News Season 2015, Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get whats the Myth? You think its a myth that the 2nd best forward gets the 2nd best defender?

I think Waite has a far better chance of kicking a bag against Hartigan than he does against Talia.

But he's got far less of a chance to kick a bag with Petrie and Brown in his pocket than with no other discernable key forward.

But he's got far less of a chance to kick a bag with Petrie and Brown in his pocket than with no other discernable key forward.

Disagree. If they can find a balance - then it can benefit both tall forwards.

Tippett/Walker
Roughead/Franklin
Roughhead/Gunston.
Tommahawk/Pods.

Always more goals to go around. Its why Richmond, Port and Geelong are all seeking a 2nd tall forward.

Disagree. If they can find a balance - then it can benefit both tall forwards.

Tippett/Walker
Roughead/Franklin
Roughhead/Gunston.
Tommahawk/Pods.

Always more goals to go around. Its why Richmond, Port and Geelong are all seeking a 2nd tall forward.

Theyre seeking a tall forward so they arent so predictable.
You know the ball is going to Riewoldt, Schulz, Hawkins and it makes them easier to defend (both as a player and as a team)
There wont necessarily be any more goals to share around with an extra key forward added to the mix.

This is why JJs numbers went down when Tex came back into the side.

Should be a cracker of a game.
Theyre seeking a tall forward so they arent so predictable.
You know the ball is going to Riewoldt, Schulz, Hawkins and it makes them easier to defend (both as a player and as a team)
There wont necessarily be any more goals to share around with an extra key forward added to the mix.

This is why JJs numbers went down when Tex came back into the side.
North will have a very unpredictable forward line next year.

We will have

Petrie, Brown, Black and Waite as our tall blokes.

We have numerous little guys to play forward including Thomas, Harvey, Turner and Nahas.

And we then have the midfield mix up that worked quite well against Adelaide by dropping Zeiblell or Cunnington in to the forward line as well.

This isn't going to be a walk in the park for either teams and I certainly wouldn't say Adelaide are favourites to beat a prelim finalist just because they won a match-up in round 13.

North will have a very unpredictable forward line next year.

We will have

Petrie, Brown, Black and Waite as our tall blokes.

We have numerous little guys to play forward including Thomas, Harvey, Turner and Nahas.

And we then have the midfield mix up that worked quite well against Adelaide by dropping Zeiblell or Cunnington in to the forward line as well.

This isn't going to be a walk in the park for either teams and I certainly wouldn't say Adelaide are favourites to beat a prelim finalist just because they won a match-up in round 13.

Yeh thats my point.
You dont seek an extra key forward to kick another 20 goals, because realistically the goals will just get spread around.

You seek an extra key forward to provide matchup headaches. Now means you can either push Petrie or Waite up the ground depending on their opponent. I think we'll struggle to handle all 3 in round 1 if you decide to pick them.

Let me guess, You will look to recruit White, Green, Gray and Redpath to complete the colour palate with Gorringe added later
We also have a player named Mason Wood and looking to recruit Cockatoo from the draft, we've been having some fun with the puns/jokes in that regard.

I will wait till a full preseason has passed before making my judgement on this game, but if it's on Ch 7 I will be a happy camper.

I will never be a happy camper with a channel 7 telecast until they enter the 21st century and telecast the game in HD. Seriously, the fact that the AFL Grand Final, one of the biggest sporting events around the globe, was telecast in SD was a disgrace. They treat fans with absolute contempt. If you're forking out the big dollars for the footy, at least do it properly FFS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* Sunday's!!!!
Country people get shafted with a pineapple again.:mad:
Well the AFL can go and fornicate themselves, I aint goin.
Nice that the Welshinator will be at home to notch up up his first win though.

Would have loved to have gotten 3 Thursday night games to be honest. The numbers we got last year suggest there is a niche in the market.

I agree, I was at the Pie game and have still got a stiffy

Probably was the best enjoyable game for the year from a Crows perspective. A lot of highlights and drama around that match especially when we were rolled 10 days before to the Demons.

A game against similar type of opposition would be again a great spectacle.

Would have loved to have gotten 3 Thursday night games to be honest. The numbers we got last year suggest there is a niche in the market.

Thursday nights can only be scheduled if both teams had bye the week before or one had bye and one played on the Friday tho. If AFL would sometimes play 2 Friday night games there could be more Thursday nights!

Yeah Sunday football sucks, it's just not right. This isn't USA or England. We love our night football and Saturday afternoons! Schedule the 2 most shite games of the round on Sunday when nobody is going to watch or go anyway and give all the rest Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday or public holiday slots I say!!!

Probably was the best enjoyable game for the year from a Crows perspective. A lot of highlights and drama around that match especially when we were rolled 10 days before to the Demons.

A game against similar type of opposition would be again a great spectacle.

I know the Hawks vs Cats has become an Easter Monday "tradition" but looking at Round 1 that is honestly possibly the least appealing / interesting match. We know the Hawks will be premiership favourites next year and the Cats will be borderline top 4 as always, Round 1 won't prove or disprove anything. AFL should have definitely scheduled the Adelaide v Hawks game for Thursday night Round 1 ..... BOOOO!!!!!!!

I know the Hawks vs Cats has become an Easter Monday "tradition" but looking at Round 1 that is honestly possibly the least appealing / interesting match. We know the Hawks will be premiership favourites next year and the Cats will be borderline top 4 as always, Round 1 won't prove or disprove anything. AFL should have definitely scheduled the Adelaide v Hawks game for Thursday night Round 1 ..... BOOOO!!!!!!!
I would love to see the Crows make Thursday or Monday their own timeslot.
With the AFL wanting Saturday games returning to Melbourne with a bullet, we need to get on the front foot and stake a claim while we can. Sunday games are about as popular as a sore prick.

You're right!

Maybe Adelaide would be favourites because you haven't beaten us at home since 2003 ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back