Toast WE DID IT!!! - Members get voting rights

Corvus

Senior List
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Do we have a China-Hong Kong situation brewing?? Crows members get universal suffrage...but only from a list of candidates screened and vetted by the club. What were we promised at time of handover?

They did have a vote once for a members rep, and Ross Dillon was the boys club man. When the Advertiser picked it up as a story and gave press to the other candidates poor old Ross (possibly the club) had to stump up to send out reply paid envelopes to get the proxies to get over the line.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Im not just tossing up random names mate ;)
Be great to get behind someone we 'know' and believe could do a great job.

Conversations I've had with macca make me think he's not far away from this. He denied coveting one of the positions, but I remain unconvinced. Would only be his age and desire that would hold him back. I'm confident that he would come through whatever vetting process they put in place.

The other blokes I only know as being high achievers based on their posting. There have been times when I've thought Kane McGoodwin was macca23 's eldest son. Still wouldn't be surprised.

Conversations I've had with macca make me think he's not far away from this. He denied coveting one of the positions, but I remain unconvinced. Would only be his age and desire that would hold him back. I'm confident that he would come through whatever vetting process they put in place.

The other blokes I only know as being high achievers based on their posting. There have been times when I've thought Kane McGoodwin was macca23 's eldest son. Still wouldn't be surprised.
Would happily vote for dad.... Whoops macca!

Imagine on the official voting slip

1: John Smith
2: Steve Black
3: Drugs Are Bad Mackay

:p
At least our anti-doping stance would be clear...

Perhaps Dons' should borrow Carl ;)

Schulzycrow

Footy never ends.
Apr 18, 2010
Land of Procrastination
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NorwoodFC, Chic Bulls, Gldn State
Its great to finally have voting rights as members. Lots of water to go under the bridge and some real names to go with those nominations before this has any real substance.

Wright Away

Cancelled
Aug 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, I'm a gold member and I haven't gotten an email from the club since I replied to one of the BS Trigg emails that was sent out when he came back to work. Additionally I am banned from the Crows FB page for being negative about Trigg when he graciously left the club, what a great man and CEO he was.

I didn't say anything offensive or rude. I just posted facts about his tenure as CEO. When someone leaves the club you have to praise them and say how great they are, except if that person in Matthew Rendal, you say that mud sticks and then you reinsert your head in Andrew Demetrio's anus.

Wright Away

Cancelled
Aug 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
On the topic of voting rights, I am glad. It is a step in the right direction, whether it is the only step is something that we will have to let time decide. I hope we can get some strong alternate voices onto the board, not terribly disruptive voices, but ones that can offer a different perspective to that which has permeated the club for the last decade. The best thing out of all this is that we can finally consider ourselves members, before we were just season ticket holders as we had no voting rights, now we will have such rights albeit limited and that can only be a good thing.

creme_fraiche

Cancelled
Jun 1, 2013
WA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
This means little. Kudos to the club for dragging themselves out of the complete dictatorship era but until we possess full voting rights over each candidate we won't truly see holistic change at board level.

Huntercrow

Dwat that Wabbit
Feb 7, 2009
Hunter Valley
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hmmm a lot of long time directors in the current list.
Appointees of the SANFL I would guess.
The constitution will need to be passed by these directors so hardly an ideal situation.
Hopefully they are all about the AFC and not about preserving their status.
The club needs to start afresh with as little interference as possible. I'm sure they are all well meaning but they are of the old regime. Their tenure was as caretakers on behalf of the SANFL. Their first priority was never to the AFC.
So are they up to the challenges of a new constitution and club direction with the AFC as their one and only master?

For me they should all be tested by a member vote. If they can convince the membership that they are the best way forward then so be it, but they all should be required to pass scrutiny.

Back