Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's pet s**t: cricket commentators calling sixes "maximums". They are called "sixes"!!!!

Yeah I hate that. I also hate at the start of matches at the coin toss, when a captain declares his decision on whether to bat or bowl, the commentator (Ian Chappell the worst offender) will very often proclaim "X wins the toss and had no hesitation in having a bat"- as if to imply that the lack of hesitation means it is a no brainer decision. Do they think that the captains don't give it a moments thought until the coin toss falls their way? Even if it was an excruciating decision involving hours of thought beforehand, I would still expect a response without hesitation. Annoys me EVERY time!

Yeah I hate that. I also hate at the start of matches at the coin toss, when a captain declares his decision on whether to bat or bowl, the commentator (Ian Chappell the worst offender) will very often proclaim "X wins the toss and had no hesitation in having a bat"- as if to imply that the lack of hesitation means it is a no brainer decision. Do they think that the captains don't give it a moments thought until the coin toss falls their way? Even if it was an excruciating decision involving hours of thought beforehand, I would still expect a response without hesitation. Annoys me EVERY time!

Yeah cant say I have ever seen in the history of cricket a captain deliberating on what to do once they win the toss - "Oh s**t should of probably thought about this before"

Vet costs. My boy needs surgery on his cruciate ligament. Only going to cost me a mere 4 thousand dollars.:(

Vet costs. My boy needs surgery on his cruciate ligament. Only going to cost me a mere 4 thousand dollars.:(

My dog also did his knee - we ended up shopping around for quotes and got it down to 2,500
I hope they told you that he would more than likely do it again

My dog also did his knee - we ended up shopping around for quotes and got it down to 2,500
I hope they told you that he would more than likely do it again

No, all they said is that if he doesn't get surgery he will get arthritis when he's older. Will shop around a bit.

Call me a prick but I'd never spend 4000 on dog surgery. Give them the best life you can, but if they're gonna need medical costs over 500, put them to sleep.

Call me a prick but I'd never spend 4000 on dog surgery. Give them the best life you can, but if they're gonna need medical costs over 500, put them to sleep.

Prick

Rove is b-grade? I'd have him d-grade at best.

D-grade sums Peter Helliar up the most.

Likewise Hamish Blake, Ryan Shelton, Dave Thornton, Sam Mac and Mick Molloy.

Common denominator, Roving Enterprises.

Who founded that company, Rove McManus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D-grade sums Peter Helliar up the most.

Likewise Hamish Blake, Ryan Shelton, Dave Thornton, Sam Mac and Mick Molloy.

Common denominator, Roving Enterprises.

Who founded that company, Rove McManus.

please dont lump mick with that mob. i still consider him a d-gener

Those *heads that created that ransomware trojan Cryptolocker can go ******* die!:mad:

Had a few people open an email from AUPost this week that encrypted their files on their PC and then it spread to their ******* server as well. Was a ******* pain in the ass getting rid of the thing and recovering files.

Don't get a dog/pet then. Potential medical costs in the thousands must be considered before you buy or own one.

Yeah this is a big factor in preventing me from getting a pet. I love animals, perhaps one day down the track idk.

FWIW my limit would be around perhaps the $1000 mark. Anything more would be too much. Pet insurance is another option tho.

people spending thousands of dollars on animal surgery. notsureifsrs.

For some, myself included our dogs are as much a part of the family as my kids. I have my current dog for 13 years and couldn't begin to fathom denying him treatment and putting him down - especially for something as simple as a knee injury - that's just appalling.
I would have a limit due to his age but as Shell said, should we get another, this time I would take out health insurance as it wasn't really that "out there" when we got this one

For some, myself included our dogs are as much a part of the family as my kids. I have my current dog for 13 years and couldn't begin to fathom denying him treatment and putting him down - especially for something as simple as a knee injury - that's just appalling.
I would have a limit due to his age but as Shell said, should we get another, this time I would take out health insurance as it wasn't really that "out there" when we got this one

When I was a kid, I wasnt aware how much my parents would have spent on our pets. IIRC there was: 3 de-sexings, 1 dog attack/ leg was amputated (dog owner apparently coughed up half. a-hole), 1 tail amputation (NFI how that happened to Tiger, just turned up one day with his tail broken), and a couple other "scrapes" and/ or illness.

All that would have been at least 5 grand. Over the course of 15 years tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back