Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been hearing all over that Brendon Lade is going to the Crows after next season. When he was asked about it he said tonight that he has a contract with Richmond and is not going anywhere.

Been hearing all over that Brendon Lade is going to the Crows after next season. When he was asked about it he said tonight that he has a contract with Richmond and is not going anywhere.

To be fair to Walsh - he did say on 5AA Lade is contracted but didn't say the length of time, so the uninformed fans just got a bit too excited.

One of the morons on the crows show said yesterday that lade will be at Adelaide this time next year.

Same guy who said that Goldsack was playing for Port in 2015.

Oh yeah and then there is stupid. Memory of a goldfish.

I've had two english muffins. That's in about the last 15 minutes. I don't remember anything before that.
What were their names?;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I go on AFL.com and see this
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-24/they-could-have-been-demons
Robbie looks horrible in a Melbourne jumper.
2310_MelbourneCoodabeens.jpg

I saw that article and thought about commenting here. But then I thought you could to some extent do that to any team, it's how missing player 'X' hurts you. Which leads to ...

That is the cruelest article I've ever read.
Yes it is cruel. But fair also? I don't know.
IMO where the article gains traction is when it tracks drafting/retention back to 2006. It's partly the players they missed but also the ones who left. And then the ones who stayed but failed to develop. There's a sports PhD there for anyone who could work out cause/effect.

Instead of State of Origin, hell, instead of the actual AFL season, they should run the 'could have drafted' teams against each other. It will be the highest standard ever played.

Instead of State of Origin, hell, instead of the actual AFL season, they should run the 'could have drafted' teams against each other. It will be the highest standard ever played.
What an amazing idea! Made in jest, but some form of this in the off-season each year would go bunta.

I'm guessing our team would include #DraftSteal Sam Siggins. Can't believe we (and every other team) passed on him 60 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back