Food, Drink & Dining Out Odd combinations of food that you enjoy

Remove this Banner Ad

The supermarket?

Is that how much the big two have saturated the market place: that people think of delicatessens as being part of supermarkets?

It's got nothing to do with the big 2 supermarkets. Most supermarkets in the world have a delicatessen. You also have your German or New York style delis.

Where outside of a 20km radius of Melbourne could you find an actual delicatessen in Victoria?
According to Google street view, that one on Malop St is still there :p. Although I don't know how out of date that is.

Once I got a pasty (normal meat & veg one) and saw a brown sauce bottle and thought "oh goody, BBQ sauce my favourite" and applied the sauce to the pasty.

I took a bite and realised the "BBQ sauce" was actually chocolate sauce :oops:

Does vegemite spread on weetbix count as odd? Great combo
I eat that , with butter as well on the weetbix
Eating it right now: but I put Peanut butter in an ice cream cone and then vanilla ice cream. Don't know if that's odd
Must try this, or at least put PB on the top of icecream .
I also have had icecream with lemon juice sprinkled on top .

I eat that , with butter as well on the weetbix

Must try this, or at least put PB on the top of icecream .
I also have had icecream with lemon juice sprinkled on top .

I never tried the Vegemite on Weetbix. I used to like butter and jam on them when I was a kid though.

Also, on the lemon juice, I like adding it to a sprinkle of sugar on pancakes.

Pineapple curry is absolutely amazing. Like made of pineapples, not just with pineapples added.

Even as a pineapple-on-pizza lover I was apprehensive but glad I gave it a crack. Only ever had it at Sri Lankan restaurants though I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fritz is called Fritz in places like S A, northern NSW. Same thing is called Devon in Eastern NSW, Victoria and Tasmania. I remember coming from outback NSW to Victoria and being quite confused.........

Had to look it up. So, it's basically Spam? Doesn't seem very appetizing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back