Preview Preseason 2015 (expectations, stepping up, etc)

PieMan!

All Australian
Jan 22, 2014
The Westpac Centre
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Hey guys, who do you think needs or will have a big preseason and take the next step or anything to do with the preseason like injuries

And what do you think we will focus on in the preseason?

Gambit78

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
Adam Oxley. The forgotten man. Ghost.

Ben Kennedy, second pre-season without the 'shin splints thingy' that restricted his running - develops more of a tank, gets more game time - simple really.

Ben Reid - hope and pray that whatever new training regime they come up with will see him on the field more often than not.

Marley Williams - no distraction this pre-season, midfield time beckoning - it's time.

PieMan!

All Australian
Jan 22, 2014
The Westpac Centre
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Due to all the injuries we had, does anyone if anyone will be unable to start preseason on time?

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
They all need to take the next step if we want to play finals next year.
Wrong.

If we can have a normal preseason for injuries -normal for the average - which means about the third of what we have had for the last 3 years things will improve IMMENSELY.

SO TIRED of people NOT factoring in injuries to our performances. :mad:

Hope those who had interrupted pre-seasons for 2014, due to injury or illness, get a good run at it this year. Swan and Patty K are in that category. Grundy and BenKen also need to work on building their tanks.

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's now or never for Seedsman, he's a gun AA talent, when he's been fit we've seen some brilliance from him, igpf he can get a good preseason and a full year of games he'll be up there with the elite of the sport.

Freeman needs to get right he is the next Dane Swan.

Fasolo we need firing in the forward line. We have a serious lack of goal sneak talent, and he's the only one we have who can fix that.

Marley was brilliant in 2013, let's hope he can build on that after a fairly flat year last year. AA in the making.

Implanttheseed

Team Captain
May 30, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Benken, Grundy, broomhead and karnesis for me need big preseasons... We know what we are gunna get from pendles and Cloke etc. time for the young boys and a couple of mid rangers to dig in and have a huge preseason

Magpie Monopoly

A Good Bloke
Jul 11, 2014
Syria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Door is open for Steele to have an increased roll and make that final step to elite.

Would be really disappointed if some young player like Adams jumps him over the next year to be our 2nd best mid. Would say alot about Steele's (and Adam's) character.

Implanttheseed

Team Captain
May 30, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Door is open for Steele to have an increased roll and make that final step to elite.

Would be really disappointed if some young player like Adams jumps him over the next year to be our 2nd best mid. Would say alot about Steele's (and Adam's) character.

Defs steele had a good year this year without beams hopefully he can take the next step to AA and more of a leadership role

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Need pretty much everybody to have a good pre-season but Seedsman, Broomhead, Freeman and Varcoe in particular.

Scharenberg to have a really good rehab and debut in the second half of the year so he'll have some AFL experience going into 2016, so when we pick up Dangerfield we can challenge for the premiership.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Everyone needs to have a good preseason but there are a few that have to get themselves cherry ripe:

Seedsman needs to deliver, he was restricted last year and hopefully can get a full crack at it. I think he is one to really make his mark next year.

Karnezis, Freeman, both need to be ready for round 1, difficult year last one and on potential could step up but need their bodies right and ready.

Reid is crucial and he needs this preseason to get his body right for 2015.

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know Elliott didnt go on a hoilday and has been at the Westpac centre nearly every day to get his body right and started training already

The only issue I have with this is burn out.
We were told this time last year that Brodie Grundy was already back on the training track and he looked flat maybe even slightly over it.

In my mind getting away from all of the s**t football brings would be more beneficial to both the body and mind.

Pie_fan92

Senior List
Oct 24, 2009
Vic Park
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm reckon one of Thomas, Seedsman or Fasolo will elevate their game to the next level after a solid preseason. Hopefully Reid can stay injury free. Is anyone going to have a delayed start to preseason besides mccaffer and shaz?

N_Jaq

Debutant
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The only issue I have with this is burn out.
We were told this time last year that Brodie Grundy was already back on the training track and he looked flat maybe even slightly over it.

In my mind getting away from all of the s**t football brings would be more beneficial to both the body and mind.

I agree, there is such a thing as over-training, but I think when the players are in that really young age-bracket they have a better ability to recover physically. I'd say Billy would have worked out a plan with the fitness staff though to make sure he isn't increasing his chances of injury, and if his instagram page is anything to go by he at least got some fishing sessions in before he hit the treadmill.

As for who I'm tracking over pre-season: Seeds, Patty K, Freeman and Marsh.

Back