2014 Emirates Melbourne Cup Day discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

The betfair push for Mutual Regard continues, now $12

seth
Wow. seth I think come cup day you'll get around $20 on the tote, foolish to take those odds, but as I mentioned earlier regret not taking the 34/1 avaliable a couple of weeks ago. Didn't see the plunge coming that's for sure

Not sure he'll be $20 tote with Olly on.
Told the camp likes a bet so they havent missed this

seth

Not sure he'll be $20 tote with Olly on.
Told the camp likes a bet so they havent missed this

seth
I just think come cup day admire ratki will firm more as will protectionist, also Fawkner if lloyd presses onto the cup, and then there is the lexus winner. A few variables I know but am basing on Verema from last year horse that's never ran here firms into low teens but come cup day out to $20 mark

Looking a the current prices of Protectionist/Mutual Regard on Betfair - we could have one of the falsest top of the market for quite some time. Should be plenty of decent prices around if you think they can't win.

Does anyone think Fawkner's run today sheds any light, one way or the other, on his ability to get the 3200?

I can't see him running after that, IMO that was a hard, hard run. Despite the almost fall, he had a pretty charmed run, didn't look like much in the tank. IMO 2400 sees him out.

Cue egg on face Fawkner MC win...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The query is that the CP was his ultimate grand final/peak. Whatever happens from here is an afterthought. I'm not sure they are that keen on running, they might just ease off him and try again in the CP next year. If they go to the MC I can't see him winning.

I just had a close look at the field... there is absolutely no depth in the race at all. Even the overseas runners are not as good as usual. If Fawkner doesn't run then Admire Rakti and Lucia are head and shoulders above everything else.

I have Rakti going for a fortune, going to save on Lucia .. in my eyes the odds should be Admire 2.20 LV 4.00 write your own ticket the rest... unless it rains.

Edit.. unless Hampton Court wins the derby then i give it a big chance as well.

Is Criterion going on to the MC?

Best stayers run from the Cox Plate for mine.

Not that i think he wins, best chance of the locals though.

Does anyone think Fawkner's run today sheds any light, one way or the other, on his ability to get the 3200?
No.

The fact the horse essentially ran up to expectation though may answer one of the other Lloyd bingo queries, in that he was most likely set for today. I didn't see him in the yard, but he had visible improvement to come after the Caulfield Stakes.

That said, he seemed to peak on his run 3rd up last time after having every chance before smashing the line 4th up in the CC. Provided he hasn't pulled up sore, he'll be 4th up into the Cup.

Lloyd strikes again? :drunk:

Hope he does run as he clearly deserves a spot in front of half of the qualified horses.
Always competitive in anything he runs in nowadays

seth

I just had a close look at the field... there is absolutely no depth in the race at all. Even the overseas runners are not as good as usual. If Fawkner doesn't run then Admire Rakti and Lucia are head and shoulders above everything else.

I have Rakti going for a fortune, going to save on Lucia .. in my eyes the odds should be Admire 2.20 LV 4.00 write your own ticket the rest... unless it rains.

Edit.. unless Hampton Court wins the derby then i give it a big chance as well.

I agree, I will be taking those two for first and second in the first 4 and stacking up 3rd and 4th. Then reversing it for about a third of the first outlay just incase something stupid happens, those two 1st and 3rd and stack up 2nd and 4th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back