Cox Plate 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup sure is, that's 4 years that we won't have a local winner of any sort of cup or plate! Unless the cleaner improves ANOTHER 4 lengths :drunk:

Considering how much he has improved from a 3yo to now, a 7yo, imagine what he could be as an 11yo…..Scary :oops:

Alive in the quad! lol, in my excitement of collecting a refund with Fawkner i almost forgot i had Adelaide!

No Suavito for me! :drunk:

1 and 2 for 18%

6 and 7 for 12%

Carn Jessy Belle and Gypsy Diamond you dirty sluts!

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
Your view on anything to do with racing is hideous.

If you can't appreciate how good that win was give up on life.

I can appreciate a horse come from the back of the field to beat 6 horses by less then a length, can you appreciate the race was setup for it to happen by the way the race was run?

They were all working a long way from home when the cleaner went at the 800m mark, fawkner hit the front too early and faded late and the rest is history. The winner was good the rest were weaker then last years edition.

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
Just a remarkable win.
Walks out, loops them 5 wide from last at 1000m.
Poorly weighted at scale, been all over the world.

So can we stop talking about the internationals not winning the big 3 without running here?
2/3 in spring

seth
Its 3 months younger then SYT was for his 2nd win and gets a 3kg advantage, I wouldn't call that poorly weighted tbh

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
hmmm, best horse clearly won with a brutal run like that yet still too good, but did Nick Hall have to go as early as he did?

Thought it was a little impatient.

I thought he went early. Jockeys at the valley are like sheep though. If he doesn't go with the field the rest shuffle him back.

So is heading to the cup? Will he stay 3200m?

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
I thought he went early. Jockeys at the valley are like sheep though. If he doesn't go with the field the rest shuffle him back.

He got to the front a bit earlier than ideal, something was always going to be having the last crack.

Has too much weight IMO but if you were on today, I'd probably say butter up again in the Cup, this is Lloyd we're talking about.

May 6, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
I can appreciate a horse come from the back of the field to beat 6 horses by less then a length, can you appreciate the race was setup for it to happen by the way the race was run?

They were all working a long way from home when the cleaner went at the 800m mark, fawkner hit the front too early and faded late and the rest is history. The winner was good the rest were weaker then last years edition.

It was set up...for a horse to race 4 and 5 wide and put in a sustained run for the last 1000 metres. Really should have won by 4L huh.

Agree with the first bit. Its like he heard them coming and said I'm off as well. Had a look at the replay and i think he could have stayed in that trail for another 3 seconds before he would have been boxed in by the swoopers.

And id rather Criterion if he goes to the Cup out of all the Cox Plate field, looked like a stayer today. Think he is clearly the best chance (not much of a chance) of the locals.

Ive said it before, Fawkner is just another Zipping for Lloyd if he runs in the MC, he will run a credible race but isn't a strong enough stayer to be a winning hope.

Yup sure is, that's 4 years that we won't have a local winner of any sort of cup or plate! Unless the cleaner improves ANOTHER 4 lengths :drunk:

Nah disagree - might be a controversial call but I reckon Waller won't know what to do with him. Will destroy him in meaningless Sydney lead up races over 1200-1600m.

Cleaner was good, the 3 year olds just killed him.He was entitled to finish tailed off. Side Glance was almost as good a run as the winner. And i ask again why was Guest of Honor in the race..

Injured - ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.