'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Lumumba made a speech after finishing fourth in the Copeland Trophy this year.

"I know what side of history I stand on, and I am so grateful that the Collingwood Football Club has allowed me to define my character and find the true meaning of my true name ... which is the prince, the one who will hold the last laugh, and is gifted."

Oh god damn it Harry.

I attempted to like this post but rage quit upon clicking the Tweet button :mad:

I hear that Twitter has taken out a sponsorship of BigFooty.
Each mod has been paid $2.5 million*

*this may not be true ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take the million off that statement and you're $2.50 away from what we actually get paid.

Admin, on the other hand...
OK so 2,500,000 - 1,000,000 = 1,500,000
which means you get paid either 1,499,997.50 or $1,500,002.50
which is it?

They should rename the Coleman medal the Hudson medal. Highest goals/game in the history of the game. Played more goals than Coleman as well.

Haha!! That would make Essendon's year :)

This is the thing about naming rites that annoys me. Yes, Coleman was the full forward in the Team of the Century but his career was incomplete. He was selected on how people assume his career would have ended rather than what he actually achieved, and IMHO, this is wrong.

Hudson was, and still is, the greatest full forward to ever play the game, a career tally of over 2,100 goals, most of them with a bung knee, and the highest goals per game in AFL/VFL history. The only other FF who comes close is SA's Ken Farmer who averaged over 6 goals per game and topped the 100 goal mark for 11 straight seasons.

Coleman was obviously a great player but should never have been the FF in the Team of the Century. They completed the joke with their selection of full back. Silvagni's not even the best full back for Carlton, let alone best of all time. Couldn't get a game at FB for Victoria because Langford was better. I wonder if these selection panels were sober when they selected the team.

Haha!! That would make Essendon's year :)

This is the thing about naming rites that annoys me. Yes, Coleman was the full forward in the Team of the Century but his career was incomplete. He was selected on how people assume his career would have ended rather than what he actually achieved, and IMHO, this is wrong.

Hudson was, and still is, the greatest full forward to ever play the game, a career tally of over 2,100 goals, most of them with a bung knee, and the highest goals per game in AFL/VFL history. The only other FF who comes close is SA's Ken Farmer who averaged over 6 goals per game and topped the 100 goal mark for 11 straight seasons.

Coleman was obviously a great player but should never have been the FF in the Team of the Century. They completed the joke with their selection of full back. Silvagni's not even the best full back for Carlton, let alone best of all time. Couldn't get a game at FB for Victoria because Langford was better. I wonder if these selection panels were sober when they selected the team.

Yeah, I think we all agree that the SOS one is a joke.

However, Coleman won the leading goal kicker award straight off the bat in his first season & continued to do so until such time as he wrecked his knee!....Hudson, though with a superior goal-kicking tally, did not!....Hence the reason for the naming of the leading goal kicker award after Coleman, which I think is fair.

There's no argument to my mind that Huddo was the greatest goal-kicking freak there ever was. There ought to be some award with regards goal-kicking named in his honor....Just not sure which though.....There is the Lockett & Coventry ends at Etihad, but for some reason both Huddo & Bung miss out entirely!

However, Coleman won the leading goal kicker award straight off the bat in his first season & continued to do so until such time as he wrecked his knee!....Hudson, though with a superior goal-kicking tally, did not!....Hence the reason for the naming of the leading goal kicker award after Coleman, which I think is fair.

Coleman didn't have the likes of Wade, McKenna and Jesaulenko playing in other teams.

Also, despite playing in a very good team, Coleman's highest tally was 120. He kicked the 100 twice apart from that, just scraping in on both occasions. Hudson managed 150 in a season, Coleman didn't do that. He kicked 146 in a team which didn't make the finals, Coleman didn't do that either.

BTW, Coleman didn't top the goalkicking in 1951.

Last edited:
Coleman didn't have the likes of Wade, McKenna and Jesaulenko playing in other teams.

Also, despite playing in a very good team, Coleman's highest tally was 120. He kicked the 100 twice apart from that, just scraping in on both occasions. Hudson managed 150 in a season, Coleman didn't do that. He kicked 146 in a team which didn't make the finals, Coleman didn't do that either.

BTW, Coleman didn't top the goalkicking in 1951.

Technically he did, given the award only recognizes the Home & Away season....Coleman had 75 to Goninon's 71, who then kicked a further 15 goals in the finals to overhaul Coleman!

I'm not going to argue the merits of Hudson being the superior goal kicker in a tougher, more competitive era.... That's a given for all us Hawks fans!

However, the point remains that in his first full 5 seasons, Coleman topped the goal-kicking charts in the Home & Away season!....Hence the reason for the naming of the award after him!

With old WEG posters, what's the difference between serial numbered, match days ect and how do I tell them part?
Nothing
For Hawthorn Wegs, 61 to 91 had a seriel number up near the newspaper banner along the side, the 2008 had "match day" written along the bottom. These are "original" Wegs!

The re-printed ones have "www.wegart.com.au" written at the bottom

A re-printed Weg cost about $25
An original Weg range in price, depending on condition, the older the poster, the more expensive

Nothing
For Hawthorn Wegs, 61 to 91 had a seriel number up near the newspaper banner along the side, the 2008 had "match day" written along the bottom. These are "original" Wegs!

The re-printed ones have "www.wegart.com.au" written at the bottom

A re-printed Weg cost about $25
An original Weg range in price, depending on condition, the older the poster, the more expensive
So if they dont have a serial number it's original but not "match day"?

Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back