Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just airing it out. I know a few people like to wash their dirty jumpers but I would never do that.
I want it to stay like it was when it came off the ground, or as close to it as possible.
Anyone have tips on treating unwashed match worn jerseys/jumpers?

I get a few NRL Warriors jerseys and find I have to treat them. Airing them out and hoping the wind and the Suns UV light treats it isnt enough for the New Zealand climate. Because soil is loaded with bacteria, everytime theres a noticeable change in temperature the higher moisture levels in the air start making the jerseys smell again.

I also read somewhere that the sweat on them is bad in the long run because of the urea contained in perspiration. Has a slow degrading effect on fabrics.

Both issues cant be good for the jumpers longevity?

Personally I soak the jerseys in a colourless bleach overnight then hang to dry. I take extreme care not wash it in any way or work it unnecessarily. Even when I take it out of the tray I leave it to drip dry as it came out. I use large fish tray which means I only have to fill it with about 40mm of water to cover any jersey completely.

I have never had any problems with signatures as well as dirt, field marking paint and grass and coming off. They do fade slightly but thats a small trade off for the longterm preservation of the garment. I hope to one day hand my collection down to one of my sons.

Always wondered if there was a correct way of going about it? Part of the joy of owning the jerseys is being able to see the battle stains and finding match pics that have same stain. Be really interested to hear others feedback on this and how others treat their prized possessions...

Funny, my Seb Ross PI came already smelling of deodorant.

BTW, not sure if this is the right thread, but St Kilda are having a "garage sale" at Moorabbin on Saturday, where 2014 PIs will be available.

Two new additions courtesy of the Crows end of season auction

Matt Crouch match worn away jumper
14977229784_0e062884ff_z.jpg

Brodie Smith player issue SANFL guernsey

P1000824_zpsceff4140.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got this at an op shop for $4
I have a feeling that it's fake. No tag on back and no swoosh on triangle plus it looks a bit off
IMG_3104_zps560d5e55.jpg

IMG_3107_zpsb07eef30.jpg

IMG_3106_zps1926075a.jpg
I thought that was legit until I checked mine. The collar is different. In saying that I just checked photos from the game and the PIs have shoulder panels too, which my retail doesn't have.

A few of my recent pick ups from the Crows auctions

Eddie Betts

Rory Sloane

Tex

Crouch Jnr

And one I was able to get thanks to another board member. Never see these come up for sale so was very happy to get the chance at this one.

Scott Thompson 2005 AFC Heritage

So North had huge sales today.

Was lucky enough to get for $119 in total:
  • Kayne Turner #40 Preseason Guernsey PI
  • Kayne Turner Away Shorts PI (match worn)
  • Sam Gibson Home Shorts PI (match worn)
  • Todd Goldstein Home Socks PI (match worn)
  • Drew Petrie Away (hooped) Socks PI (match worn)
  • 2014 NMFC Hoodie
Here's the Kayne Turner Preseason combo:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thats a serious get for $119. Nothing from West Coast goes for under $150!
It's mainly because we are ditching blades, but still.

I'm stoked. PI shorts were $5 each, socks $2 each, hoodie $30, PI Guernsey $75.

The discrepancy in pricing between the shorts and guernseys is interesting
They had way more shorts than they did guernseys. And some of the shorts have grass stains, pulled stitching etc. I don't think the guernseys were match worn, but I think mine was, the GPS pouch had a little bit of dirt in it.

Nice haul, Greater Gattsby. Sugar PI should prove to be a good investment :)

The Dogs had their sale today, which I didn't attend, but they didn't manage to sell anything that I wanted, which is good. They usually hold onto stuff like that in case anyone asks for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back