice it should be unconditional.

Injury was an excuse early in his career, but that was a long time ago now, I don't think it's an excuse for the last 2-3 years at least.

I always held out hope for Blease, thought he showed a bit in a free running team. Unfortunately when defence has been introduced he's been shown up. Good chance if he's given a lifeline he goes the way of Gysberts and Maric.

Poor old Brick sounds like he copped the shaft. Must suck whe its a club f**king you and not the other way round.

Need to find that tweet Beamer sent out when Neeld got the arse and flick it on to him.

Poor old Brick sounds like he copped the shaft. Must suck whe its a club f**king you and not the other way round.

Need to find that tweet Beamer sent out when Neeld got the arse and flick it on to him.

He's just a sook.

Doesn't sound like Carlton did anything wrong - they just told him there wasn't a spot for him after trade week was completed.

w***er.

He's just a sook.

Doesn't sound like Carlton did anything wrong - they just told him there wasn't a spot for him after trade week was completed.

I know... oh, no - the club's circumstances changed... sorry Brocky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See, I'm warm on Brock simply because of the late-season meltdown we went through due to a complete and utter lack of fitness and senior bodies among a whole lot of players.

Give him a minimum contract. Gotta be better than a McKenzie.

See, I'm warm on Brock simply because of the late-season meltdown we went through due to a complete and utter lack of fitness and senior bodies among a whole lot of players.

Give him a minimum contract. Gotta be better than a McKenzie.
If you were going to replace McKenzie I'd go with Mitch Robinson rather than Brock. Obviously Robinson would have to be on strict terms re: behaviour etc.

I think Brock would have a point to prove if he was given another opportunity. The romantic in me, would like to see him go back to the dees and find that early form that suggested he would be a superstar.

He is slow, but you know he will give 100%

I think Brock would have a point to prove if he was given another opportunity. The romantic in me, would like to see him go back to the dees and find that early form that suggested he would be a superstar.

He is slow, but you know he will give 100%

The romantic in me would like to see the campaigner shot out of a cannon.

He donated $10,000 during debt demolition.

Him saying we tanked didn't do the damage: Tanking did.

I don't understand the hatred for a guy who put his hand up and said * that to what was basically match fixing

What a s**t bloke

Classic Melbourne fans.
I don't understand the hatred for a guy who put his hand up and said **** that to what was basically match fixing

What a s**t bloke
Complain that our players don't want it enough and then spit in the face of the guy who wanted it enough to refuse to lose.

Sure, he went to the original tankers, but they don't call him Brick without reason.

Classic Melbourne fans.

Complain that our players don't want it enough and then spit in the face of the guy who wanted it enough to refuse to lose.

Sure, he went to the original tankers, but they don't call him Brick without reason.

Family ties and what not , but yeah your right one of the only guys who didn't want to lose and he is the bad guy

All the hate should be directed at the senior players who just poonced along and went with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back