Social Off Topic Thread - House of Dastardly Crax

Status
Not open for further replies.
SquishyKitty my mentee is running for State Parliament this year down here and is killing it. I am very proud and humbled by her effort. Just had to tell someone.

That's the saturn dress stand.
Wow allrighty!!! Congratulations for your efforts + best wishes to her! You should be proud! An incredible achievement!

BTW - does one not use 'protégé' any more? I read mentee as Mintee lol

CatMarie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
In so jelly that you didn't tell me first. :cry:
Jelly and amazeballs................ Amazeballs that I can understand these terms ......... Not jelly of anyone that doesn't :).... I know . am awake early again. Ho Hum Big day ahead. ............. Caught up on most things here . Don't like icecream but have been reading the icecream thread on general discussion . Think I will have to try some . . Ok Sleepyheads .... WAKE UP before I have to go ....
Edited to say , I read this a lot, but don't post much as I don't think I have any thing interesting to say :cry:

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
haha- I was on the iPhone and thought allrighty had caught a manatee :D

The PC version would be GLBTIatee.
Jelly and amazeballs................ Amazeballs that I can understand these terms ......... Not jelly of anyone that doesn't :).... I know . am awake early again. Ho Hum Big day ahead. ............. Caught up on most things here . Don't like icecream but have been reading the icecream thread on general discussion . Think I will have to try some . . Ok Sleepyheads .... WAKE UP before I have to go ....
Edited to say , I read this a lot, but don't post much as I don't think I have any thing interesting to say :cry:
Discombobulation is one of my favourite words. I try to use it in a sentence everyday.

[I have just changed the topic. Is it interesting? Meh, it's fun]

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Eh still in bed. Having a lazy day today. :)

Aiming for Highpoint tomorrow.
You're going to look for your dress?

I was just in at the vet's this morning, taking in old newspapers, etc. and having a chat. I bring her a coffee now and then because we're old mates and she never charges me for consults. I came home with a bag of joint management biscuits to try on my 10y.o. cats, and some Ivermectin for the chickens, who seem to have every living parasite under the sun! :mad:

Tonight, when they go to bed, I have to catch them all (21 hens and roosters) and give them a drop of Ivermectin on the back of the neck- then repeat weekly until the parasites are gone ...

And, last night, rats came out and had a feast, eating at least 15 blocks of Racumin that I'd put out for them. It's costing me a fortune to feed all the local rats and pigeons. Can't wait till we move!!

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong

Discombobulation is one of my favourite words. I try to use it in a sentence everyday.

I love that word- but never think to use it.
Isn't it strange how some words are "happy, positive words" and some have an undertone of nastiness or evil?
I remember reading a series of books and thinking that a lot of the evil characters in books have names containing the letter M, N, K, B, S and V in them- like Malfoy and Voldemort (and the Slytherins) of Harry Potter fame, Morden, Torak (Eddings' Belgariad series), Sauron and Gollum from Lord of the Rings... etc.
Words like malicious, malevolent, vile, violent and vicious (the prefix -mal meaning "bad" or "evil") conjure up bad images.
Ahhhh, English- it's such a strange language because there are words like magic and magnificent and vineyard and valiant to balance out the negative words. :)

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
Ah crap I was supposed to watch the Cox Plate today.

I'm going to get a call from my Dad tonight and he's going to ask "So what did you think of the race today?" :oops:

It is one of those wonderful onomatopoeic words!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back