International 4 Nations 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

England Squad:

George Burgess (South Sydney/AUS), Tom Burgess (South Sydney/AUS), Joe Burgess (Wigan), Josh Charnley (Wigan) Daryl Clark (Castleford), Mike Cooper (St George Illawarra/AUS), Liam Farrell (Wigan), Brett Ferres (Huddersfield), James Graham (Canterbury Bulldogs/AUS), Ryan Hall (Leeds), Zak Hardaker (Leeds), Chris Hill (Warrington), Josh Hodgson (Hull KR), Sean O'Loughlin (Wigan, capt), Stefan Ratchford (Warrington), Dan Sarginson (Wigan), Michael Shenton (Castleford), Matty Smith (Wigan), Joel Tomkins (Wigan), Sam Tomkins (New Zealand Warriors/NZL), Kallum Watkins (Leeds), Joe Westerman (Hull), Elliott Whitehead (Catalan Dragons/FRA), Gareth Widdop (St George Illawarra/AUS).

The NZ Kiwis squad for the 2014 Four Nations tournament
Gerard Beale (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Adam Blair (Wests Tigers)
Jesse Bromwich (Melbourne Storm)
Lewis Brown (Penrith Panthers)
Greg Eastwood (Canterbury Bulldogs)
Sosaia Feki (Cronulla Sharks)
Kieran Foran (Manly Sea Eagles)
Tohu Harris (Melbourne Storm)
Siliva Havili (Vodafone Warriors)
Peta Hiku (Manly Sea Eagles)
Shaun Johnson (Vodafone Warriors)
Shaun Kenny-Dowall (Sydney Roosters)
Thomas Leuluai (Vodafone Warriors)
Issac Luke (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Simon Mannering (Vodafone Warriors)
Suaia Matagi (Vodafone Warriors)
Sam Moa (Sydney Roosters)
Jason Nightingale (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Kevin Proctor (Melbourne Storm)
Jason Taumalolo (North Queensland Cowboys)
Martin Taupau (Wests Tigers)
Manu Vatuvei (Vodafone Warriors)
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Penrith Panthers)
Dean Whare (Penrith Panthers)

Samoan Squad (in alphabetical order): Leeson Ah Mau (St George Illawarra Dragons), David Fa'alogo (Newcastle Knights), Pita Godinet (Wakefield Trinity Wildcats), Tim Lafai (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Joey Leilua (Newcastle Knights), Isaac Liu (Sydney Roosters), Dunamis Lui (Manly Sea Eagles), Penani Manumalealii (Cronulla Sharks), Mose Masoe (St Helens), Suaia Matagi (New Zealand Warriors), Peter Mata’utia (St George Illawarra Dragons), Reni Maitua (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Tautau Moga (North Queensland Cowboys), Dominique Peyroux (New Zealand Warriors), Frank Pritchard (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Ben Roberts (Melbourne Storm), Tim Simona (Wests Tigers), Michael Sio (New Zealand Warriors), Kyle Stanley (St George Illawarra Dragons), Sauaso Sue (Wests Tigers), Sam Tagataese (Cronulla Sharks), Daniel Vidot (Brisbane Broncos), Antonio Winterstein (North Queensland Cowboys).

Player (NRL Club/Junior Club)

Greg Bird (Gold Coast Titans/West Maitland Red Dogs/ Maitland Pumpkin Pickers)

Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles/Mackay Brothers)

Boyd Cordner Sydney (Roosters/Old Bar Pirates)

Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm/Souths Acacia)

Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers/Enfield Federals/Leichhardt Wanderers)

Aidan Guerra (Sydney Roosters/Townsville Brothers)

Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta Eels/East Campbelltown Eagles/Cabramatta)

Ryan Hoffman (Melbourne Storm/Campbelltown Collegians)

Ben Hunt Brisbane (Broncos/Blackwater Crushers)

Greg Inglis South (Sydney Rabbitohs/Bowraville Tigers)

Josh Jackson (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs/Gulgong Terriers/Mudgee Dragons)

Michael Jennings (Sydney Roosters/St Marys/West City Tigers)

Alex Johnston (South Sydney Rabbitohs/La Perouse Panthers)

David Klemmer (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs/All Saints)

Josh Mansour (Penrith Panthers/St Johns/Kingsgrove Colts)

Sione Mata'utia (Newcastle Knights/Raymond Terrace/South Newcastle)

Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders/Logan Brothers)

Corey Parker (Brisbane Broncos/Logan Brothers)

Beau Scott (Newcastle Knights/Picton Magpies)

Cameron Smith (c) (Melbourne Storm/Logan Brothers)

Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos/Townsville Brothers)

Daniel Tupou (Sydney Roosters/Berala Bears/Guildford Owls)

Dylan Walker (South Sydney Rabbitohs/Mascot Jets)

Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers/Leichhardt Juniors)

The match officials are listed below (in alphabetical order):

Grant Atkins (Touch Judge - Australia)

Phil Bentham (Referee - England)

Anthony Elliott (Touch Judge - New Zealand)

Robert Hicks (Touch Judge - England)

Henry Perenara (Referee and Video Referee - New Zealand)

Ian Smith (Video Referee - England)

Bernard Sutton (Video Referee - Australia)

Gerard Sutton (Referee - Australia)

Jason Walsh (Touch Judge - Australia)

Ben Cummins (Replacement Referee - Australia)

This is a good thing for the NRL. I remember once upon a time AFL players started pulling out of origin.....

League has too much going on and it's detrimental. They need to cut everything else loose but SOO and the Premiership. Tests? They should take the back seat. Send out the Toyota Cup team.

I give up... :rolleyes:

AuckMel> I think we have a very decent squad, and ought to do well. The NRL experience in the squad will help no doubt. But let's not be daft: replacing Slater with GI and Thurston (arguably ever so slightly past his best?) with DCE is hardly fatally weakening the side, is it? I know there are some losses upfront, but we will also lack Sam B, who has shown pretty convincingly that he is the man for the big occasion.

I'd forgotten England will also be without James Roby; that's tantamount to Australia losing Cam Smith.

Yeah, a fair few. Plus Gallen, who is unavailable for 'other' reasons... :p

Luckily Australia have easily the biggest talent pool in the world to draw on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I'm going to this and it'll be my first NRL game. Do people actually care about 4 Nations, or is it just a gimmick? What's the turnout predicted to be?

You will actually be going to your first test match, but that's cool. As a bonus you get two of them. International RL is no gimmick despite what some people tell you. I care. My brother and his wife are going and they care. The Mad Butcher too. Should be a very good turnout. Lang Park is a great place to watch footy.

Go the Kiwis!!

So I'm going to this and it'll be my first NRL game. Do people actually care about 4 Nations, or is it just a gimmick? What's the turnout predicted to be?

hasn't been a gimmick for a long time...... well usually the 4th nation is and england often don't turn up despite how they look on paper. but Australia and New zealand are just about on par talent wise now.

but even so the other nations aren't easy beat's. the thing with league is it's a game where even though there's a small amount of scoring a try can occur from a single missed tackle so if there's any lapse in judgement or error you can give away a try.

Because of this generally games unravel opposite to AFL, where teams usually slow down to prevent injuries or easy off allowing the other team to bring the scores closer, players instead drop their heads realising the games over and the team up by 2-3 tries can get start piling them on.

That said sometimes the opposite is true as well you can have 2 minutes to go just put yourself up by 2 tries and think you've won relax for a moment such as knock on or throw a loose pass and suddenly theres one try in it with 1:30 left and you're now kicking the ball straight back to them.

also new zealand are the most terrible League supporters in the world. they lose and they all run off to crow about union.

second of course is queenslanders who lose origin for the first time in 9 years then start denigrating the code.
Couldn't care less about rugby league or SOG, but thought the 4 Nations would be a cool thing to see regardless of code. QLD Reds is where it's at yo

Couldn't care less about rugby league or SOG, but thought the 4 Nations would be a cool thing to see regardless of code. QLD Reds is where it's at yo

I was beginning to think you didn't have a sense of humour until you mentioned the red's. good old brissy i remember when the roar were thing. :p

I don't blame them - Union is a better code :p

The fact New Zealand, a tiny country of 4 million people, are the best at it says a lot about the game.

Couldn't care less about rugby league

I always find it funny when people say things like that only to constantly talk about the game in other parts of the forum.

I really hope you enjoy the day, just don't come back later only to bag the experience or compare it to the Union.

Oh, if you really want a gimmick, the International Rules starts soon.

The fact New Zealand, a tiny country of 4 million people, are the best at it...

We'll see. :p

Really looking forward to the tournament, and am mulling over whether to get up at the crack of dawn to watch live. I've already got it on record on the TV, so it's not that much of a prob. But if I watch the England Samoa game live, I can watch the Aus/NZ game live straight afterwards without having to avoid the score on the internet. Decisions, decisions...

I really hope you enjoy the day, just don't come back later only to bag the experience or compare it to the Union.

Oh, if you really want a gimmick, the International Rules starts soon.
I'm positive that I'll enjoy it, because it's a fun game to watch live. 3 rows from the front, too, so I'm pretty keen! It's obviously a different code so I'm not going to directly compared the game itself, but there's no need if I enjoy it anyway.

International Rules is in the same boat as the 4 Nations imo, and yes, like you said, it's a gimmick. Both are still fun to watch though.

We'll see. :p

Union mate, easily.

Really looking forward to the tournament, and am mulling over whether to get up at the crack of dawn to watch live. I've already got it on record on the TV, so it's not that much of a prob. But if I watch the England Samoa game live, I can watch the Aus/NZ game live straight afterwards without having to avoid the score on the internet. Decisions, decisions...

Even if I record games I can't help looking up the result. Samoa haven't helped themselves with the actions of a few idiots and they'll be well beaten because of it.

Just don't know what to expect from the late game. No better opportunity than now for the Kiws and England to put the Aussies on the back foot. Probably means we'll forget to turn up. :)

I'm positive that I'll enjoy it, because it's a fun game to watch live. 3 rows from the front, too, so I'm pretty keen! It's obviously a different code so I'm not going to directly compared the game itself, but there's no need if I enjoy it anyway.

Sorry, I thought this was your first game ever. My mistake.

International Rules is in the same boat as the 4 Nations imo, and yes, like you said, it's a gimmick. Both are still fun to watch though.

I enjoy the Rules series too, but lets not kid around here, International RL dates back over a 100 years and is no gimmick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back