Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about some sort of navy, verticle stripe number, perhaps 3 stripes, we could even throw in a few colours that have nothing to do with our origin!!

I like your thinking MIKE85 ;) While we're busy changing our identity, how about changing the logo so it includes some new colours. Making there inclusion on any jumper necessary?

I locked in the bulldogs as it would provide a clear contrast. Freo would be the same, But all the others would be wearing it for the sake of it really. (Although I love the peril, so I'd go along with it)
For 2016 we could well still be stuck with the tablecloth as our clash.

I
Just occurred to me we will most likely be wearing the table cloth round 1 against Bulldogs next year :(
Would have been a great chance to launch the Peril
I Realised that last week. What a shitty way to kick our campaign off. We never play well in it either, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got smashed. At least it wouldn't give the bandwagoners a false sense of hope.

I
I Realised that last week. What a shitty way to kick our campaign off. We never play well in it either, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got smashed. At least it wouldn't give the bandwagoners a false sense of hope.
We wore it against the Bulldogs in round 1 2012 at Etihad and won by 48 points, so all is not lost!

Just occurred to me we will most likely be wearing the table cloth round 1 against Bulldogs next year :(
Would have been a great chance to launch the Peril
Tom Boyd to kick 12

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They actually started that earlier in the year, might have even been last year, so I don't think we should read anything into it. Let's hope we get something from gary next week once he's back.

Yeah, last year. I was getting really into them and then they stopped them for six months. Annoyed me endlessly.

Yeah I remember they got to 10, then nothing, at this rate we'll get to jako and matera by 2020
Poor old Ryan Turnbull will be waiting until the next century for his turn. Freo might even be relevant by then.

Surley there is no need for feedback, that sort of desingn innovation is just rubber stamped straight away, and changed on the guernsey's ASAP. If not......f**king negligent west coast.

That's what I assumed too, but the AFL got wind of it and are thinking of introducing feathers to all club uniforms and want to do some marketability research across the country's primary schools. Therefore, they are trying to incorporate it with the NAPLAN testing. Still I'm reliably informed the wheels are turning.

I'm thinking about the little things again while we're all waiting for some news, and I think the wings should go back to how the looked in 1999 (from a rear view anyway. Make them point down so the SGIO box doesn't sit on the tips (Because I doubt we can get anything other then a smaller surround from SGIO, the oval from the front maybe?). Another option I would be interested in seeing would be integrating the wing ends onto the side panels. Although I'm not quite sure how that would work, considering we can't even get the wings to go across the damn things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back