Is this correct for 2015?
Senior Coach: James Hird
Senior Assistant/midfield: Mark Harvey
Backline coach: Chris Egan
Forward line coach: Nathan Bassett
Director of coaching: Neil Craig
Development coach: Mark Neeld
VFL coach: Hayden Skipworth
part time ruck/admin: Stephen Alessio (with Simon Madden helping unofficially I guess?)

Football operations manager: Steven Alessio
Director of coaching: Neil Craig
Head Coach: James Hird
Senior Assistant/Midfield Coach: Mark Harvey
Forward Coach: Nathan Bassett
Defence Coach: Matthew Egan
Head of Development: Mark Neeld
VFL Coach: Hayden Skipworth

Has there been a falling out there? Two East Keilor boys who loved a bong in the off season have fallen apart? This is a tragedy, we need Harold and Kumar on the case.

Think we have to be careful of the contents of our posts. You are adding more fuel to the grapevine.

I love this revisionism that Thompson knifed Hird - As many pointed out, Hird was gone on October 2 which happened to be the day of our B and F. There was nothing untoward about Bomber's speech considering the circumstances.

I love this revisionism that Thompson knifed Hird - As many pointed out, Hird was gone on October 2 which happened to be the day of our B and F. There was nothing untoward about Bomber's speech considering the circumstances.
It isn't revisionism.. I said it as it was happening.. it took some a couple of minutes to process what was happening.

I'm sure others who have contact at the club can also tell you.. it went down like a lead balloon in most parts..

Whether you want to call it "reading the green wrong" or he got poor info.. or get stiffed by the board who backed out of their decision.. I don't know.

Whatever caused it.. doesn't change the fact that he campaigned publicly for a job that was already taken..

And on that.. I reckon the Crichton.. and the 7 days after it.. when the speculation was whirling.. was the worst week this club has endured in the whole sorry mess.. because it ripped the soul out of the club and divided it in half.

I don't care which way you lean on the issue.. surely you can admit that since the board backed off.. backed Hird in as coach.. got him back out front and centre.. started the positive news cycle.. got Hird in a couple of web videos for BTV.. things have been a lot more positive.

Positive in the press, positive around the club, positive on this board.. we went from a possible exodus.. to attracting some high quality players (two of whom have expressly pointed to Hird as a 'major' factor in their decision).. a possible membership walk out to growing enthusiasm for next year.

The question is whether the board acted like crazy people because Thompson was pulling strings.. or because they were ill-informed.. I don't know. All I know is that Thompson went away.. Hird was allowed to be 'back in the fold' and the whole thing went away.. the tension.. the arguments.. even 90% of Caro's BS has dropped off... What I don't want is ANYTHING that brings back that level of division to our club again. It was horrible.

*I will ALWAYS love Bomber Thompson for captaining this great club, for the highlights.. I will always respect him for trying to rebuild this club in the last three years and for stepping in and filling the breach. Thompson is a club champion and will always be a hero and EFC legend. However the time has come to say good bye for now. I really wished it would be different.. and pre-September I think it could have been.. but after everything that happened (not letting Hird in the box, not letting him go to training, campaigning for his job) it just isn't possible now.

Suns are clear they are not interested in Thompson. So it is Bulldogs or bust this year.

And on that.. I reckon the Crichton.. and the 7 days after it.. when the speculation was whirling.. was the worst week this club has endured in the whole sorry mess.. because it ripped the soul out of the club and divided it in half.

I don't care which way you lean on the issue.. surely you can admit that since the board backed off.. backed Hird in as coach.. got him back out front and centre.. started the positive news cycle.. got Hird in a couple of web videos for BTV.. things have been a lot more positive.

Positive in the press, positive around the club, positive on this board.. we went from a possible exodus.. to attracting some high quality players (two of whom have expressly pointed to Hird as a 'major' factor in their decision).. a possible membership walk out to growing enthusiasm for next year.

The question is whether the board acted like crazy people because Thompson was pulling strings.. or because they were ill-informed.. I don't know. All I know is that Thompson went away.. Hird was allowed to be 'back in the fold' and the whole thing went away.. the tension.. the arguments.. even 90% of Caro's BS has dropped off... What I don't want is ANYTHING that brings back that level of division to our club again. It was horrible.

*I will ALWAYS love Bomber Thompson for captaining this great club, for the highlights.. I will always respect him for trying to rebuild this club in the last three years and for stepping in and filling the breach. Thompson is a club champion and will always be a hero and EFC legend. However the time has come to say good bye for now. I really wished it would be different.. and pre-September I think it could have been.. but after everything that happened (not letting Hird in the box, not letting him go to training, campaigning for his job) it just isn't possible now.

Suns are clear they are not interested in Thompson. So it is Bulldogs or bust this year.

I hate to say it but I think you might be right.

For Bomber to come back I'd like to see him clarify that even if Hird were not to coach that he wouldn't take the senior job.

And I agree that he should have insisted that Hird be let back into the coaches box.

I've said it before but for me the club welcoming Hird back after the 12 month ban, not even letting him sit in the coaches box was unconscionable.

A disgraceful way to treat a club champion.

There is a difference between all of that and actively 'knifing'.

That's all I'm going to say.
Maybe.. maybe not.

Say you are a Regional Marketing manager for Ford.
In the 3rd quarter you missed your sales targets and know you are on 'thin' ice.
You take the 4 weeks Annual leave owing to you, leaving your close friend Ted (the current Assistant Regional Manager) to 'run' your area
You walk back into work after your Annual Leave and get told you can't attend some important meetings with clients because it would be 'distracting'
You get asked to not be visible around the office because it might appear 'unsettling' to the team
You then get asked not to come along to the annual Christmas Party because it might be 'best' for everyone
You get a phone call from your friend Jenny who plays you a video of a speech Ted made at the party, telling everyone how much he enjoyed his time as 'acting' Regional Marketing manager and how hard it will be to 'step back' into the Assistants role.
You hear from various other co-workers that half the team want Ted instead of you.
You hear from various co-workers that Ted is going to quit rather than go back to being an Assistant
You have a Director ask you whether you would be willing to work as 'co-Regional Managers' for a few years.

Now... maybe Ted didn't actively 'knife' you.. maybe Ted was told by the State Manager that you had already lost your job because of the poor sales figures and he was a 'shoe in' for the position. Maybe Ted was drunk at the Christmas party and was just rambling. Maybe, maybe, maybe

I dare say not many would be willing to continue working with Ted.. ever again.

So I'm ok with you defending Thompson.. I am more than prepared to say he got bad info.. that he misspoke.. that it was a misunderstanding.. that it wasn't that bad.. that he didn't 'mean to' knife him... all good. Doesn't change the fact that he publicly, visibly and clearly campaigned for a job that was, at that point, taken by someone else.

Yeah, but I'm not regional marketing manager of Ford.

He got bad info from the board. He shouldn't have said what he said. That doesn't equate to knifing in the back.

There is no evidence out there to suggest the whole process which began on Tuesday of that week was instigated by Thompson. I'm curious as to how disproportionate responsibility for that is attached to Thompson, when we've rightly spent the past year pointing out that Hird has had a disproportionate amount of blame attached to him.

I think Rohan Conley summed up the Crichton with Bomber fairly well.

I don't think it helped. But, Timmy talking what was Bomber doing next yearm he wouldnn't like the GOld Coast Sun etc, the chanting Bomber by the crown, Bomber the bit of an odd cat he is, I think he was put in a difficult position. Everyone there wanted him to say he was staying. He was almost in a no win position IMO.

Maybe.. maybe not.

Say you are a Regional Marketing manager for Ford.
You missed the part where the regional marketing manager of Ford was accused of using the miles per gallon data of diesel vehicles to market the unleaded counterpart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Rohan Conley summed up the Crichton with Bomber fairly well.

I don't think it helped. But, Timmy talking what was Bomber doing next yearm he wouldnn't like the GOld Coast Sun etc, the chanting Bomber by the crown, Bomber the bit of an odd cat he is, I think he was put in a difficult position. Everyone there wanted him to say he was staying. He was almost in a no win position IMO.
I agree with that, but i'm tempted to say that everyone was complicit in Hird not being there in the first place. The thing is though, if they were going to sack him a few days later then it would have been seriously awkward managing what was said that night with him there. They couldn't really have just come out and said "things are up in the air" because that would have ruined the vibe. Just possibly, there may have been no decent way out of the scenario. The timing of the Crichton just couldn't have been worse.

It isn't revisionism.. I said it as it was happening.. it took some a couple of minutes to process what was happening.

I'm sure others who have contact at the club can also tell you.. it went down like a lead balloon in most parts..

Whether you want to call it "reading the green wrong" or he got poor info.. or get stiffed by the board who backed out of their decision.. I don't know.

Whatever caused it.. doesn't change the fact that he campaigned publicly for a job that was already taken..

I had no problems with Thompson's speech - It's only the noisy minority who kicked up a stink.

I had no problems with Thompson's speech - It's only the noisy minority who kicked up a stink.

They say Hird hasn't spoken to Bomber since. Maybe Hirdy's one of the noisy minority.

They say Hird hasn't spoken to Bomber since. Maybe Hirdy's one of the noisy minority.
Must say I like the notion of someone who hasn't spoken being part of the noisy minority

Remove this Banner Ad

Back