Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't really tried Waters at half forward. He could be a Nicoski type revelation. Or not. Anyway I just want to see him fit again and playing with that intensity we know he's capable of.

Yeo is supposed to be our midfield saviour I thought

I thought we have several times during the "glory years" of 2008 - 2010?

Yeo can be whatever he sets his mind too.... Even ruck

Saying they could have picked Dangerfield over Morton is a prime example of what's wrong with that sort of analysis. Dangerfield was considered a reach even at 10. Melbourne wouldn't have even considered him at 4.

Also, Wines was Toumpas' SA teammate? Must have been a bit of a commute from Bendigo...
Yeah I think it can only legitimately apply when there's an obvious howler with someone much better taken one or two picks after.

The examples from 2008 are all very legitimate, and it was a shocker of a draft for them, but overlooking long term projects in Gawn and Fitzpatrick for two smalls taken further along down the draft is just lazy cherry picking.

All clubs have their blunders but the issue with Melbourne is they didnt get 1 decent player out of all of those picks. Thats why the article targets them.
The crazy thing out of it all is Scully.

he was a lock at pick 1 for the entire lead up to the draft IIRC. Never partied, future leader, trained more houses down than Masto. Now he's not even mentioned in the same breath as the rest of GWS's midfielders, but he's getting paid bucketloads.

Did I miss something? Did he do a knee? It's not as if it's necessarily Melbourne's fault - he's just as average now.

He could end up being the highest paid reserves player in the comp with Griffen there now.

Was he ever exceptionally good at anything? Is there something to learn from recruiters overrating kids who train houses down?

he was a lock at pick 1 for the entire lead up to the draft IIRC. Never partied, future leader, trained more houses down than Masto. Now he's not even mentioned in the same breath as the rest of GWS's midfielders, but he's getting paid bucketloads.

Did I miss something? Did he do a knee? It's not as if it's necessarily Melbourne's fault - he's just as average now.

He could end up being the highest paid reserves player in the comp with Griffen there now.

Was he ever exceptionally good at anything? Is there something to learn from recruiters overrating kids who train houses down?

It's not exactly a secret though. He's on similar money to Gaz and gives a fraction of the output.

Barrett wrote a few articles on it during the year. And if you know Damo is writing about it, it's pretty important.

GWS will cotton on eventually, just like they have with Palmer. And when they do, he's in for a massive pay cut. Just milking it until then i imagine.

It's not exactly a secret though. He's on similar money to Gaz and gives a fraction of the output.

Barrett wrote a few articles on it during the year. And if you know Damo is writing about it, it's pretty important.

GWS will cotton on eventually, just like they have with Palmer. And when they do, he's in for a massive pay cut. Just milking it until then i imagine.
He must feel pretty weird taking home all dat ca$h knowing he doesn't really deserve it

Ha...ha... like it. The draft predictor on the afl site has us taking him at 11. I'm comfortable with that.
Thanks mate, I'd definitely be happy with that as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find that hard to believe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^Beat me to it.

WEST COAST
Pick 11:
The Eagles have a need for pace in their midfield mix, and Nakia Cockatoo would bring plenty of that. Explosive and strong, Cockatoo showed his power and ability in a curtain raiser on Grand Final morning and with brilliant testing at the NAB AFL Draft Combine. There are a number of clubs interested in him, but he has missed a significant amount of footy with his foot injury so will need close assessment.
Around the mark: Liam Duggan, Lachie Weller, Jarrod Pickett

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-25/your-clubs-first-pick

Would be great for us, hopefully a Neade type player.
I'd be wanting him to be a good deal better than neade and more midfielder than small forward

Would be great for us, hopefully a Neade type player.

I really want Pickett or Weller.

Assuming they are both gone, I'm not sure who Id prefer out of Ahern, Duggan, Durdin or Cockatoo.

I'm worried that Cockatoo will be a bust, but still excited by the possibility he could be amazing.

I find that hard to believe

storymaker-hurricane-sandy-damage-photos-1210307-514x268.jpg

Masto goes for a jog down the shops.

Cockatoo is pretty interesting, he has that nice combination of speed and size that is hard to come by. Could be the next dangerfield, or the next swift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back