• Langford

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Weller

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Menadue

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Connor Blakely is the one I reckon might surprise.. seems one of the closest fits to our stated target of a competitive inside mid, big body, great endurance and played against men.. He seems to have that rare ability to create time for himself in traffic and hit moving, free targets as a result. I like him a lot, might have voted for him had he been on the list.
Otherwise, (Perhaps more realistically) if Pickett's not available, probably Weller out of the list above. I do worry with smooth moving classy distributors like Ahern, Duggan and Weller, however, that they are going to be found out a bit and get smashed with the speed and physicality step up to AFL.
Strangely Connor Menadue may be a much more "ready to go" prospect than we might at first think. Lightning fast, good skills, Tallish, good evasiveness and kicks goals. Sure he's skinny, but if you can't catch him on the outside, who cares?
But, to remove the splinters from my backside, I reckon Cockatoo, though the sample size is small, probably has the the most tools in the shed going forward.. Bit of everything about him.. yeah, um, vote with my heart I reckon!

Well we all know that Pickett,Laverde,Patracca,Brayshaw,McCartin,Wright,Lever wont be available so pointless wanting them
Well no, we don't know that at all.

Of course they all won't slide, but not out of the question that one of them does.
How many people thought Grundy would be available at 18, or Atley at 17? Those guys were considered massive steals at the time.

Considering the Pies are already committed to Moore, and someone like Durdin or Ahern might get a look inside the top 10 as well, it's not impossible one of the above slide, if they do we should obviously snap them up.

Well no, we don't know that at all.

Of course they all won't slide, but not out of the question that one of them does.
How many people thought Grundy would be available at 18, or Atley at 17? Those guys were considered massive steals at the time.

Considering the Pies are already committed to Moore, and someone like Durdin or Ahern might get a look inside the top 10 as well, it's not impossible one of the above slide, if they do we should obviously snap them up.
The only slider from that list thats a possibility is Lever maybe due to injuries & Cant see any of the others sliding

grundy was sliding atleast a month out and most knew that but were just suprised that he slid out of the top 10 - So i dont really expect any to slide from the group i named - Care to call who your slider might be

The only slider from that list thats a possibility is Lever maybe due to injuries & Cant see any of the others sliding

grundy was sliding atleast a month out and most knew that but were just suprised that he slid out of the top 10 - So i dont really expect any to slide from the group i named - Care to call who your slider might be
Without any inside info I dont know, but I reckon Pickett or Lever could be a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's definately shades of JON about Nokia in the highlights packages. Never seems very composed with pill in hand. Very (st)iffy prospect imo.
Really ?

Could i ask you too watch the clip again 2 times and just look for the similarities to Dustin Martin when getting in/out of packs with his strength and there is even a dusty like dont argue in there

Also watch the way he runs out of packs and runs with the ball at speed - Cant see a bit of lids in there

Hope the new article about first picks on the AFL website is right with Pickett going to Gold Coast at #8, Moore to Collingwood at #9, Geelong going tall at #10 and West Coast taking Cockatoo at #11.
Will leave a few solid options for us still on the table, including Weller, Duggan, DeGoey, etc

Weller is featured on the SUNS website - http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2014-09-25/lachie-weller-hopes-for-draft
I reckon they would be having a hard look at him for pick 8.
I really cant see anyway the suns could pass on weller to be honest, just too much of a good fit for so many reasons
Easily worth #8-#12 and woth a little stretch even if its considered a stretch
Queensland boy - That alone is a fantastic marketing tool as well as having some home grown talent that would be such a feel good for the GC'ers

Back