Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the hatred for a guy who put his hand up and said **** that to what was basically match fixing

What a s**t bloke
Fair enough he left for his personal views on the way the club was been run (tanking) but the way he went on tv and and basically threw the whole club in hot water which left many people affected was not needed

Fair enough he left for his personal views on the way the club was been run (tanking) but the way he went on tv and and basically threw the whole club in hot water which left many people affected was not needed

I think he just honestly answered a question without even considering that there could be consequences

I mean Carlton blokes came out of the woodwork to say they tanked but they were ignored

I think he just honestly answered a question without even considering that there could be consequences

I mean Carlton blokes came out of the woodwork to say they tanked but they were ignored
Yeah he probably didn't think that whole saga was going to happen but he was still calling his ex team mates and ex coach and ex club tankers. putting it out there to everyone.

Yeah he probably didn't think that whole saga was going to happen but he was still calling his ex team mates and ex coach and ex club tankers. putting it out there to everyone.

So he is a dick for being honest??

I know it was bad for us but he is one of the only blokes to answer a question honestly

Besides it ended up being the best thing that could happen to us

So he is a dick for being honest??

I know it was bad for us but he is one of the only blokes to answer a question honestly

Besides it ended up being the best thing that could happen to us
I think he was being dick for selling his mates out.

If he had a problem deal with it internally and move on which he did, no need to go on tv and make things worse for everyone.

He's not the main problem behind the tanking saga though, but I still think he's a dick

By the way I'm not against him coming back, I think i was the first person to raise it here

He donated $10,000 during debt demolition.

Him saying we tanked didn't do the damage: Tanking did.

Donated $10,000? That's nice, now where's the other $490,000 he owes that the club was fined for despite being found not guilty?

The bloke is a piece of s**t and no amount of spin you put on it will change that.

No he left because he was offered more money on a longer term contract.
Lets not get to carried away with the fairytale stuff.
Also lets put an asterisk next to the 10,000 he " donated " as my mail is that was a fine imposed by the club which was paid in this fashion to put a positive spin and sweep his indiscretion under the rug. One of the few success stories in our recent past.

No he left because he was offered more money on a longer term contract.
Lets not get to carried away with the fairytale stuff.
Also lets put an asterisk next to the 10,000 he " donated " as my mail is that was a fine imposed by the club which was paid in this fashion to put a positive spin and sweep his indiscretion under the rug. One of the few success stories in our recent past.

Sounds very believable.

I'm taking this as fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-24/they-could-have-been-demons

Also, this article again.

This same rubbish is written by a different idiot every few months and is always sub-headed with "Dees fans - look away now!"

Such a ridiculous article, for starters the author suggests Jack Riewoldt over James Frawley, if I had to choose between the two right now I'd still choose Frawley. And many selections are ones that every club passed on twice or even three times, just crap.

The only two clear points that don't involve the use of a time machine was Daniel Talia over Gysberts, I remember at the time hoping we would take Talia. And taking any other top 20 talent over Lucas Cook who shouldn't have gone that early. Yes we made some seriously bad draft selections, that's no argument, but to suggest we should've got even half of the guys suggested in the article is complete shisen.

Such a ridiculous article, for starters the author suggests Jack Riewoldt over James Frawley, if I had to choose between the two right now I'd still choose Frawley. And many selections are ones that every club passed on twice or even three times, just crap.

The only two clear points that don't involve the use of a time machine was Daniel Talia over Gysberts, I remember at the time hoping we would take Talia. And taking any other top 20 talent over Lucas Cook who shouldn't have gone that early. Yes we made some seriously bad draft selections, that's no argument, but to suggest we should've got even half of the guys suggested in the article is complete shisen.
It's a stupid clickbait article that is the whole 'kicking the s**t team cos they are s**t' philosophy. Not even worth the time of day.

The premise of it is 'if you had all these picks you could have had THIS team'. Well you know what? If we'd made the right selections we probably wouldn't have had all those picks - we'd have had a few of the early ones, but certainly not all the more recent ones.

This is true. It's incredibly unprofessional for an employee to pot their previous employer after their departure. The same goes vice versa. If it was a true moral issue for him he would have taken his concerns straight to the AFL. The bloke obviously loves the spotlight and decided to throw the entire club, including his previous teammates under the bus. He's done the same thing to Carlton now that they've delisted him. Compare it to how Dean Bailey spoke after he was quite wrongly sacked. He answered the question but gave such a vague answer that he still maintained neutrality. I don't think any club would hire Brock anymore in an off-field roll. The guy is just too vindictive when he departs a club.

Why can't the ********s who write these articles accept that not every draft/trade needs to have a winner and a loser? Until he pissed off Frawley/Riewoldt had practically been a dead heat where you'd have happily taken either.

As for picking Nic Nat that would have been great, having him for the first one or years when he was truly horrible (as opposed to now where he's still not great) then he would have pissed off back to Perth.

This is true. It's incredibly unprofessional for an employee to pot their previous employer after their departure. The same goes vice versa. If it was a true moral issue for him he would have taken his concerns straight to the AFL. The bloke obviously loves the spotlight and decided to throw the entire club, including his previous teammates under the bus. He's done the same thing to Carlton now that they've delisted him. Compare it to how Dean Bailey spoke after he was quite wrongly sacked. He answered the question but gave such a vague answer that he still maintained neutrality. I don't think any club would hire Brock anymore in an off-field roll. The guy is just too vindictive when he departs a club.

Not to mention his sook when he was subbed out

Tried to say he wasn't sooking but didn't know he wasn't allowed on the field when subbed out :rolleyes:

Why can't the ********s who write these articles accept that not every draft/trade needs to have a winner and a loser? Until he pissed off Frawley/Riewoldt had practically been a dead heat where you'd have happily taken either.

As for picking Nic Nat that would have been great, having him for the first one or years when he was truly horrible (as opposed to now where he's still not great) then he would have pissed off back to Perth.

Not to mention he's listed players who've pissed off from their original club (Ward, Tippett, Christensen) and lists others who were potential flight risks back home

Would Fyfe has become so good at Melbourne? He was very skinny when drafted, how's our record developing skinny kids?

I think he was being dick for selling his mates out.

If he had a problem deal with it internally and move on which he did, no need to go on tv and make things worse for everyone.

He's not the main problem behind the tanking saga though, but I still think he's a dick

By the way I'm not against him coming back, I think i was the first person to raise it here

Unfortunately we have all had a situation where we have said too much and caused trouble - sometimes we forget to simply 'shut-up'. Maybe a few too many drinks affected our judgement or we were simply too stupid to understand what we were saying. In Brock's case I think he knew what he was saying and where it would all head - he is not that silly that he couldn't see what he was doing. Therefore, hard to see many at MFC who would want him back.

A BigFooty troll on his school holidays could have mustered up something better than that tripe. Michael Rogers, whoever you are, you are a hack.

And given that the same story has been written five times (not to mention the number of times it's been posted on forums) he wouldn't have even had to go to any great lengths to reheat the same tripe. Somebody write an article about why we've botched all these picks and I'll read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back